Sign in to follow this  
0King Juan of SpainddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Worthy's sorry-can we shut the hell up now?

He''s said he''s sorry. I don''t hear any boo-boys apologising for their DISGRACEFUL behaviour this season. Now''s your chance! Start tonight!

Get behind the team and remember that booing someone like Fleming, who has contributed more to this club in the last few years than anyone in the squad, both on and off the pitch, is far worse than Worthy having a heat-of-the-moment rant about some of the ridiculous, petty behaviour going on in the stands.

I heard people booing when we were passing the ball around on Saturday. What the hell do you people want? Long ball?

Right now I am ashamed to be a City fan. That''s the same City fan who was prouder than anything last year to travel and share the same stands and pubs as the likes of Newcastle, Man Utd and Arsenal fans, to hear them say what a great club we were with amazing supporters, how jealous they were that we supported our side through thick and thin. If they could see us now they''d laugh.

Make the difference tonight - this is OUR club, for God''s sake start acting like you support it or don''t bother coming back.

No we can''t shut up right! Cos my mates mums sisters cousins uncles dogwalkers next door neighdoor said that Worthy is secretly a binner and is working in bring us down from the inside like a Trojan Horse!

As well as that right, he''s also got 666 under his grey locks.  BURN HIM!

Could not agree more. Very eloquently put. We need to be moving in the same direction again. Remember everyone we are in this together. The teams performances have not been great but us supporters have not been living up to our billing either. The boo boys and the Worthy haters need to get a grip, and wait for the good ship Norwich to set sail beacuse with the talent this club has at the moment, when it clicks it will be fantastic and wonderful football flow.

There''ll be lots of booing from me now I''m afraid.

I shall be booing the people who are booing the players. I hope this booing will wake up the booers and make them perform better.

I hope the players notice the difference.

[quote]I have to say again what King Juan is saying is spot on, we are showing ourselves to be a very fickle bunch. I don''t see how any of those comments are arrogant.[/quote]

So just how would you describe "Shut the hell up now" then, DIZNASSA?.

Made a rod for his own back here, unless we turn over the mighty City Hull impressively likely to be even more fans showing their voiciferous disapproval.

I can live with defeat after defeat provided Worthy is shown the door, end of October would be nice.

Hey Mr Wiz I do think you are a champ, and i ,love your posts, and its mighty  fine to have you back on this board. I just think that people are frustrated at the fans who boo. Booing your team is not constructive, and I really feel strongly that we have to all become one again.

I remember the dark days of Chase and how the club and fans were on differents ends of the spectrum, and though those days will not return, there does seem to be something sinister in the air.

Any magic you can do to help. please.

Top post King.  We need to get behind the lads more than ever now.  If we are going to turn our season around it needs everyone; the management, the players and the fans.  If Worthy takes WLY off after an hour then so be it.  No boos, no jeers.  Back the lads

I agree, what we need is to lift the roof for 90 mins and act as the hyperthetical 12th man. I understand peoples frustrations but can anybody tell me when booing has made a team play better? It destroys confidence in players and is not the correct way to voice your opinion. Worthington is right in saying we could have had a few more points this season, however i don''t think we are playing as badly as our position in the league suggests. On the ball. 

Hang on a minute you boys!

Here''s the other view.

Personally speaking I have NEVER EVER booed or jeered any individual Norwich player. I think that is out of order UNLESS it was 100% obvious that the payer in question was openly showing disrespect to the fans or club. However, I will fight to my last breath to have the right to shout criticism at the manager for a particular substitution or team tactic etc. if I feel that is justified.I also reserve the right to boo the TEAM off (although I have never done so) IF the performance warrants it.

This ''booing'' that alledgedly takes place at home matches is, in my view. massively overrated. All I have heard from my seat right in the middle of The Jarrold is a chorus of boos IMMEDIATELY the final whistle sounds. it lasts for all of 2 or 3 seconds AND THATS IT! Unless I am stone deaf, I have not heard any storm of booing that many of you give the impression is happening, as all the players leave the field. If it IS happening it must just be a few individual lads in the Snakepit I should think?

There has to be a balance in all this argument. Listening to most of you I am expected to do the following:

PAY UP

TURN UP

SHOUT SUPPORT FOR THE YELLOWS NON STOP FOR 90 MINS.

NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE MAKE ANY KIND OF CRITICAL COMMENT

GO HOME

(And go through this procedure for all 46 matches by the way).

Er, does''nt that sound like some kind of Iron Curtain type of ''election'' rally? Whatever happened to ''free speech''!

If the fans are now starting to voice public criticism of the manager (and that is what this so called ''booing'' is really aimed at), then perhaps King Juan and DD and cohorts might like to ask themselves why this should be!      

Wiz - we have had our differences in the past but I''m with you on this one boy.

Football fans all over the country are calling for their managers heads e.g. ally mcliesh for rangers 4 months after winning the league title, david moyes after champions league qualification, ian dowie after his promotion, and harry Redknapp, it''s amazing how fickle fans are, happy when things are going well, but 8 games of an indifferent spell SACK EM they''re crap. how fickle fans really are, Glory hunters? want to be there in their clubs good times, but not prepared to stick with em in the bad.

I wonder how many of these (Fans?) actually stuck with NCFC during our really poor hamilton rioch days or how many of them are newish season ticket holders (since the jarrold stand went up). If you''ve noticed we''re not selling out at the mo are we, glory hunters not turning up?

I too am embarrassed to be called a Norwich fan at the moment, these fans should be ashamed of themselves. You can here the moaners all the time a slight pass astray BOO, a miss-understanding on the pitch BOO, nice possession football BOO, all the time, GIVE IT A REST. I''m sure their are people who only go there to moan and complain.

Nigel Worthington is going to go down in the history books at Carrow Road as one of the most successful managers we''ve had and you want to cut short his appointment, just because we''ve not won every game by a hatfull of goals, like we all expected to! RUBBISH. Stick by your manager he knows what he''s doing look at the squad he''s assembled, look how we''ve played most teams of the park and lost 1-0 not the result of a poor manager just poor luck (bad finishing) in front of goal. If we were playing rubbish none entertaining football with no hope, and worthy had lost the dressing room, which he clearly hasn''t, then I would say sack him, but none of these are true, so get behind him and the team.

I''m coming away from moaning carrow road thinking that, we played well, had loads of chances, just that the ball is not bouncing for us at present. Also thinking that I hate some of Norwich city''s (FANS?)

What must the new players be thinking about us, why the hell did we sign for Norwich their fans are awful.

So when the teams run out tonight for the match against Hull lets give them the support we all know we''re capable of and show the new players what FCR is all about.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Trust Worthy

Absolutely spot on Shardy. I''ve been a season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember but I was there during our strictly mediocre times under Hamilton, because I love the club and can''t bring myself to support anyone else (unlike several ''fans'' I''ve noticed passing on their season tickets after a couple of bad games).

I can honestly say the reaction to the start of this season has been the most disgraceful and embarrassing I''ve ever encountered. Even worse than when we went to Fulham a few seasons ago (when they were top of the 1st) and people were singing ''we''re sh1t and we know we are''.

If half of these people just shut up and let the team get on with it, remembering - sorry to break this to you Glory Hunters - that we only started winnning last season against teams with nothing to play for, we had no injury worries and still a relatively cheap and small squad, then perhaps they''d stop acting like spoilt children who seem to think that this division is going to be a ''cakewalk''.

Mistakes will be made in football. Worthy is a funny old stick sometimes but still very young and inexperienced in managerial terms, just like Curbishley was when Charlton went down. Stop whingeing and give him a chance.

And I''m sick of hearing this ''I hate booing but I reserve the right to boo if I want to'' nonsense. Either turn up and support the team or go and support the Binners, where booing is about the only noise they make at all.

[quote]I have to say again what King Juan is saying is spot on, we are showing ourselves to be a very fickle bunch. I don''t see how any of those comments are arrogant.[/quote]

seconded

[quote]He''s said he''s sorry. I don''t hear any boo-boys apologising for their DISGRACEFUL behaviour this season. Now''s your chance! Start tonight! Get behind the team and remember that booing someone like F...[/quote]

Spot on.

king juan - here is my POV - im not slating u, but i think yuo''re wrong. here is why:

Worthington may be inexperienced, thats a given, but im sure curbishley did not make the bizarre tactical decisions that worthington is. yes he is inexperienced and will make mistakes, but he failed to address the defensive weakness at the start of this season, same way as he did at start of prem season, which cost us dearly and had he brought davenport in before transfer window shut then we may be looking at a different league table...

worthington''s tactics and poor motivational skills have cost us dearly this season - the tactics can be chalked up to inexperience if u like, but f i couldnt do a basic of my job after 5years and told my boss it was inexperience, id guess id be heading for the job centre - and poor motivational skills meant we have only showed up for 45mins or less every game, and im not sure worthington can improve this.

the boos i have heard ringing out fcr have been aimed at the manager and yet another bizarre tactical or personnel change. i will not boo individual players but i pay my money, which ultimately pays their wages - i would never tell the people who pay my wages i dont care what they think or again i would be heading for job centre....and if im not happy with the product im paying my money for then i dont see why i shouldnt complain - same way i would if i bought a household item that didnt work, i wouldnt just accept its crap, id go complain and demand that they sort the problem out, which is what the fans are doing. anyone who knows anything about revolutions and the suchlike knows that you never attack at the base if you want to achieve anything - you must attack the top level people - the board i dont feel have done too much wrong to be honest, but imo worthington has and for that i will tell him so.

i dont agree with booing during matches generally - but i feel the demotivated way we have performed has warranted something, and we are fairly limited as to how we can show our disapproval, again - the booing has not generally been aimed at individual players but either at the whole team after the match or worthington''s poor tactics and personnel changes.

worthington must know he is under pressure and i am expecting a big performance tonite and i expect the fans to get behind the team, if the team however, dont know what they are doing, because they are being played out of position as per usual, in a formation they are obviously not happy or comfortable with and the ones who are having a good game and causing problems get subbed and leave the opposition more able to deal with us then i will voice my dis-satisfaction and will have no qualms about doing so - at the end of the day, yeh ok we have no divine right to win the league and i dont expect us to win every game - what i do think however is that with the squad we have we should be much better off than we are, we have a real quality team and i can only see the blame lying at worthington''s feet for our current position, which simply isnt good enough, much as he tries not to accept any responsibility.

Brian Hamilton seems to have come under a lot of flak for the dark days and the keep faithers are saying "ok we''ve not been great but at least we''re not back to the dark days under chase and hamilton".....just one point to make on this one.....we should not be back in the dark days, after we''ve spent god knows how many million! and our league position isnt much better than that of the "dark days".....Brian hamilton has been in my view unfairly treated by city fans - ok he wasnt the greatest manager - in fact, he was awful, but i would not say he is much worse than worthington, and i think given the funds worthington has had, and those that hamilton didnt, i think he did the best job he could on little resources - worthington has had ample resources and is doing the best job he can, but we''re no better off in the league,