Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Lafferty

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Disagree Bethnal, he was not being asked to put in a 90 minute shift, he was being asked to put in a 14 minute shift, not beyond the realms of professional sportsman. I think I would have had more of an impact in those 14 minutes and I am a 54 year old asthmatic with dodgy knees......[/quote]a shift ?I don''t swallow all the old bollox about ''match fit either, it is his job as well as the clubs to keep himself fit and as above 14 mins should not be beyond him ..... it certainly isn''t for international gameslast night was NOT about lack of fitness, it was about lack of commitment

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I thought there might be two or three who tried to defend him, seems his fans are dwindling[/quote]I like to hope that the few that were still doing it, I assume ironically, have realised the game is up!

Can''t disagree with any of the above, i hoped he''d seize his chance but even the City biased Radio Norfolk commentary conveyed pretty well that he was not on it at all.

I hope someone in the Club confronts him about this, as we are going to need him to put in a proper shift untill Oli is back. I accept that he is, as a player , limited. I cannot accept lack of effort.

His international manager said he was a nightmare to deal with and that''s only a few times a year. He''s been shunted from club to club because his attitude is lacking. His behaviour on twitter stinks if someone being paid a lot of money and laughing about it.

Complete waste of space embarrassing to see him attempt to head the ball . Runs around like a headless chicken .

Fact remains, sad as it might be, if Jerome gets injured and on the assumption Naismith is still not fit (not that I believe he can truly lead the line like Jerome and Oliveira anyway) Lafferty is our only option unless I am missing something?

Morris hasn''t played for Rotherham yet I believe. I''d recall him and play him instead of Lafferty. In reality he probably wouldn''t be any better, he''d work harder but probably miss more chances and passes but it''ll improve him as a player and the crowd will forgive mistakes and poor performances.

It won''t happen of course and getting him a loan to Rotherham was really good business by the club in the first place but it''s a shame the timing worked out badly.

If Lafferty will still just as poor as he is now but worked his socks off and chased everything down when given a chance I''d have no problem supporting him for the rest of the season.

However, as has been said by other posters the only reason he''s still here is his big contract. If he was interested in being a footballer he''d have dropped his wage demands and moved to a top league 1 club to re launch his career.

Complete waste of space at the moment. I''d even be tempted to play Josh up front instead of him after what I saw the last two times he''s come on.

If Jerome got injured today then yes he would be our only hope, unless AN went for josh or jacob up top as atleast theyed put in a shift and with Pritchard and Hoolahan in behind they could cause havoc getting into through balls, especially against Burton and the Neanderthals next Sunday.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Disagree Bethnal, he was not being asked to put in a 90 minute shift, he was being asked to put in a 14 minute shift, not beyond the realms of professional sportsman. I think I would have had more of an impact in those 14 minutes and I am a 54 year old asthmatic with dodgy knees......[/quote]You obviously didn''t see Nelson when he came on in the away game at Newcastle.  He didn''t even look League Two standard!

[quote user="nat_canaries"]If Jerome got injured today then yes he would be our only hope, unless AN went for josh or jacob up top as atleast theyed put in a shift and with Pritchard and Hoolahan in behind they could cause havoc getting into through balls, especially against Burton and the Neanderthals next Sunday.[/quote]AN seems averse to playing a ''small'' lone striker.  Other clubs don''t seem to have a problem with it.  Personally I think it could work quite well.What other youngsters are there?  We could always do a Rob Newman.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Disagree Bethnal, he was not being asked to put in a 90 minute shift, he was being asked to put in a 14 minute shift, not beyond the realms of professional sportsman. I think I would have had more of an impact in those 14 minutes and I am a 54 year old asthmatic with dodgy knees......[/quote]You obviously didn''t see Nelson when he came on in the away game at Newcastle.  He didn''t even look League Two standard![/quote]How is that even a point?Nelson has proved to be a great signing, Lafferty has proved, over two years to be an awful one.Are you saying, given enough time, Lafferty will come good?

It''s 2050. Kyle Lafferty is still sitting on the bench. Norwich manager Alex Neil Jr doesn''t rate him. A new generation of Norwich fans are of the opinion "Why hint ee bin giving a chance, Neyull?"

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I thought there might be two or three who tried to defend him, seems his fans are dwindling[/quote]We bought him, we gave him the contract and we''ve never played a formation that suits him.AN made it clear right from the start that he didn''t rate him so he''s really had no incentive to perform.Can''t blame him for hanging on to the end of his contract and getting his high wages for as long as possible because when he does get a chance, for 5 minutes once in a blue moon, he''s hardly likely to run his ar*e off only to be rejected again next week.It''s all of the Club''s own making and nothing to do with the player.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]So it''s Norwich''s fault that''s he''s a poor footballer? Right. Oliveria and Jerome are better strikers - that''s why they''re picked ahead of Lafferty[/quote]Yes it is Norwich''s fault because they bought him.  If he is such a poor footballer then why did we buy him?Shouldn''t we have been aware of the risk beforehand?And why did we agree to give him such a long contract and pay him so much money so that''s he''s not prepared to go anywhere else for less.You can''t blame him.Not saying he''s as good as Jerome or Oliveira but when one of those isn''t available then he''s basically all we''ve got and it''s totally the Clubs fault that we''re in that position - they alone created the situation.Not matter what job you do if you feel you''re not welcome then you don''t put yourself out no matter how much you get paid.

I''ve certainly seen us sign worse strikers in recent years...

David Mooney, Chris Brown, Strihavka, John Hartson, Carl Cort, Sibierski, Peter Thorne, Lupoli, Goran Maric, Wilbraham, Becchio, Oli Johnson, Elmander, Alan Lee, RVW?

It seems some people love to hate Lafferty, or even just the modern day footballer in general. You can''t put the blame on players for the money they earn.

Alex Neil has told us on a several occasions he couldn''t let Lafferty leave until we signed another striker...

If you want to discuss money grabbing bast*rds I suggest looking at Micheal Turner or Tony Andreu.