Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Lafferty

Complete waste of space when he came on tonight. Won feck all and hardly chased down. Compared to Jerome''s outstanding, and bear perfect lone striker performance, was absolutely useless.

With Nelson out for a few weeks, we''d better pray Cam Jam doesn''t get injured or suspended. How anyone can rate Kyle Lafferty is completely beyond me.

💩💩💩💩💩

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Complete waste of space when he came on tonight. Won feck all and hardly chased down. Compared to Jerome''s outstanding, and bear perfect lone striker performance, was absolutely useless.

With Nelson out for a few weeks, we''d better pray Cam Jam doesn''t get injured or suspended. How anyone can rate Kyle Lafferty is completely beyond me.

💩💩💩💩💩[/quote]
A man clearly looking to just run down his high value contract, can''t wait to get rid of the useless tosser.

I''ve been of the opinion that whilst Lafferty hasn''t had loads of opportunities, he''s not an awful striker, just massively overrated because he''s scored a few goals at international level against postmen and accountants.

However when he came on tonight, compared to Jerome it looked like he was playing a different game (Sunday league probably). League One or Two at best.

Hopefully the embarrassing cult of Lafferty (why hint he bin givun a chance Neyul) will open their eyes to this awful footballer.

Lafferty still is an odd one.

Firstly, it baffles me that he is still here - there can be no truer reflection of how we have under-invested in this area of the squad. Four transfer windows have gone (correct me if I''m wrong) and he is only still here because we have been unable to sign anyone else.

Secondly the number of people calling for him to play more over the seasons. I''m all for supporting him - and would love to see him score a hat-full - but it is clear to see that he is a limited player, whose domestic goal scoring record is average at best.

[quote user="Yellow and Green"]Lafferty still is an odd one.

Firstly, it baffles me that he is still here - there can be no truer reflection of how we have under-invested in this area of the squad. Four transfer windows have gone (correct me if I''m wrong) and he is only still here because we have been unable to sign anyone else.

Secondly the number of people calling for him to play more over the seasons. I''m all for supporting him - and would love to see him score a hat-full - but it is clear to see that he is a limited player, whose domestic goal scoring record is average at best.[/quote]
I think he''s still here because nobody wants him at the wages he''s currently on, if Torquay were to offer a pack of crisps for him I''m sure we''d accept but while he''s on a good contract here he''s never going to agree personal terms.

[quote user="Aberdeen_Canary"]Sadly if Nelson is out for 4-6 weeks he is the only real back up we have for Cameron Jerome ..........

Can we bring Carlton Morris back from loan?[/quote]I''m sure the answer is no on Morris. Is Naismith a better option (once he''s fit)?

Naismith will run in the channels, but isn''t the same type of target man that Jerome or Oliveira is. I just hope it doesn''t get to that.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Yellow and Green"]Lafferty still is an odd one.

Secondly the number of people calling for him to play more over the seasons. I''m all for supporting him - and would love to see him score a hat-full - but it is clear to see that he is a limited player, whose domestic goal scoring record is average at best.[/quote]
I think he''s still here because nobody wants him at the wages he''s currently on, if Torquay were to offer a pack of crisps for him I''m sure we''d accept but while he''s on a good contract here he''s never going to agree personal terms.
[/quote]Its quite sickening to watch, as we all know him lining his pocket is the prime driver here. If it was about actually playing football, he''d have left long ago.

In fairness to Lafferty he''s barely had a kick of a ball in months and must be a way off match fitness.

It''s hard to get chucked into a game like the one last night and get up to speed quickly - especially when you have barely played.

Doesn''t mean I don''t still think he is a bit rubbish - but last night would have been tough for most players.

Whilst I don''t like the blokes attitude, why would you agree to do the same job for another team for less money?

Yes it''s about getting out and playing etc, but he must train, and be fit etc, if not he wouldn''t be on the bench like last night, when required.

In previous games when he has come on he has looked up for it, even if only to prove a point, last night he did look off the pace, but we were being bombarded in the 2nd half.

I''m sure there have been a couple of windows where Alex Neil said essentially ''There are a couple of interested clubs but we won''t be letting him go until we have somebody else in''.

Certainly now it''s a case of ''We can''t get rid if nobody wants to buy''.

When does his contract expire?

I lost count of how many headers he went for, and was more interested in the defender than the ball, i''m sure he is physically fit, but he is a million miles off being to the match fit / standard needed. imo

[quote user="Yellow and Green"]I''m sure there have been a couple of windows where Alex Neil said essentially ''There are a couple of interested clubs but we won''t be letting him go until we have somebody else in''.

Certainly now it''s a case of ''We can''t get rid if nobody wants to buy''.

When does his contract expire?[/quote]End of this season. There is an option for a further year. I doubt we''ll be taking it up.

Disagree Bethnal, he was not being asked to put in a 90 minute shift, he was being asked to put in a 14 minute shift, not beyond the realms of professional sportsman. I think I would have had more of an impact in those 14 minutes and I am a 54 year old asthmatic with dodgy knees......

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]In fairness to Lafferty he''s barely had a kick of a ball in months and must be a way off match fitness.

It''s hard to get chucked into a game like the one last night and get up to speed quickly - especially when you have barely played.

Doesn''t mean I don''t still think he is a bit rubbish - but last night would have been tough for most players.[/quote]What absolute nonsense !Hardly kicked a ball ? Do the players not play games in training ?  Has he not played for other City teams ?Last night was not about looking ''rusty'', it was about him not looking interested. Here was a chance for him to burst a gut and prove the commitment he has to being a professional footballer. He will pick up any bonuses that City players gain from playoff place, final, promotion etc so he should look like he wants to earn it.What has been noticable about the squad in the past few weeks has been their absolute commitment... Lafferty was a direct opposite of that.

When he has come on in previous matches he has looked up for it, and even weighed in with some goals, did look totally disinterested last night.

Imagine the scenes if we/he did score.

I can''t believe any player can be disinterested when they come on as a sub. But Lafferty and Jerome play in a completely different way; Jerome is all about the running and hassling of defenders, winning headers and generally being a nuisance for defenders, which resulted in both of our goals last night.

[quote user="Woodman"]I can''t believe any player can be disinterested when they come on as a sub. But Lafferty and Jerome play in a completely different way; Jerome is all about the running and hassling of defenders, winning headers and generally being a nuisance for defenders, which resulted in both of our goals last night.[/quote]The main issue is that Lafferty is woeful. In both ability and attitude.

Have to agree Lafferty was scandalous, especially when you compare him to the rest of the team who ran themselves into the ground. Sorry but he''s not fit to wear the shirt. Just as scandalous is our lack of cover in this position. I know Lafferty is a drain on resources but given the money we got for Olsson and Brady surely we could afford at least a loan?

A tiring Jerome would have still been far more effective for the final few minutes.