Sign in to follow this  
Barking Mad Barclay Boy

HooolaHOOF it!

Yesterday was as tense as it gets, hanging on to that point, i know keeping the ball yesterday would have made the game so much easier, but for me hoolahan has got to sometimes just get rid, taking 2 or 3 touches in his own area with pressure from newcastle players is just suicidal.

sometimes id like a little less messing about from him and a good ole fashioned HOOF! he tested my nerves yesterday aswell as martin!

never the less the positive is we took a point from a game i would have been delighted with a point from at the start of the game,

Take your point about in our own area but to be honest I thought there was too much hoofing last night as it was. The commitment and effort from our players was top draw, the quality of our football was not. I am hoping that this was a "horses for courses" approach to combat a perceived Newcastle weakness but our ball retention was well below what we are capable of as the players just hoofed it to Jerome at every opportunity.

I don''t want to see us playing like that too often for the rest of this season as much as the commitment was highly admirable and the result was a just about deserved point. We are better than that.

Yeah its good Wes was calmer than most of the crowd (including me ) was. He has a good stumble in him though if anyone tackles him, I''m sure he had it all under control.

He didn''t once lose it after dribbling out. Risky, yes, but Wes'' plan was for us to retain the hall instead of hoofing it upfield only for Newcastle to come back at us. Is this thread just moaning for moaning''s sake?

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 15/02/2017 10:20 AM:

Is this thread just moaning for moaning''s sake?

As if Hoola!!!

He got away with it yesterday.. just. but doesnt always.

yes it is a moan because wes had my nerves all over the place, well entitled to a moan everyone else seems to get away with it. i did follow my post up with how pleased i was with a point if you can read.