Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Tettey

Nice to see him awarded MOTM for his performance last night.

I left the ground thinking it will go to CJ for his all action non stop display but nice to see the non glamorous side to the game getting some well deserved praise.

Thought he was absolutely immense breaking up countless Newcastle attacks in the first half, the man was a rock. If he can keep up that level of performance it makes life for everyone in front of him so much easier.

Lost count how many times I screamed "get in there Tettey" everytime he won it back. Jerome will always get more plaudits for the job he does and even Ruddy can feel hard done by last night but that was a masterclass in how to play DM by Alex 👏🏻

Ruddy made 3 or 4 great saves, I don''t have enough fingers and toes to count how many times Tettey robbed the ball back.

You just don''t notice the ugly side!

Tettey was definitely MOTM no question 😊

Agreed Tettey played his roll well - but Ruddy was at his best tonight, not just his saves, - remember if Mitrovic had scored when one on one that probably would have been game over add to that the quick throw to Wes for the first goal was invaluable in the result ending as it did.

Personally I don''t think he had a very good first half, kept getting in the way of Klose and Martin when they were trying to head the ball clear.

Yes, he was good in the 2nd half, but Ruddy should have been MoM by a country mile.

[quote user="Woodman"]Personally I don''t think he had a very good first half, kept getting in the way of Klose and Martin when they were trying to head the ball clear.

[/quote]

It may have seemed like that but Tettey was clearly told to double up with one of the CBs when Mitrovic was going for a header. That''s how we kept Mitro quiet for most of the game.

Hopefully this is the start of Tettey getting back to his best, because he''s a great player when he''s on it, great performance last night 👍

Tettey is one of our best and most important players and has been back playing well for a few weeks now after not quite reaching his usual standards earlier in the season. If we do manage to make the playoffs there is no doubt that he will have played an important role.

I find the recent attitude of some of our fans towards him baffling but then we also have some fans who think Wes is past it and needs replacing so I have concluded that we all see games differently and there are always going to be viewpoints on some of our players from some fans that I can''t get my head around.

As long as he doesn''t get another 5 bookings which presumably brings a long ban! When is the amnesty point after which he can''t be banned again?

Just checked its 15 yellow before the end of the season = 3 match ban. Lets hope therefore that Tettey can continue with his recent better discipline.

Jim Smith wrote the following post at 15/02/2017 10:04 AM:

Just checked its 15 yellow before the end of the season = 3 match ban. Lets hope therefore that Tettey can continue with his recent better discipline.

He has played on game, last night, since returning from a 2 match ban for 10 yellows. Yes he didn''t get booked last night, but don''t see that as ''recent better discipline'' personally.

I do agree we need him in the team. With the injuries we currently have, we can''t afford to lose players due to bans etc

Jim, I guess we all see things differently, I personally don''t think Tettey has been at his best by his standards, as other people have also noted, and I''ve been impressed with Mulumbu when called upon. However, it''s not a serious criticism as I''m not one to slate players whatsoever when they''re not on form I.e like the treatment Naismith was getting, all players dip in and out which to me is natural, ultimately I think that it''s always best policy to play the players who are ''on it'' at the time - they all wear the yellow and green, and I have no favourites, they''re all my favourites!.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Jim Smith wrote the following post at 15/02/2017 10:04 AM:

He has played on game, last night, since returning from a 2 match ban for 10 yellows. Yes he didn''t get booked last night, but don''t see that as ''recent better discipline'' personally.

I do agree we need him in the team. With the injuries we currently have, we can''t afford to lose players due to bans etc[/quote]

His better discipline was a reference to the fact he had managed to go 4 games prior to that on 9 yellows without getting another at a time when we would have been really stuffed because Mulumbu was away as well. All in all therefore he''s not been booked in 5 of his last 6 games which is an improvement compared to his record in the previous run of games!

Fair comment Jim.

Strange tho, that it appears he can avoid them sometimes, but then picks up some silly ones.

Please forgive me if i''m wrong Alex, but haven''t I been reading that you have been listening to the games, not watching them?

In my opinion Tettey had one of his best games last night. Not MoM for me ...... my choice would be CamJam or Ruddy.

I also thought Tettey was very good last night. Broke up loads of Newcastle stuff and helped out his centrebacks who were clearly unsettled by Mitrovic.

I thought Tetty was absolutely immense last night and fully deserved MOTM with Ruddy also having a superb game.

The guy broke up their play countless times, turned over the possession and got us on the front foot over and over. It says a lot that he totally over shadowed Howson yesterday. He''s not been at his best during our bad run but this was a top, top performance.

It''s such an underrated yet vital position in modern football.

Prime example would be Kante, pretty much won the league for Leicester last year breaking up play and getting them on the counter attack. He leaves, they plummet and look how much better Chelsea are this year with him protecting their back three.