Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

After Ipswich

Can see the only way Alex will be sacked and that''s if we lose to Ipswich ,which is a real possibility .think it will either be the end or if we win will kick start us off again ,but it''s all too late .

I think it would depend on the supporters reaction to an Ipswich loss. And it would take a seismic reaction.

I don''t honestly believe the board will sack him otherwise.

A few vociferous choruses today at the final whistle of '' What the effin hell was that '' as the players left the field will not help his case if God forbid the Scum turn us over next week.

We probably won''t go up under Alex Neil. It''s also a hard task for a different manager. I''d rather we beat Ipswich and Alex Neil is replaced at the end of the season if he fails his primary objective of the top six.

If we don''t make top 6 which I doubt, then he has to go. Would be a huge failure. His target by the board would''ve been promotion or at least get into playoffs.

I doubt they would sack him. I think we are stuck with him because the deluded idiots don''t realise how bad he is and don''t think the financial outweigh is justified or affordable.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 18/02/2017 11:41 PM:

A few vociferous choruses today at the final whistle of '' What the effin hell was that '' as the players left the field will not help his case if God forbid the Scum turn us over next week.

If the scum do turn us over a few choruses at the end of the last game will hardly effect anything.

After Ipswich I think we will get another 10 or 11 points so see us ending the season around 63/65 points. That should see us to about 10th. Heavens knows whether that means that the board continue to stick with him. It won''t meet the expectations of 95% of fans.

To be fair a finish outside of the top 6 won''t meet the boards expectations either. Has to be sacked. You can''t tell me alex neil will see finishing outside of the top 6 as a successful season. I think even he would expect to lose his job if that happens.

[quote user="Number 9"]I suppose you''ve allowed for the fact that we could give Ipswich a hiding?[/quote]Of course we could give The Scum a hiding and of course we all hope we do but experience over the years and certainly this season has taught me  to expect the unexpected.

The way we have played against the lesser sides, who defend in numbers and certainly run a shift for the manager does actually worry Me for Sundays game.

Neil''s position will be even more secure when Steve Stone gets the CEO job permanently, which at the moment is odds on, though internally CR is still a shambles since McNally''s departure.

Our away record means that promotion via the play offs in not on, which suits the board perfectly. As I''ve stated many times before, the club did not want to get promoted this season and the current situation of flattering to deceive means a pretty much full house every week which suits the agenda.

The club will not progress under the current board.