Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Oliveria Injured

The amount of injuries we pick up is completely barmy, AN says 7 senior players were out tonight, really don''t know what to make of it, something not right here.

I wouldn''t be too worried about Nelson''s injury (or Ivo''s for that matter) being the cause for us not getting promoted this season. 3 wins in 14 had put paid to any chance we had of returning to the top flight way before the picked up their knocks.

AN said in his post match press conference about the number of injuries, which prompted me to look. Its quite long: Pinto, Mulumbu, Jarvis, Oliveira, Thompson, Naismith, Dorrans, Turner, Maddison. As he said, 6 or 7 or those would be in and around the first 11 every week.

Hopefully Pinto and Naismith will be back soon.

Real shame we sent Morris out on loan (though it was the right decision) as he could have found himself getting some game time.I don''t think theres anyone in the yoof that looks close to the first team?

A real blow, a lot of weight for Jerome to carry on his own, if he gets an injury too or is completely knackered we are truly up the creek! Should''ve strengthened in this area in the window, as much as I have a little belief still, I think too many mistakes by management have been made and we will stay in the champs this season.

If Jerome gets injured while Oliveira''s out, we''re back to Naismith or Lafferty up front if we play the 4-2-3-1. And for someone who''s 6 foot plus, Lafferty doesn''t win anything in the air.

We can kiss goodbye to a top six finish if this injury proves to be a long term one.Jerome battles well but he''s not in Oliveira''s class and as for Lafferty he''d be OK if we were playing Albania and Lichenstein every week but sadly we''re not.Where we are in the table it was a lot to expect with a fully fit squad.

[quote user="Alex "]We could really do with an international break, is one coming up?[/quote]

not for another 5 and a half weeks - the weekend of March 25th. We have 6 games between now and then: Burton (a), 1p5wich (h), Sheff Wed (a), Bristol City (a), Blackburn (h) and Barnsley (h).