Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

The "Its not my fault" thread

To be fair, if he had said the manager of the month thing we may as well have all just packed up and gone home.

Although ''we should have won, but we didnt'' is a terrible attitude for a manager to have imo.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]To be fair, if he had said the manager of the month thing we may as well have all just packed up and gone home.

Although ''we should have won, but we didnt'' is a terrible attitude for a manager to have imo.[/quote]What would you rather he say?

Certainly not ''we should win'', especially given our terrible away form this season. What was that comment even based on?

I would hope s a manager of a team that has lost to a team in the bottom 3 again, he could come up with something more constructive.

If our attitude is ''well, it''s #### this weekend, we should win'' then we already have the wrong mindset going into a game, and it''s no surprise that we have lost to teams with a bit of fight repeatedly

Not heard the interview yet, but you''d like to think he''d admit we werent good enough. I listened to the commentary and they frequently were mentioning he was shaking his head, turning around from the play in frustration etc. Just didnt do enough across the park and I''m sure he knows it.

Didn''t he say he won''t walk as that would be considered failure?

Well what if we fail to reach the playoffs? As that would be the biggest failure of them all

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Certainly not ''we should win'', especially given our terrible away form this season. What was that comment even based on?

I would hope s a manager of a team that has lost to a team in the bottom 3 again, he could come up with something more constructive.

If our attitude is ''well, it''s #### this weekend, we should win'' then we already have the wrong mindset going into a game, and it''s no surprise that we have lost to teams with a bit of fight repeatedly[/quote]I thought what he said was pretty spot on, and not really sure what else he could have said.I''m not sticking up for, or siding with anyone here, but he is right, the quality we put out today should have been capable of getting a result, and we totally let ourselves down, again, with lack of fight and individual errors.

He says the same sh ite every time we lose away from home, which is more often than not, and yet we still put in a shambles of a performance in the next away gams. Being saved because we''re flat track bullies that can beat the rubbish teams at home.

[quote user="Spillay"]Not heard the interview yet, but you''d like to think he''d admit we werent good enough. I listened to the commentary and they frequently were mentioning he was shaking his head, turning around from the play in frustration etc. Just didnt do enough across the park and I''m sure he knows it.[/quote]Thats pretty much what he said.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]He says the same sh ite every time we lose away from home, which is more often than not, and yet we still put in a shambles of a performance in the next away gams. Being saved because we''re flat track bullies that can beat the rubbish teams at home.[/quote]Honestly, what do you expect him to say?

"What you prefer him say"??

I have realised I have reached the peak of my ability and will be resigning my position forthwith! I would like to thank D&M for their support but I feel with my limited experience and the money I have spent on behalf of this club it would be in both of our best interests of I leave!

That''s what I''d like him to say but that''s got as much chance as Morty not posting on here for a day!

“We only have ourselves to blame. We started relatively brightly and Cameron gets in early doors behind them for a decent opportunity he puts just past the post. Burton play a ball into the channel that should easily be mopped up. We make a mess of it and they score.

“You know what is in store at these type of places. I told the boys before hand, ‘listen, this is going to be like an old-fashioned cup tie. If you give them anything to get their teeth into the players and the fans will be up for it’. We managed to gift them a goal.

“We made a half-time change and we started to pick up a bit of momentum, get a goal, and at that stage it looks like only one team will go on and win. Then from our throw-in down the left we give the ball away and don’t defend well enough. They have one forward, we have two defenders back and the keeper and he manages to take it down, turn and chip it over our heads.

“Frustrating. But going forward we got into great areas, got down the flanks and good crossing positions. The amount of final balls we put over the back of the goal or too far past the far post you give your forwards no opportunity to cross the ball. Then when Alex Pritchard puts a few balls from set plays on the money we have no-one aggressive enough to go and attack the ball. Take all that together, it is always going to be really tough.

“I am not going to hide behind excuses about injuries. The team who took the field was good enough to win this game. They didn’t. The injuries don’t help us but it is not the reason we lost the game.”

His entire philosophy is based on "we should win" tactics on the basis we have better players than most teams. There is certainly precious little in the way of tactics or organisation out there, no clever set pieces or training ground moves.

''We get a goal, and at that stage it looks like only one team will go on and win.''

He managed to think that even though we conceded just 5 minutes later?

So basically, as soon as we equalised the game was won?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Morty is Neil''s agent and I claim my £5.[/quote]I''m not saying today was good enough, not at all.But I have maintained that a lot of the blame lies at the players door too.Why isn''t Timm Klose getting grief?

Simple. Because his name is not Steven Whittaker or Russell Martin...

As for Alex Neil, his interviews do seem to create more questions than answers. He seems to say things that come across as him having the wrong attitude towards games in my opinion

Because Morty, one week it''s Martin who''s makes mistake, the next Bassong, then Klose etc, all season we''ve been shite at the back, that''s not all down to the players but the coaching, the set up and the manager!

Klose is as culpable as any of our poor defenders, but on paper they''re pretty much the best in this division! It has to be the manager, this is a hangover from the premiership, sit deep and cramp our defenders allowing pressure to build up, that our manager!

It''s much easier to hate on Russell Martin, a good player for Norwich for several years, than an eccentric international defender who is well liked on social media.

It was Klose''s fault today, if it had been Martin some fans would have been queuing up to hang him.

For the record I''m RM > TK.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]It''s much easier to hate on Russell Martin, a good player for Norwich for several years, than an eccentric international defender who is well liked on social media.

It was Klose''s fault today, if it had been Martin some fans would have been queuing up to hang him.

For the record I''m RM > TK.[/quote][Y]

With regards to Neil and coaching, didn''t he say earlier this season that we don''t have a coach who is solely focused on defending?

I don''t really know the usual set ups at other clubs, but we have had glaring issues all season so you would like to think it''s being sorted

So, let me get this right, last week no one was calling for Alex to be sacked, we lose a game, and now everyone is.Is it going to be like this, from here on in, every time we lose a game?

No Morty everyone has come to terms that he won''t be sacked, I''d like rid and have done since the summer. That won''t change.

[quote user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]He also said that we don''t have the players for this type of game ,, and that he had been saying that all season

This stood out to me very worrying.

He hasn''t got players to beat Burton?