Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Mark Clattenburg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38993655

Quitting the Prem and taking up a job in Saudia Arabia.

For me, good riddance out of our game. His ego is overwhelming on the pitch.

The problem is he is probably our only decent ref we have left now...

He used to be a knob, he still is up his own a#se, but at least hes a decent ref

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/battenburg_cake_60878_16x9_zpshvwer7be.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/battenburg_cake_60878_16x9_zpshvwer7be.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

In trying to hide his physical flaws he seems to have accentuated them in a way that now I only see a receding teenage haircut and fake tan when looking at him. I find Mike Dean and Simon Hooper easier to look at. I reckon it really doesn''t help his popularity.

Good referee but obviously a pillock and always seemed happy to twist the knife into us.

Glad he''s gone. But unfortunately this won''t be permanent. He''ll be re hired in 3-5 years time and the FA will be treating it like a coup

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]The problem is he is probably our only decent ref we have left now...

He used to be a knob, he still is up his own a#se, but at least hes a decent ref[/quote]
Since when?
He''s an attention seeking d1ck and can''t ref a big game without giving a dodgy penalty or controversial decision to ensure the limelight falls squarely on him. Sh1t ref and a bellend too. Well rid of him.

Very rarely have I seen him have a consistently good game ie go unnoticed (though often because he simply loves he attention), so can''t agree he''s a decent ref and most definitely not best that''s left.

Ok replace better with least worst...

So who is the best?

Mike Dean? A referee so caught up in himself he celebrated his own decision like he had scored a 95th minute winner

Michael Oliver? Rabbit in headlights

Jon Moss? Like nothing better than puffing out his chest on live TV

The current crop of refs are all about the limelight, they would happily make a bad decision if it meant they were being spoke about. The problem we have is that Championship refs are even worse - they are championship refs because they aren''t good enough for the Premier League

At the start of the season the talk was about Mark Clattenburg going to China, now the Saudi Arabia''s have come calling, the money must have been good !