Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Lucky it's only Burton Albion up next...

The previous thread appears to have been consigned to the dustbin of history, which is clearly a shame as it was just getting interesting...

So, Burton Albion. Predictions?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Why was it removed?[/quote]I think someone was stirring up nonsense, and when it backfired on him, the button was pressed!Anyhoo, back on topic, I think we''ll win, we have a real momentum just now, we just need a bit of luck with the injuries healing this week.Hoping to, at least see Pinto back.I''ll go for one nil to us.

A typical potential banana skin away from home either side of two huge games. They''re scrapping for their lives and if we let the energy levels sink a little if the players are tired from Tuesday or focusing too much on Sunday I can see another Rotherham away type scenario. Going to be a really tough test imo.

Would be happy enough with a draw and no injuries/cards.

These are the games we not only need to win, but need to improve our goal difference on, if we are to acheive top two!! ;-)

VanWink wrote the following post at 16/02/2017 11:24 AM:

Expecting a comfortable win.👍

Agreed, shouldn''t be a problem, but who knows with this team??

You would think this should be nailed on win for us, but I had the same feeling when I went to Rotherham....
Recent form suggests that we can and should win so I''m going for Burton 1 - 3 Norwich.
However I''ve seen us Win 1 Draw 1 and Lose 5 so I could very well be a bad omen for us.

Who keeps hitting the report button? I can''t see anything offensive other than a few blokes having squabbles. Maybe the reporter isn''t cut out for Internet forums.

As for the game, I honestly think it could go anyway. We''ve had some awful results on the road lately but seem to be turning it around with four points from the last six. I''ll be an optimist and say 2-1 City.

As per my post on the Away form thread:

NCFC last 4 away: W1 D2 L1 Goals for: 4 Goals against: 4

NCFC last 8 away: W1 D2 L5 Goals for: 7 Goals against: 12

So, we''re not great, but better than we have been. I''d love to see a really positive, comprehensive 2-0 or 3-0 win to really give the squad some confidence about our away form.

Has to be a win. Draws to Burton are not promotion winning results.

But if we are to reach the playoffs/ top two, we need to be dispatching of these teams.

The fact we are discussing it is indicative of our season/performances to date.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"] only Burton ? They have beaten Derby, Wolves and Birmingham at home this season, not to be taken lightly.[/quote]And I''m sure we won''t. The point was raised in the context of the fact that, on paper, this is our easiest away game that we have left. And also the fact that our recent form has improved massively, compared to where we were ten games ago.Coming back from going a goal down in the first minute, to the league leaders should be instilling confidence that we are up for the fight, both in the team, and the fans.

Good litmus test this one and should tell us a lot about our real chances.

Our previous away form has been a bit of an Achilles Heal and it needs to continue improving if we want to haul back the top six.

A win here and I''ll feel we are on our way but anything less and it''s still going to be tough ask bearing in mind we have much harder challenges on the horizon.

it wont be an easy game but from where we are now it is in the must win category. A comprehensive victory doenst matter, 3pts does, and we have recently seen v Rotherham and wigan just how hard it is to get that win at the lower placed stadiums.

As well as away form being a concern we have to contend with the fact that we have yet to win a game without Pinto starting (3 points from 27 possible so far) and we have a woeful total of just 3 from 30 points from the current top 10 sides. Whom we have to face 8 of them in our last 14 games. We have to change all of these trends fast.

We are in good form and we passed a test with the performance v toon. But we will make it increasingly hard for ourselves if we dont get a win on Sat.

The point being made in the original thread was not one of dismissing Burton but stating that with the injuries with have and following a gruelling game against Newcastle it is perhaps fortunate that we are playing Burton on this weekend - as opposed to one of the teams above us.I also added that we have no midweek games after Burton or after the binners, which similarly should give us a bit of much needed breathing space. Maybe see Naismith, Pinto and Mulumbo given a chance to shrug of injuries.We have to play every team twice, and of course there is no certainty of a result either simply on the basis of our opponents league position - - however I would suggest is that this fixture MIGHT be a little easier than being away to one of those above us, that''s allNote, might be easier.... NOT easy.

Bulldog Rummin wrote the following post at 16/02/2017 1:13 PM:

The point being made in the original thread was not one of dismissing Burton but stating that with the injuries with have and following a gruelling game against Newcastle it is perhaps fortunate that we are playing Burton on this weekend - as opposed to one of the teams above us.

I also added that we have no midweek games after Burton or after the binners, which similarly should give us a bit of much needed breathing space. Maybe see Naismith, Pinto and Mulumbo given a chance to shrug of injuries.

We have to play every team twice, and of course there is no certainty of a result either simply on the basis of our opponents league position - - however I would suggest is that this fixture MIGHT be a little easier than being away to one of those above us, that''s all

Note, might be easier.... NOT easy.

Absolutely.

Shame the other thread disappeared, everything was quite clear on there.

What happened ?You, plod and mortimer were having a bit of a barney when I leftdid it escalate ?

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Anyone been to Burton before ? I''m in the standing area but the ticket has Row- G/A Seat G/A on it.[/quote]Google for pics of the ground and check their website for seating positions ... usually will give you an ideaenjoy (as with other Canarys) as it''s likely that Burton won''t be on the itinary again for a while

So the wee Scot has reduced us to doubting our chances against a non-league side of a few years ago.

All the millions he has spent and it comes to this.

Get rid!!!

Bulldog Rummin wrote the following post at 16/02/2017 1:38 PM:

What happened ?

You, plod and mortimer were having a bit of a barney when I left

did it escalate ?

And I thought it was only me that disagreed with Morty.

Bit of theme developing here, don''t you think?