Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

The "Its not my fault" thread

Is not really based on a game though, more the fact that the bare minimum requirement would be playoffs.

We have had the 3 easiest away games (on paper/form) and come away with a single point and are now 7 points off when just 10 days ago we could have going level on points with 6th

It''s looking more and more like the playoffs have gone (many have said they already have before today, I was optimistic) but again we have meandered through a game thinking we simply had to turn up and score

Do you let Neil meander towards the end of the season and change then, or let somebody new come in, assess the squad and try to convince certain players to give it one more season?

The worse case scenario, one that I could easily see happening, is getting sucked into an Arsenal like scenario - a split fan base with a manager who knows he will never get it as easy as he currently has and a board not really bothered about change as they are happy with the status quo.

[quote user="Number 9"][quote user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]He also said that we don''t have the players for this type of game ,, and that he had been saying that all season

This stood out to me very worrying.

He hasn''t got players to beat Burton?[/quote]Paddy Davit just made a point in a video I just watched, you need a Bradley Johnson, not an Alex Pritchard to win at places like Rotherham and Burton. Its about guts and fight sometimes, not technical skill.

We had 70% possession, didn''t get the business done at the top end, only 2 shots on target. 10 off target, does that suggest we were getting beat up?

[quote user="Number 9"]We had 70% possession, didn''t get the business done at the top end, only 2 shots on target. 10 off target, does that suggest we were getting beat up?[/quote]64%.Which counts for nothing unless you use it properly. Burton probably knew we''d pass pass and pass, and were quite happy to let us have the ball where it couldn''t hurt them.And its all a bit predictable, because of the players we have, teams know exactly how we are going to play.And if we had a couple of good old Championship cloggers, we could change how we play for these kind of games.

We should not be changing how we play for any games like this. We should be going out there and running rings around them and taking the game away from them with our superior quality. Not turning very away game into a matter of fine margins where defensive screw ups (of which we are undoubtedly top of the table candidates) can lose you the game. We bring ourselves down to their level on a regular basis and it p**ses me off.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]We should not be changing how we play for any games like this. We should be going out there and running rings around them and taking the game away from them with our superior quality. Not turning very away game into a matter of fine margins where defensive screw ups (of which we are undoubtedly top of the table candidates) can lose you the game. We bring ourselves down to their level on a regular basis and it p**ses me off.[/quote]It was arrogantly underestimating teams that put us in the bad run in the first place though.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Nope it was having a sh*t manager who the players don''t really rate or particularly want to play for.[/quote]I knew we''d get there in the end Jim[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Number 9"][quote user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]He also said that we don''t have the players for this type of game ,, and that he had been saying that all season This stood out to me very worrying. He hasn''t got players to beat Burton?[/quote]

Paddy Davit just made a point in a video I just watched, you need a Bradley Johnson, not an Alex Pritchard to win at places like Rotherham and Burton. Its about guts and fight sometimes, not technical skill.
[/quote]

Morty....

This was our darkest fear when we sold him . The guy , walking around at Wembley with his scarf tied around his head, on cloud nine , kicked into the long grass by AN (very odd positional demands pre season ) and then sold as the family jewels.

Something very wrong went on there. Remember the rumours? I''m not convinced at all . I would take him today over Pritchard (or most of the midfield ) any day. Signing known sicknotes at Mulumbu , Jarvis and Dorrans  in his place has resulted in ... well... you decide. And loaning out players , and selling Canos? Honestly?

Rumors aside, I agreed with selling him, we weren''t looking down then, we were thinking of a premier league squad.

[quote user="Number 9"]Rumors aside, I agreed with selling him, we weren''t looking down then, we were thinking of a premier league squad.[/quote]And thats the trouble, whatever players get you out of the Championship, they may not be the players for the Premiership, and vice versa.The only way to really do it is how Newcastle did it, change basically your whole team.

Agreed it''s not possible for us to finance a rebuilding like Newcastle. Therefore the Neil has to get the best form the group he has available.

That means the manager adopting a far more uncompromising attitude when defending than he has done for the last 18 months. Set up to not take risks, come to the obvious conclusion that we don''t have the players in defence to play clever stuff and get it away from danger more quickly. Exactly what Klose should have done today. Our first job in any game should be to make it bloody difficult for the oposition to score. Don''t chuck both full backs up the field at the same time as you are liable to get caught on the break. Burton''s second goal anyone?

Yes we make too many individual errors but the way AN sets us up means those errors are much more costly than they should be.

The bloke should have gone months ago. Nothing to do with losing today or winning next Sunday. Long term, including three transfer windows, he has shown he can''t sort out even out even our most basic flaws.

Did he mention the 33.34% rule? That we were that less likely to win cos we played on Tues and Burton didn''t? Also, did he mention why he spent £7m on Yanic who looks like he has massively less fight in him than the players we haven''t spent £7m on?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]A bit like your arrogant post that we would beat them on the match thread then, Morty, isn''t it?[/quote]Yes, its so arrogant hoping that your team will win, isn''t it?