Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Big Weekend Coming Up...

We have Burton away. Simply cannot afford to drop more points to teams like that

Newcastle v Villa - ''heavyweight'' media-love-in clash. Villa shocking...

Barnsley v Brighton - Barnsleys form picking up...

Huddersfield v Reading - Postponed due to FA Cup

Forest v Wednesday - who knows what Forest team shows up

**Them** v Leeds - will upset a few, but we need them to win this weekend, more than ever...

It is these kind of games that wins things - in as much is it is here where there is little hype but loads of expectation that we have to grind out wins.Any thing that is not a win from here on in should be seen as lost pointsWith some of the games listed above, and other games where our ''rivals'' play each other it means it is now in our hands as mathematically both teams cannot pick up maximum pointsShame the binners lost their boy wonder for the Leeds game, but they will still be fired up for their ''cup final'' and will see a draw as a victory in that the multi millionaire squad were held on their own patch by plucky little Ipswich. Could Huddersfield become bogged down in the FA cup as did Leeds in 2010 ?Otherwise every weekend is going to be a big one until May.

Too little too late i am afraid City1st because if you are out of form for nearly a quarter of the season you will always be playing catch up and at the moment nobody in the top six is giving a lot away.

Just imagine if Ipswich beat Leeds, & then Leeds lose to Wednesday...

Beating Ipswich would then put us in the playoffs...

Not likely, but can see Leeds not winning either game.

Well, it''s the cliche ... "You''ve got the win your own games" ...so let''s focus on that...

We''ve dropped too many points to be in contention for automatic... we''ll need a solid run to be able to get to the play-offs... A game like the one on saturday will determine if we are gonna be able to put together such a run, because we are expected to win it!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Too little too late i am afraid City1st because if you are out of form for nearly a quarter of the season you will always be playing catch up and at the moment nobody in the top six is giving a lot away.[/quote]They must be giving something away as young master Nigel pointed out otherwise we would not have caught up so much. And as pointed out there are numerous games where the current top six play each other so again they will be giving something away (unless you have still your plod''s head and you think everyone should have 3 points).Neither is it about poor runs either, it is about how many points you amass by the last game and where that puts you in relation to the other teamsWe are on target for that 75 point total which i sugest will see us in the playoffs.And I would thank you to be a little less familiar when addressing me, given how I am a Rummin, one of the well known Norfolk Rummins.

[quote user="Bulldog Rummin"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Too little too late i am afraid City1st because if you are out of form for nearly a quarter of the season you will always be playing catch up and at the moment nobody in the top six is giving a lot away.[/quote]They must be giving something away as young master Nigel pointed out otherwise we would not have caught up so much. [/quote]
Have we caught up that much though? Since losing away to Reading we have W5 D3 L1 impressive yes but simply leads to show that we have moved up from 12th to 7th but the gap has only gone from 7pts to 4pts, 3pts over 9 games not forgetting that Weds and Reading have games in hand and Fulham just behind us have 2 games in hand.
We''ve kept pace and gained a foothold to try and push for the play offs but realistically we are still some distance from them with time running out.

I would hardly say some distanceTime is not running out either - we still have just under a third of the season left and around 80% of the points total we have now still to play for.If we were to achive the same points total over those 9 games in our remaining 14 games it would give us 76 points, which I would suggest is a play off placeA win in either the Wigan or last night''s games would see us on 79 points if the same points total were played out, which suggests that it is not that accurate trying to extrapulate too much from a small number of games.In our last Championship season we picked up 30 points in our last 14 games - that would give us 81 were it to happen again. I would suggest we need 75 points. 7 more wins and three draws.Quite achievable

Such a big game this weekend. Even bigger than Newcastle in a way because the others have tough fixtures and this is a real chance to close the gap.

A few weeks ago we were saying the same thing with the Rotherham away fixture coming up so we absolutely mustn''t let this one slip.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Bulldog Rummin"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Too little too late i am afraid City1st because if you are out of form for nearly a quarter of the season you will always be playing catch up and at the moment nobody in the top six is giving a lot away.[/quote]They must be giving something away as young master Nigel pointed out otherwise we would not have caught up so much. [/quote]
Have we caught up that much though? Since losing away to Reading we have W5 D3 L1 impressive yes but simply leads to show that we have moved up from 12th to 7th but the gap has only gone from 7pts to 4pts, 3pts over 9 games not forgetting that Weds and Reading have games in hand and Fulham just behind us have 2 games in hand.
We''ve kept pace and gained a foothold to try and push for the play offs but realistically we are still some distance from them with time running out.
[/quote]Realists get called defeatest and optimists just see what they want to see.

Heres a stat for you :-In the last 6 games,Norwich are unbeaten.Have scored 15 goals.Have conceded 7 goals.And have won 14 points.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Well, it''s the cliche ... "You''ve got the win your own games" ...so let''s focus on that...

We''ve dropped too many points to be in contention for automatic... we''ll need a solid run to be able to get to the play-offs... A game like the one on saturday will determine if we are gonna be able to put together such a run, because we are expected to win it![/quote]I''m not too sure how you imagine that anything  said or speculated upon on here is going to affect the player''s performance or the results in any single way

Bulldog Rummin wrote the following post at 15/02/2017 12:49 PM:

TIL 1010 wrote:

Too little too late i am afraid City1st because if you are out of form for nearly a quarter of the season you will always be playing catch up and at the moment nobody in the top six is giving a lot away.

They must be giving something away as young master Nigel pointed out otherwise we would not have caught up so much. And as pointed out there are numerous games where the current top six play each other so again they will be giving something away (unless you have still your plod''s head and you think everyone should have 3 points).

Neither is it about poor runs either, it is about how many points you amass by the last game and where that puts you in relation to the other teams

We are on target for that 75 point total which i sugest will see us in the playoffs.

And I would thank you to be a little less familiar when addressing me, given how I am a Rummin, one of the well known Norfolk Rummins.

Agree, we can''t look at this game by game, have to see the bigger picture. Our season will he decided by our away form against the top 6 imo, I have seen plenty to encourage me that we we have both the determination and the ability to beat these sides and I''m feeling optimistic about top 6.

Somebody will also slip up Tilly, they always do.

There are 13 games where those above us play each other and quite a few more where those play Preston, Derby, Fulham and Barnsley so certain point to be dropped.Just as we stumbled at Wigan Brighton were held at home by the binners. Who would have given Cardiff six points at Leeds and Derby ?And Derby seemingly farken it up again with only one point from the last 9 and conceding 8 goals. Before their last thre games they were 3 points ahead of us. Playing our game in hand (one point) we have made up seven points on them.Even after our next three games which include Sheff Weds it will still be wide open, unless it is three straight losses, as a couple of wins here and a couple of losses elsewhere and much is changed.Remember, we only have to finish in 6th place if a play off place is all we can get.

[quote user="Bulldog Rummin"]...it would give us 76 points, which I would suggest is a play off place......I would suggest we need 75 points...[/quote]
Based on what though? This season looks like all the top 6 are going to hit 80+ points.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Bulldog Rummin"]...it would give us 76 points, which I would suggest is a play off place......I would suggest we need 75 points...[/quote]
Based on what though? This season looks like all the top 6 are going to hit 80+ points.
[/quote]a) on an average of previous seasonsb) it looks like, which is based on points at this stage, whereas at the turn of the year 6th place ''looks like'' 76 points4 games ago 6th place ''looks like 75 pointsthe less games left the more a game of two can distort those projections

totally agreethe points gapthe attendances gapand the financial gapbetween City and your grubby little club

Gordon Bennett wrote the following post at 15/02/2017 4:52 PM:

Why on earth anyone would give up on something while it is still mathematically possible is beyond me.

Totally agree Gordon, that''s always got to be the target, hasn''t it? To do the best you can, aim high.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]The gap will be even bigger after this weekend.[/quote]We remember the last time you lot were crowing about "the gap" Keith........http://www.london-gifts.co.uk/image_products/normal/BLTM5.jpg[:D]

just keep winning as many as we can and see where we finishin the meantime the endless speculation and number crunching does help to fill in the time between gamesand also glad to still be in the chase

Keith Scott wrote the following post at 15/02/2017 5:32 PM:

The gap will be even bigger after this weekend.

Come on Keith let''s do some bonding here my boy. There are many that think you are filthy scum, I don''t necessarily subscribe to that, so if you are a genuine City fan, what pleasure do you get from supporting your team?

Ah the realism card has been played. My opinion is realistic because it''s mine presumably.

If we gained 5 points on Leeds in the last 6 games what''s a realistic forecast for the next 6?

lies, damned lies, and statistics.

As has been said, this speculation fills in the gaps.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Ah the realism card has been played. My opinion is realistic because it''s mine presumably.

If we gained 5 points on Leeds in the last 6 games what''s a realistic forecast for the next 6?[/quote]So says you who classed posters who don''t believe we will make the play offs as defeatest. Not interested in if and buts just base my opinion on that awful run which has caused us to be playing catch up which should never have been the case in the first place, the goals against column of which only five teams in the division can lay claim to being worse and this obsession with Leeds bricking it in the run in i assume takes into account Fulham being only a couple of points behind us with two games in hand ? I tend to look at the big picture not just what suits any particular agenda.