Sign in to follow this  
Mr Cholmondley Warner

The bubble is about to burst

They are top of the table, and have been performing very well, with the odd expected blip etc (thats football) so I would expect them to give us a good test.

It against the teams higher than us that we need to work harder, but that''s not rocket science is it?

I wouldn''t necessarily say there is even a bubble to burst.

I think most still recognize we are underachieving.

We we''re top in September, and are currently playing the second round of games against the sides we beat to get there. So this upturn in form is not that surprising, and certainly nothing to get carried away with.

[:D] I''m not sure what''s more amusing, OP or the muppets who don''t realise OP is trolling.

Wise words indeed Hoola.

Why was your flounce so short?

It was announced with such drama and deep feeling, great swift recovery though👍

Mr Cholmondley Warner wrote the following post at 14/02/2017 9:16 AM:

I think Newcastle will give us a right good spanking tonight

Can''t beat a right good spanking on valentine''s!!!

It could be their bubble is about to burst.

But tonight is truly the acid test for our resurgent squad; a good performance and the right result will show some consistency is coming and the resilience that has been missing against the league best teams for most of the season .

A poor defeat will just reignite those flames.

Time for the squad to show their bottle now its needed most.

[quote user="king canary"]Can I get in early on this and say if we lose tonight it really isn''t the end of the world?[/quote]

Yes, it is. I will have incurred the wrath of Mrs sgncfc for no good reason and will have to earn many more brownie points before being allowed out again.

[quote user="king canary"]Can I get in early on this and say if we lose tonight it really isn''t the end of the world?[/quote]

Even the club''s crisis is in crisis!

I don''t think we even have a bubble to burst exactly. But....It is absolutely the litmus test for the season.

And how often have we succeeded at such times? I guess the club knew they had to win last Saturday after Wednesday won. And they did it.

I was confident a week ago but less so as the time has gone on towards match day. Part of that is Neil''s comments about being ready for Newcastle. And those comments show anxiety for me. Why wouldn''t they be ready for any team? Just hope the team are resilient tonight.

At some stage we must put to bed that St James nightmare so why not now? It''s not the end of all chances if we lose but could be a hammer blow if all other teams around us get positive results.

I cannot predict it. Anything could happen and a nightmare to have a bet on.

Up here in the North East mags fans are nervous. They are telling me that if we play as we did Saturday we will win. If we don''t they would take a point. They are saying Newcastle are not playing well at minute but still picking up results. Bit like us early season. With some tough games coming up for Newcastle a win for us would put us right back in it.

''Bubble'' still afloat with seven winnable games coming up before crunch time in first half of April. We have to beat a top half team at some stage surely; why not do it just as the playoffs come into view!