Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Favourite film ?

[quote user="sonyc"]I like the look of Ricardo''s.....a strong collection. Many Coen films in my list but No Country would be top. Plus Withnail and I, Nobody''s Fool, Hear My Song, Elf! Far too many to pick.[/quote]

Someone else liked Hear My Song! Add anything by the Coen brothers and Cinema Paradiso

A few very underrated/lesser-known films, I don''t think any have been mentioned so far.The Game (1997)O''Lucky Man (1973)Running on Empty (1988)Henry Portrat of a Serial Killer (1986)Rogue Trader (1999)Down for Life (2009)Billion Dollar Brain (1967)Deadly Messages (1985) (TV Movie)Threads (1984)The Cube (1997)The Parallax View (1974)The Reincarnation of Peter Proud (1975)Who Can Kill a Child (1976)The Last House on the Left (1972)Deathdream (aka Dead of Night) (1974)Hausu (1977)The Fourth Protocol (1987)Rise of the Footsoldier (2010)A Serbian Film (2010)Kids (1995)The Optimists (1973)I''m currently watching There is no 13 (1974). I''m waiting for better quality versions of Suspiria and A Clockwork Orange to be released before viewing them.

[quote user="Len"]A few very underrated/lesser-known films, I don''t think any have been mentioned so far.

Running on Empty (1988)

[/quote]Yes. Not a great film but in an undemonstrative way one of the most accurate depictions of the sixties'' dream colliding with reality. And also because you really cannot dance to to Beethoven...

1. The Shawshank Redemption

2. Fight Club

3. Seven

4. Heat

5. Lawrence of Arabia

but theres so many others.

Van Wink

The Committments, now reading that makes me want to watch it again soon Less.

Went to see the stage show in London a while ago, not sure if it''s still running, well worth a visit.

We have thought about going to see this on stage, haven''t been to a show for a while, good shout VW. might be better than another away day for football for a while ;-)

In no particular order:

Inglorious B******ds

Star Wars (now called ''A New Hope'')

Pulp Fiction

The Fifth Element

Guardians of the Galaxy (for some reason, I can watch this over and over again).

There have been some great calls out there for films that I love and have forgotten about. The one that really sticks out for me is The Outlaw Josey Wales.

I also love the way that this is so ''horses for courses''. There are some films out there that I simply hated, e.g., Shutter Island. This was a badly made film with a thin plot that I guessed about half the way through and then had to endure the second half. Awful film.

I can''t believe that we haven''t had:

ESCAPE TO VICTORY (or was it the plethora of Ipswich players that scares people off?).