Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Away Form

Had a look at the remaining fixtures and our away games look by far to have the hardest teams. Looks worrying with our seasons away form.Burton AlbionSheffield WednesdayBristol CityAston VillaHuddersfield TownPreston North End Leeds United

Had a look at the remaining fixtures and our away games look by far to have the hardest teams. Looks worrying with our seasons away form.

Burton Albion (win)

Sheffield Wednesday (win)

Bristol City (win)

Aston Villa (win)

Huddersfield Town (draw)

Preston North End (win)

Leeds United (win)

Theres my predictions, doesn''t look to hard? ;-)

I just had a look at some form tables, and away form, over the last 4 games, has us 10th in that table, maybe not as bad as you may think, and a sign of our recent improvement.We are second only to Huddersfield for home form.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Had a look at the remaining fixtures and our away games look by far to have the hardest teams. Looks worrying with our seasons away form.

Burton Albion (win)

Sheffield Wednesday (win)

Bristol City (win)

Aston Villa (win)

Huddersfield Town (draw)

Preston North End (win)

Leeds United (win)

Theres my predictions, doesn''t look to hard? ;-)[/quote]As 75 points gets you in the play offs that means we only need 5 points at home for the rest of the season Lessingham. [;)]

Tilly

As 75 points gets you in the play offs that means we only need 5 points at home for the rest of the season Lessingham.

Jobs a good un !!, can''t really loo further than the next game at the moment, with every team gong to be on the wrong side of injuries, cards leading to suspensions etc But football being as it is, the uncertainty makes for the excitement.

[quote user="KiwiScot"]What was I worrying about. Life is ok after all.[/quote]Haha, no one is saying everything is rosy, but I think we can take heart at some of the battling spirit we have shown in recent games.

morty wrote:

''''I just had a look at some form tables, and away form, over the last 4 games, has us 10th in that table, maybe not as bad as you may think, and a sign of our recent improvement.''''

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unfortunately the last 4 away games are a very narrow range and given the quality of opposition; Wigan, Cardiff, Rotherham, Brentford, I''d say 5 points is pretty poor. That is - If we are to show the form required to catch a play off place.

Perhaps the last 2 results have shown an upturn in away form but, for me, the jury is very much still out and I have concerns whether our away form will pick up enough for us to nick 6th. The away results will be the make or break of our season so lets hope so!

I think that now we are definitely backing ourselves to have a realistic chance of the play offs overall form is all that matters.

14 games split evenly between home and away. Ipswich will be one for the fans but reallistically AN will look at it as just a game. And rightly so.

Of course if we win all our home games, we won''t be far off but I would suggest that if we do manage to do that, our away results will probably be good as well.

Let''s not forget, we have players in the squad who have been here before, some twice, and probably have the bottle and experience to look forward to the challenge.

But so have Reading and Wednesday so I don''t expect them to choke too easily.

Leeds will be under enormous pressure from their fans no doubt and Huddersfield might just get the jitters.

Stats:

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

NCFC last 4 away: W1 D2 L1 Goals for: 4 Goals against: 4

NCFC last 8 away: W1 D2 L5 Goals for: 7 Goals against: 12

So, we''re not great, but better than we have been. I''d love to see a really positive, comprehensive 2-0 or 3-0 win to really give the squad some confidence about our away form.

Burton Albion - Draw

Sheffield Wednesday - Win

Bristol City - Win

Aston Villa - Draw

Huddersfield Town - Loss

Preston North End - Draw

Leeds United - Draw

The one I haven''t predicted us to win are the ones I will probably go too, I have an abysmal away record of about 17 wins in about 100 games, but I have seen us win at Old Trafford and Portman Road twice so every cloud!

IMO there''s no team in this league that''s fantastic. All can obviously play well and it is down to consistency - at this stage of the season a lot of it is down to momentum which can be hindered big-time by injuries and suspensions.

Hopefully we should have Tettey available from now (there doesn''t seem to be another cut-off for yellows other than an appearance before the FA if you get to 20), we just need to get a few of our injuries cleared and steer clear of those stupid sendings-off - those (4 in 6 games, wasn''t it?) certainly didn''t help that poor away run.

We probably need about 10 points from those games listed, may be 12 (max) to make the 75 point target, it doesn''t look too bad, and if we can''t then we probably don''t deserve to be in the play offs.