Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Big Weekend Coming Up...

Heres a stat for you :-In the last 6 games,Norwich are unbeaten.Have scored 15 goals.Have conceded 7 goals.And have won 14 points.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Ah the realism card has been played. My opinion is realistic because it''s mine presumably.

If we gained 5 points on Leeds in the last 6 games what''s a realistic forecast for the next 6?[/quote]So says you who classed posters who don''t believe we will make the play offs as defeatest. Not interested in if and buts just base my opinion on that awful run which has caused us to be playing catch up which should never have been the case in the first place, the goals against column of which only five teams in the division can lay claim to being worse and this obsession with Leeds bricking it in the run in i assume takes into account Fulham being only a couple of points behind us with two games in hand ? I tend to look at the big picture not just what suits any particular agenda.[/quote]" just base my opinion on that awful run"or" I tend to look at the big picture not just what suits any particular agenda."hmmmm

As i said that awful run which of course feel free to describe as something else has caused us to be playing catch up. Pretend it never happened by all means as we are currently in a fair run of form but my view is that any team wishing to be right up there in the top six which for heavens sake we should be only slips up now and again not for three months on the trot.This run we are on is great but for goodness sake should we really be praying for other sides around us to drift away ?

It would seem fairly normal and natural to hope one or more if not all the teams above us will go on appalling runs and we will win every game.

The fact is it is in our own hands, as each of those clubs and Fulham would argue.

The fact is we are where we are because we have less points. It doesn''t matter whether they came in batches of games or not.

We are only as good as we are until kick off against Burton. That is all that matters. Our last six games are now confined to history.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]As i said that awful run which of course feel free to describe as something else has caused us to be playing catch up. Pretend it never happened by all means as we are currently in a fair run of form but my view is that any team wishing to be right up there in the top six which for heavens sake we should be only slips up now and again not for three months on the trot.This run we are on is great but for goodness sake should we really be praying for other sides around us to drift away ?[/quote]The bigger picture I would have thought takes in both that poor run, and our present good run - as will the final table.I''m not sure if anyone is praying for other sides to drift away. The position is entirely in our hands as all four clubs directly above us cannot gain maximum points on the basis that they all have to play each other.In the space of a few weeks we have gained 7 points on Derby, as have Huddersfield on Brighton.There is just under a third of the season to go with 80% of our current points total still to play for.That, I would suggest, is seeing the bigger picture

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Ah the realism card has been played. My opinion is realistic because it''s mine presumably.

If we gained 5 points on Leeds in the last 6 games what''s a realistic forecast for the next 6?[/quote]So says you who classed posters who don''t believe we will make the play offs as defeatest. Not interested in if and buts just base my opinion on that awful run which has caused us to be playing catch up which should never have been the case in the first place, the goals against column of which only five teams in the division can lay claim to being worse and this obsession with Leeds bricking it in the run in i assume takes into account Fulham being only a couple of points behind us with two games in hand ? I tend to look at the big picture not just what suits any particular agenda.[/quote]
But that awful run is included in the if and buts. It''s all ifs and buts. If it wasn''t the table would remain exactly as it is now. It won''t. Whether that will be good or bad for us nobody knows. Which is why I said it was pointless getting all defeatist about it.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]So says you who classed posters who don''t believe we will make the play offs as defeatest. Not interested in if and buts just base my opinion on that awful run which has caused us to be playing catch up which should never have been the case in the first place, the goals against column of which only five teams in the division can lay claim to being worse and this obsession with Leeds bricking it in the run in i assume takes into account Fulham being only a couple of points behind us with two games in hand ? I tend to look at the big picture not just what suits any particular agenda.[/quote]two games in hand, ehperhaps you would do better to look at the smaller picture sometime..... the one with the current league table in it

[quote user="Bulldog Rummin"][quote user="TIL 1010"]So says you who classed posters who don''t believe we will make the play offs as defeatest. Not interested in if and buts just base my opinion on that awful run which has caused us to be playing catch up which should never have been the case in the first place, the goals against column of which only five teams in the division can lay claim to being worse and this obsession with Leeds bricking it in the run in i assume takes into account Fulham being only a couple of points behind us with two games in hand ? I tend to look at the big picture not just what suits any particular agenda.[/quote]two games in hand, ehperhaps you would do better to look at the smaller picture sometime..... the one with the current league table in it

[/quote]One game in hand then but a win would put them above us. A mistake i made listening to 5 Live on the way home last night as they said it was two when discussing Fulhams run of form. Apologies City1st as you are always right.Notice i can do sarcasm as well. [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Bulldog Rummin"][quote user="TIL 1010"]So says you who classed posters who don''t believe we will make the play offs as defeatest. Not interested in if and buts just base my opinion on that awful run which has caused us to be playing catch up which should never have been the case in the first place, the goals against column of which only five teams in the division can lay claim to being worse and this obsession with Leeds bricking it in the run in i assume takes into account Fulham being only a couple of points behind us with two games in hand ? I tend to look at the big picture not just what suits any particular agenda.[/quote]two games in hand, ehperhaps you would do better to look at the smaller picture sometime..... the one with the current league table in it

[/quote]One game in hand then but a win would put them above us. A mistake i made listening to 5 Live on the way home last night as they said it was two when discussing Fulhams run of form. Apologies City1st as you are always right.Notice i can do sarcasm as well. [:P][/quote]No, it just seems that way in comparison to you

How can so many argue over predictions!

It will either be top 6 or not, nothing your opinion on here will change that! Only the players can decide our fate!

Bad run and good recent form all even out and the best two teams go up with the next best 4 playing to gain one place.

It''s a 46 game season and will be decided over that time.

Who cares what you all think, it''s a damn sight better going to games recently then before Christmas, long may it continue.

No one cares if you care Indy[;)]
But this is the place for predictions and opinions. The reality will only be established at the end of the season. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]No one cares if you care Indy[;)]
But this is the place for predictions and opinions. The reality will only be established at the end of the season. 
[/quote]
[Y]
This place kind of loses it''s purpose if we start to debate if our predictions and opinions really matter.
Yes ultimately our opinions are irrelevant but that''s not the point, I actually enjoy constructing a debate and having my narrow views challenged to a more wider balanced point of view.

I think this thread can be summed up with the old chestnut, "if my aunty had balls, she''d be my uncle".

Apples

But that''s my point this weekend has no relevance in the season, its just another weekend!

It''s about where we finish after 46 games, we are the 7th best team in this league on the form guide, it''s not about the last 10 games but about the 32 games we''ve played thus far.

The change comes in the application of our players, it''s easy to see that team on Tuesday gave it all they had and we rightly applauded them off the pitch.

It''s nice to say win lose or draw the players actually wanted it, that''s all we can ask for. Newcastle were the better team and the draw a decent result.

We may well lose this weekend, but if the players apply themselves like they have been great.

[quote user="Indy"]But that''s my point this weekend has no relevance in the season, its just another weekend!

It''s about where we finish after 46 games, we are the 7th best team in this league on the form guide, it''s not about the last 10 games but about the 32 games we''ve played thus far.[/quote]
You say a single game has no relevance but all the games together are relevant...
[img]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/993/875/084.png[/img]

"You say a single game has no relevance but all the games together are relevant..."

I''ll tell you what is a relevant

that animal with big ears and a trunk

Yes Ging, this weekend is just one game, in the grand scheme of the season, it''s not really a Big Weekend, it''s just one game!

Is the Newcastle game two point lost or a point gained? we lose it''s not season over, if we need to beat Leeds or Huddersfield at Wembley for promotion, that''s a big weekend!