Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Striker dilemma

AN must think Laffs is better than Morris.

It''s not rocket science Mort!

He''s wrong though isn''t he, as in fact he is on many things, it happens.

[quote user="andy 1974"]If we have such bad luck as to lose Jerome to an injury, then instead of using Lafferty, Wildshut could be used as a lone striker and has been used before at Wigan.

Believe he is not truly fit and firing on all cylinders yet,after an injury before he joined, but will get sharper the more game time he gets.

Fingers crossed Jerome can stay fit and keep his superb workrate he always shows[/quote][Y]And as long as we keep it on the ground, I wouldn''t be against a Murphy up front, they both have an eye for goal.

Agree Morty.

I know AN likes a spearhead focal point, which allows players to link, go beyond, play of, but we also have some terrific offensive players in Wes, Pritchard, Murphy twins, Wildshut, Naismith, Madison, Howson and maybe Jarvis if ever fit

[quote user="ABC"]Ginja wrote about some interesting stats from Squawka....

Ignoring the mantra of "lies, damn lies and statistics", if we relied upon stats alone, then football matches would be predetermined based on the statistical analysis. They are useful guidelines, but cannot be used as the sole measurement of a player''s or team''s performances.

I suppose its much like polling data - if you get it wrong, you get Trumped! (sorry, couldn''t resist that one)[/quote]
Not sure exactly what polling data has to do with analysis of a players performance statistics... if you ignore facts you''ll get bad decisions? [;)]
Anyway I''ve said all I want to on the matter, ultimately I think Lafferty would be a bad choice tomorrow, but if he does play I cheer his name the same as any other player and I hope he proves me wrong.

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 17/02/2017 6:49 PM:

Bring back Becchio and Cody!

Are you joshing Hoola?

According to rock bus: "I''d give either the Murphys a go before selecting Lafferty"

Well, maybe AN was reading your post - and then tried to make up for it with a 4 min cameo for KL!

Little wonder the poor sod can''t perform when he''s treated the way he has been.

I''ve never been one to criticise the manager - it''s only the players on the pitch that have the ability to make things happen. But it looks like there are too many comfortable players in the team and I now expect AN to do what SAF would have done!

Maybe he should swallow his pride and look at KL objectively and see where he and his management team can help get the most out of him - we need something different to get us out of this pathetic mess!

No the transfer policy of the jam window. We are a striker, a left back and a defensive midfielder light really given the manager doesn''t rate Lafferty and we knew Mulumbu was away for a month and injury prone anyway.