Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Team for Burton (a)

Haven''t seen a thread for this yet, and after a physical and energy sapping couple of games, we don''t know who''s out this weekend, so....

Ruddy

Pinto (if fit?), Martin, Klose, Dijks

Tettey Howson

Jacob Wes Wildschut

Jerome

Would prefer Naismith to Jacob,

Yes that team looks possible.but I do think Pritchard and Wes will start this one.

Oh, and a hard fought draw could be the outcome. Burton are fighting for their lives whilst we are fighting to get closer to the top 6.

It does appear that Wildschut hasn''t made the impact we hoped for and I don''t believe there is any point playing him for the sake of it.

I''ve gone with Wildschut to provide a bit of physicality. Burton are likely to do what Barnsley did and look to over power us, but with him and Dijks in place, we''re a lot stronger.

I''m thinking / hoping this Wildschutt thing is just the fact that when we bought him he was literally just back from a hamstring injury, and that he is still rebuilding his full match fitness.

It wasn''t a severe injury he''s coming back from though. He hasn''t looked unfit so far. He probably just needs a bit more time to fit in.

[quote user="king canary"]It wasn''t a severe injury he''s coming back from though. He hasn''t looked unfit so far. He probably just needs a bit more time to fit in.[/quote]Yeah a combination of that too.Pretty sure I saw someone yesterday proclaiming him a dud though lol.

This is gonna be a tough, fysical game so I would start Wildschut and maybe change things in the course of the game if needed...

It''s going to show us if we are really up for it! After the midweek game against Toon , there will be some tired leggs and Burton had a week to prepare. First goal is crucial imo

Wildschut hasnt done enough to start for me but would hopefully be a good impact sub as he gets himself up to speed with fitness and whats expected from him.

Only decision (other than whether Ivo is fit enough or whits continues) is who plays behind jerome. Pritchard, Wes and ?, probably jacob.

Hopefully the graft continues and gets us the win. I would like to see our passing improve, it has been poor and hurried recently.

You chaps have seen him "in the flesh" so to speak.

Is he physical? He looks like a middleweight boxer so does he use that size to intimidate?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]You chaps have seen him "in the flesh" so to speak.

Is he physical? He looks like a middleweight boxer so does he use that size to intimidate?[/quote]His game seems more about his pace, but I should imagine that once he gets up a head of steam, he''s pretty difficult to knock off the ball.

Wouldn''t have any real concerns about Whittaker playing again, he did ok on Saturday and was very close to getting a goal. He does like comming in from wide positions and having a crack from the edge of the box.

I hope we don''t see Jacob and Josh on at the same time, unless we have a few goals lead, particularly away from home. Both have great qualities but also the same weaknesses.

Hope Naismith is fit.

What''s happened to Jarvis, he played u23 a few weeks ago but haven''t seen or heard much about him recently?

Why are there all these doubts and excuses surrounding Windshutt?

We are led to believe he was a £7m acquisition give or take a few bob (the expert will pounce now.) If he is not an automatic starter then this is not the Norwich City I have always known, or want to know.

Seems a bit wasteful. However much he cost it cannot have been cheap in respect of our sell to buy set-up.

Neil will turn us into Ipswich Town-like paupers.

His form so far is certainly a concern, presumably AN was happy with his fitness or he wouldn''t have started him.

News from the presser :-

Confirmed Nelson out for 4-6 weeks.

Doesn''t look like any of injured lads will be back, also a doubt about a few others from Tuesday.

James Maddison will be in the squad.

Apart from Maddison, not a lot of good news there.

Good to see Maddison travelling, and no real surprise that we may not see any of the injured lads.

Additional injuries is a concern, as long as its not Jerome.

making 5 from two 2s i wonder if wildschut will be one of the absentees.

[quote user="morty"]

News from the presser :-

Confirmed Nelson out for 4-6 weeks.

Doesn''t look like any of injured lads will be back, also a doubt about a few others from Tuesday.

James Maddison will be in the squad.

Apart from Maddison, not a lot of good news there.

[/quote]
That is very depressing to say the least, personally I don''t recall a season this bad for injuries, every game we seem to be counting the walking wounded, I suppose these are the margins that promotion is won and lost on. Hopefully a weeks rest will get the squad back on it''s feet.
Playing devils advocate though there is no reason that we should lose tomorrow we have more than enough quality in the squad to beat the likes of Burton, if we lose tomorrow injuries really can''t be an excuse.

Paddt Davitt''s tweet says no Pinto, Naismith or Mulumbu - who would be the ''ones who missed Tuesday'' I assume.

Concerned who the other ''one or two'' are: especially if one of them is Dijks or Jerome.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]@Morty

Did that include Naismith ? early indications were he might be ready.[/quote]Alex didn''t name names.

[quote user="Woodman"]Paddt Davitt''s tweet says no Pinto, Naismith or Mulumbu - who would be the ''ones who missed Tuesday'' I assume.

Concerned who the other ''one or two'' are: especially if one of them is Dijks or Jerome.[/quote]If its Jerome we may as well pack up and go home now.

Okay based on that information my team for tomorrow then...
                        Ruddy
   Whittaker  Martin  Klose  Dijks
                Howson  Tettey
     Murphy  Pritchard  Wildschut
                     Jerome

[quote user="Ginja"]Okay based on that information my team for tomorrow then...
                        Ruddy
                Howson  Tettey
                     Jerome
[/quote]I would be happy with that, and it should be more than good enough?Assume Jacob Murphy?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Woodman"]Paddt Davitt''s tweet says no Pinto, Naismith or Mulumbu - who would be the ''ones who missed Tuesday'' I assume.

Concerned who the other ''one or two'' are: especially if one of them is Dijks or Jerome.[/quote]If its Jerome we may as well pack up and go home now.[/quote]
AN said he and Wes was running on empty on Tues, throwing up at half time, Lafferty to start tomorrow? god f*cking help us...

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Woodman"]Paddt Davitt''s tweet says no Pinto, Naismith or Mulumbu - who would be the ''ones who missed Tuesday'' I assume.

Concerned who the other ''one or two'' are: especially if one of them is Dijks or Jerome.[/quote]If its Jerome we may as well pack up and go home now.[/quote]
AN said he and Wes was running on empty on Tues, throwing up at half time, Lafferty to start tomorrow? god f*cking help us...
[/quote]I reckon regardless he would be saving Wes for the derby.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ginja"]Okay based on that information my team for tomorrow then...
                        Ruddy
                Howson  Tettey
                     Jerome
[/quote]I would be happy with that, and it should be more than good enough?Assume Jacob Murphy?[/quote]
Yeah he scored on Tues, performed well.

Really disappointing presser.

Thanks for posting it up so quickly Mort.👍

Hope all the details are accurate.😉