Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Pathetic and embarrassing

For our squad of players to lose to Rotherham and Burton is frankly humiliating, regardless of a few injuries.

If you cannot defend then it undermines everything else. Even though the commitment has been much better the defence has continued to look awful and to be honest we played lower league kick and rush stuff against Newcastle. This manager cannot coach or organise a team defensively and has continually failed to strengthen key areas of the team/squad when we''ve needed to and that will be our undoing.

So we''re carrying on as we have been all season. What a shock!

I said that at the time. too many playters are on a career downer whether through age or too many disapointments and mistakes here and the manager is just too naive and overtly attacking.

With a good side and fair wind we''d make the play offs in most seasons in the Championship under AN but looking at our best and average performances under him I feel that''s our current glass ceiling.

This is what I specifically was moaning about during the poor run. Not primarily the poor results at the time but that even if we did get back to our best this year that level isn''t good enough to achieve much. Not to mention the 50 million he''s spent getting here. People we''re saying would he or wouldn''t he turn it round, well now that he has turned it around I''m not surprised at all to see is perform like an upper midtable Championship team in most games

£15m on Pritchard and Wildschut - rubbish.

We were pathetic - hoofball to Jerome, even with Wes and Pritchard. Neither of the Murphys will need to wash their kit - completely ineffective.

The defending was a disgrace - yet again, and in possession there is no movement, no one creating space, or wanting the ball.

It was a humiliation, in a ground that cost less than one of our players.

Our better players tend to be the ones Alex inherited, the only difference to today''s away day no show - not only did we not have a Plan B - I couldn''t even discern what Plan A was supposed to be.

Well p###ed off with the lot of them.

We have definitely switched to hoofball in recent weeks. I guess you could say it''s playing the percentages and it''s been effective but the football has regressed in terms of ball retention. Even Forest had more possession than us but our wonderstrikes killed that game.

just back from Burton, when you see the size of their club and our comparitive resources, today must go down as one of the worst results in our club''s history.....absolutely unnaceptable. Yes we''ve got a few injuries but we still had enough to have won there....certainly not to have lost it.

This was my first away game for a couple of months and I was keen to see these players'' body language and look at their faces to see whether theyre up for getting a run of away results for the rest of the season.

Not a chance from what I saw today

GJL - I thought the excellent away support made it more like a home a game.

The team didn''t have the stomach for a fight though, and I agree with you, on the evidence of this afternoon away points will be in short supply for the rest of the season.

How the mighty are fallen...

Last season win away at Old Trafford

This season lose away at Rotherham and Burton - a team Kings Lynn have played in more recent times...

The little goon spends a fortune making us worse.

The biggest clown in the history of NCFC management.

Abxolutely clueless

Defensive errors cost us but we lost it in midfield, apart from tettey we shrunk from the physical challenge and didn''t give the back four an out ball. We didnt rise to the game, we didn''t want it, they did.

Second nearly every time, no leadership and such poor passing. Wes improved things, but it wasn''t enough.

I just feel that in all the basics of the game where a manager or good coaching can make a difference we are too often poor. Look st what Warnock has done last season at Rotherham and this season with Cardiff. Ok the way Cardiff play isn''t pretty but he gets the basics absolutely right, they give away very few sloppy goals and they get good crosses in and offer a threat from set pieces. They maximise what they have.

Just feels like Neil chucks them out there on the pitch and let''s them get on with it (other than making them play some stupid zonalmarking system). That works when the players are up for it but when they need that bit of extra motivating or we need that little bit more from the manager it''s not there. Lambert was worth points to the team over the season with his reading of games, subs and risk taking. Even Highton was able to get us results sometimes due to the discipline and organisation he brought. I cannot think of a single instance this season where I think the manager has added value to the team.

15 wins, 12 losses for one of the favourites this season.

We''ve lost to Rotherham & Burton, and drawn with Wigam, the divisions 3 worst clubs.

We''ve rarely picked up points against 10 ten sides.

Failure to improve defense in two transfer windows now, our defense has looked awful ALL season, we''re gifting goals almost weekly with sloppy defending, making same mistakes week in week out, and AN even confirms in each post press interview he knows what we''re getting wrong, yet fails to address it.

This season has been a shambles, and AN should not keep his job for those reasons!

Rowett maybe, Wharburton definetely imo. AN is NOT the man to take us forward, because he''s failed time and again to address things looking backward

I just can''t believe the how much AN has messed up this year.

Honestly, having us sat in the top 3 would have been easier than what he''s managed to do.

Will we have ever have such a big advantage of other championship clubs again?

Why didn''t he go and sign a couple of championship or league one defenders for a couple of million a piece? We just needed some pacey physical centre halfs that enjoy defending. Instead £7 million on wildshut, who''s doing he''s best to rival RVW as the most expensive no show in a yellow shirt.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 19/02/2017 8:29 AM:

Why didn''t he go and sign a couple of championship or league one defenders for a couple of million a piece? We just needed some pacey physical centre halfs that enjoy defending.

Such as whom??? Any names in mind?

VanWink wrote the following post at 19/02/2017 8:50 AM:

Any of our lads look pi$$ed?

Fans are pi$$ed off, if that helps?

I wouldn''t target WildSchut. Give him time to settle. tbf most of our signings get a two month sabbatcial before they''re introduced.

It''s our joke of a defense that winds me up. To not buy a central defender is suicidal. That we''ve still not recruited a qualified defensive coach in is astonishing!

Shows the club is being run in an amateurish way. And the results show it

Warburton is one of the few managers who looks worse in the transfer market than Alex.

Wildschut never going to be worth £7m, nor Pritchard £8m - both will be offloaded for massive losses.

I like Pritchard and think he''s a good player but his signing was totally unnecessary. However it seems to me we''re just not managed well. Individually I feel like we''ve got decent defenders- I think I''m right in saying three of our first choice back four have played in European competitions- but this manager and coaching staff just cannot get the best out of them.

I think Pritchards role here is being stifled by Wes ''evergreen'' Hoolahan. He is generally playing well and that has restricted Pritchards chances. Got no prob with Wes, its just that he is lasting longer and better than many predicted. If pritchard is impatient then it could be a problem but if he is prepared to bide his time then he could well be our next ''small man with big skills''.

So Broadstairs, you feel Alex Neil is a worse manager than Bryan Gunn, Peter Grant and Glenn Roeder, to pick just three from the modern era?

How do you come to that conclusion?

Given the resources he has had at his disposal I actually don''t think he''s done any better than those three did. Perhaps he would have fared better managing a load of crap players as it would have been more like his Scottish experience and the players he played alongside.