Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Top Six still on?

Devil''s advocate - Why is everyone blaming Alex Neil, but not Timm Klose?

Because, whilst Klose''s mistake cost us a goal today he is nor responsible for the appalling run we went on between October and January, hence our current position seven points outside the playoffs. As the advocate, would you not agree with that?

[quote user="The Nightfly"]Devil''s advocate - Why is everyone blaming Alex Neil, but not Timm Klose?

Because, whilst Klose''s mistake cost us a goal today he is nor responsible for the appalling run we went on between October and January, hence our current position seven points outside the playoffs. As the advocate, would you not agree with that?[/quote]Yes, we all know that, but I''m talking about todays game.If Russel Martin had made the mistake, there would have been hell on.

[quote user="hogesar"]But Klose made the mistake today not Martin? In fact Martin has probably been the more solid of the two so why are you bringing him up?[/quote]

Sorry Hog, but RM had a shocker against Newcastle. He was very lucky that none of his mistakes ended in goals. The only reason Martin is still in, is Bassong hits the self destruct button most seasons at some point and Bennett carries niggles for pretty much his whole career .  In my opinion a fully functioning Bassong OR Bennett is better than RM.

And by the way I love Russ.. He is a top bloke, a top pro and will have a great media career because he is articulate and highly intelligent. But he would struggle to get into a top six Championship team as a CH , has lost any pace that he had, was out of his depth in the Prem, and classic example of why Scotland are so poor.

Russ will not be part of any more promotion teams.

[quote user="Darth Canary1"]Our away form tells you that we will not make the playoffs. Alex Neil is going nowhere this season or probably next tbh. Owners have bought into him and will continue to do so and they also aren''t going anywhere either[/quote]I think you have summed it up rather nicly to be honest.

This summer window is going to be massive, Neil has to get it right in terms of restructuring this squad and offloading the dead wood. I''m not entirely sure he will but we wait and see

Darth, if we fail to make the playoffs I sincerely hope that AN is not here for the summer window. I would think the playoffs would have been the minimum requirement at the beginning of the season and it looks likely we''ll miss the playoffs so IMO he would have to go in the close season!

[quote user="Darth Canary1"]I agree Nightfly but unless he walks he will be here next season[/quote]Nah I disagree, if we don''t at least make the play offs, I think they will swing the axe.

The only person likely to have removed Neil has now left the club, probably for that reason. He will be manager for at least the first half of next season. It will be take a massive change in attitude of the owner and BOD for them to even consider removing Neil.

If the next CEO is an internal appointment, then I cannot see Neil being sacked.

Manager not walking, board not sacking him, fans split - may as well call us Arsenal?

[quote user="Darth Canary1"]I hope you are right Morty[/quote]I think people should credit the folks in charge of our football club with, at least, some intelligence.Love em or hate em, they wouldn''t have got this far without having some sort of clue.

Can''t see AN getting the axe, I think that''s part of Moxeygate.

I can see the CEO being a quiet announcement, internal appointment, one to keep on the right side of the owners.

The next two games are going to show how much metal our manager and players have, Binners followed by Wednesday.

Lose both and he''ll still be here.

No point in getting in the play-offs because we won''t get past the first game.

No point in geting promotion because we''ll never spend the money needed to stay there.

No point in wanting the manager out because the board thinks he is good enough to keep us mid table Championsip for the next 10 years.

And that satisfies their aspirarations.

Nevermind Promotion, Promotion, Promotion as that was just a marketing tool to make us appear to be serious when based on the last 3 seasons, we''re anything but seriuos.

[quote user="Making Plans"]No point in getting in the play-offs because we won''t get past the first game.

No point in geting promotion because we''ll never spend the money needed to stay there.

No point in wanting the manager out because the board thinks he is good enough to keep us mid table Championsip for the next 10 years.

And that satisfies their aspirarations.

Nevermind Promotion, Promotion, Promotion as that was just a marketing tool to make us appear to be serious when based on the last 3 seasons, we''re anything but seriuos.[/quote]If anyone is in the house with Mr Plans, could you hide away any sharp implements please?[;)]

Whilst Klose cost us a goal, make no mistake we were garbage all over the pitch. Conceding at Burton should not have been that significant - but we created very, very few reasonable chances - in fact it was hoofball. No pass and move to create chances just lob it in the mixer and hope Jerome beats two defenders.

No idea why Alexdidnt change things after half an hour today. We just weren''t creating anything. It also looks like we massively overpaid for Pritchard and Wildschut.

Playoffs are gone - we have a very expensive team of very average, bottlers.

Alex aneeds to move on, we need a change in the summer.

If the plan is to sack AN if the Play Offs aren''t reached then let''s hope the people running the club have already identified his successor and aren''t scratching about in the summer for somebody.

very little chance of top 6 on past form

Consider this - in our final 13 games we have:

- 8 games against the current top 10 - in the reverse fixtures we picked up TWO points against them

- fixture against binners on decent run

[quote user="whistleblower"]very little chance of top 6 on past form

Consider this - in our final 13 games we have:

- 8 games against the current top 10 - in the reverse fixtures we picked up TWO points against them

- fixture against binners on decent run[/quote]

should have added - no Oliveira for 4-6 weeks...no realistic backup for Jerome

one last "get out of jail free card" to play due to the fact that Leeds vs Sheff Weds next Saturday.....so a win vs the filth on Sunday for us, will make 3 points up on one of them or 2 points on both of them,

Should that happen,there really is no margin for error after that, and it probably includes going to Hillsbrough the following week and winning.

After what I saw today, there would be absolutely no chance of that.

Top Six still on?     I shall reserve judgement until after the next 3 games, win them all and it''s a BIG yes, lose them all and no chance, something in-between and maybe 

It''s possible but highly unlikely in my opinion. We are simply not good enough this season.

Well we are certainly making it tough on ourselves, our away form suggests probably not. Have a horrible feeling that this season is a right off:(

morty wrote:

''''Devil''s advocate - Why is everyone blaming Alex Neil, but not Timm Klose?''''

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Because individual errors like this have been evident across the whole team, all season, under Alex Neil''s regime?

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]morty wrote:

''''Devil''s advocate - Why is everyone blaming Alex Neil, but not Timm Klose?''''

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Because individual errors like this have been evident across the whole team, all season, under Alex Neil''s regime?[/quote]Have players made individual errors under other managers? Has that ever happened?Timm Klose should know how to defend by this time in his career. He hasn''t been coached how to defend badly by Alex Neil.

To have any chance we need to win at Leeds, Sheff Wed and Huddersfield away as a minimum which based on yesterday''s efforts will be a pipe dream. Our home games, other than Reading and Brighton don''t look too bad but our away form and in particular our woeful defending will be our undoing. Clear out in the summer and fresh start next August.

I sometimes wonder if people understand what the managers job is. Off course individual errors will occur but we have been suffering from them in spades.

He needs to recognise this as our major problem and as part of our inability to defend. He has to instil in the players that our over riding game plan, above all else, is to cut out errors at the back and stop the other team scoring. Don''t take risks. Be uncompromising at the back, be prepared for breakaways when we lose possession. And most of all stop over committing our full backs up the pitch.

Two years we''ve put up with his attitude of playing half a team of piano players while we don''t have enough guys to carry the thing.

When he finally gets round to spending a proportion of the millions he has spent on some better defenders then maybe we can adopt a more adventurous playing style.

At present, because of the disjointed squad he has built, he needs to change our style of play. Unfortunately he shows no sign of seeing the problem let alone addressing it.

So yes, individual errors are absolutely down to the manager to sort out and two years watching the same old mistakes is far too long.