Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Chris Goreham the voice of the fans ?

He asked the type of questions that were not the norm from Radio Norfolk interviewers,  so much so that Worthy was startled and  his cool face-the-public mask slipped down somewhat.

We now have a little insight of what Worthy is like behind the scenes heh ? 

Well done Mr.Goreham, please keep it up mate ! 

[quote]He asked the type of questions that were not the norm from Radio Norfolk interviewers, so much so that Worthy was startled and his cool face-the-public mask slipped down somewhat. We now have a l...[/quote]

Well said. I thought Chris Goreham should have pressed Worthy further on the not bothered comments !

A little bit of probing never hurt anyone, oh err

I absolutley agree with your sentiment Jim. However, I suspect Chris Goreham will not last long in that particular job by asking such questions. Local writers/commentators are usually required to be nice/supportive to the club and management rather than get in their face with direct questions. A little harsh, perhaps, but that''s been my experience in different parts of the world. I was just looking up Chris''s background on the internet before responding here and I see he is a Norfolk boy and a supporter of Norwich City of long standing. Perhaps that is the conflict that caused him to ask such direct questions.

On another thread we had someone accusing Chris of asking half-witted questions. One equally might ask, if the questions were of that ilk, what kind of a half-wit would respond to them?  

[quote]Being an exile in the last couple of years, I have been campaigning for Chris to replace Roy. He is by far and away better at the job. Sorry Roy[/quote]

I disagree. Credit to Goreham for posing some difficult questions to the manager for once, i''ts been long overdue, but his commentaries are bland, boring and there''s nothing worse than listening to a statto rambling faster than most of us can think. That''s my opinion anyway, hope Roy makes a return to the airwaves soon.

I do like Roy the Boy, but his questions to Nige are never much more than an opportunity for a positive sound-bite. So it was nice to hear Gorham ask a tough question which obviously caught Worthington by surprise.

[quote]I disagree. Credit to Goreham for posing some difficult questions to the manager for once, i''ts been long overdue, but his commentaries are bland, boring and there''s nothing worse than listening to a ...[/quote]

Each to their own Alex.  I have to say though I find Chris Goreham by far and away a better commentator.  You actually get to here what is happening; he describes the build up well, mentions each players name.  With Roy I find he seems to say things like "Oh and he''s put the cross in and he''s knocked it clear but only onto the attackers head!"  WHAT? WHO? I seem to be shouting at the radio less when Chris commentates.  Also, Chris doesn''t feel the need to mention the temperature every 5 minutes and what his cup of tea at half time was like!