Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Lucky it's only Burton Albion up next...

So Burton home kit is yellow shirt and black shorts, which I assume rules out the home and away kit (yellow or black) meaning the third kit will be used, anyone got win stats for that kit [;)]

Bulldog Rummin wrote the following post at 16/02/2017 1:38 PM:

What happened ?

You, plod and mortimer were having a bit of a barney when I left

did it escalate ?

Reading between the lines I suspect that our man from Dock Green ran to his Guvvner when it became obvious that he had falsified his statement. Hearsay of course and nothing I witnessed.

3rd kit win stats: 100% win rate (no Ginja)

0% (Ginja in attendance)

Any delays getting to the ground on Saturday Ginja, take it as a sign. Don''t forget it''s a late KO (17:30).

[quote user="peter-plastic"]3rd kit win stats: 100% win rate (no Ginja)

0% (Ginja in attendance)

Any delays getting to the ground on Saturday Ginja, take it as a sign. Don''t forget it''s a late KO (17:30).[/quote]
I always triple check the KO times now [;)]

[quote user="Bulldog Rummin"]What happened ?You, plod and mortimer were having a bit of a barney when I leftdid it escalate ?[/quote]Correct. If it happens again they''re gone.

Is that not two yellows in a week for some SDP?

Surely a red?

Glad I wasn''t involved in that one, but there is a theme here!

Burton seem to be a low-scoring, low conceding team, so the question is whether our weakened team can score and how many goals we may gift.

I''m going for 1-0 to us.

An 8-nil win for us.

Whitts to score 4, Laffs to score a hat-trick, and Ruddy getting the last goal with his only kick of the game in the 89th minute, with a penalty which goes in but only after the ball hits both posts first.

And Alex Neil to be sent to the stands where on arrival, he punches Ed Balls for his repetitive "keep mincing" dance routine. AN is banished to the stands after he blinds the linesman by kicking the cold water bucket and sponge because Cam Jam blazes wide from 3 yards out.

Coral just gave me odds of 56150 to 1 for this prediction.

[quote user="Ginja"]You would think this should be nailed on win for us, but I had the same feeling when I went to Rotherham....
Recent form suggests that we can and should win so I''m going for Burton 1 - 3 Norwich.
However I''ve seen us Win 1 Draw 1 and Lose 5 so I could very well be a bad omen for us.
[/quote]You did know the match has been put back to Sunday ? [;)]

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Anyone been to Burton before ? I''m in the standing area but the ticket has Row- G/A Seat G/A on it.[/quote]My terrace ticket has the same. Maybe G/A means '' General Admission '' ?Went there in 2006 to see Posh in an FA Cup replay. Can''t remember a thing about it other than Posh lost 1-0 to what was then a non-League team.

[quote user="Bulldog Rummin"]The point being made in the original thread was not one of dismissing Burton but stating that with the injuries with have and following a gruelling game against Newcastle it is perhaps fortunate that we are playing Burton on this weekend - as opposed to one of the teams above us.I also added that we have no midweek games after Burton or after the binners, which similarly should give us a bit of much needed breathing space. Maybe see Naismith, Pinto and Mulumbo given a chance to shrug of injuries.We have to play every team twice, and of course there is no certainty of a result either simply on the basis of our opponents league position - - however I would suggest is that this fixture MIGHT be a little easier than being away to one of those above us, that''s allNote, might be easier.... NOT easy.[/quote]Well apart from the away games at Bristol City, Huddersfield and to stretch a point PNE on Easter Monday, no we don''t.[:^)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]Looks like I missed all the fun[:D]Oh, and on topic, 1 nil Nodge.[/quote]Same here. I''m buying a self-cleaning car next time.2-0 Norwich. If we don''t win we may as well forget any hope of the Play-Offs.[/quote]Yeah I was washing mine too, seeing as it was such a nice day!Oh yeah, and 1-nil Nodge.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="SwindonCanary"]Anyone been to Burton before ? I''m in the standing area but the ticket has Row- G/A Seat G/A on it.[/quote]My terrace ticket has the same. Maybe G/A means '' General Admission '' ?Went there in 2006 to see Posh in an FA Cup replay. Can''t remember a thing about it other than Posh lost 1-0 to what was then a non-League team.[/quote]Our terrace tickets also have Row G/A Seat G/A on them.