Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Burton Match Thread

The boards continued backing of this manager is farcical. This season is their failure as much as it is his.

morty wrote:

''''Hoolahan pushed over in the box, pen not given''''

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh well, I hope this doesn''t now get used as an excuse..

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]7 points behind Leeds.

Game over.

May as well sack Neil now and get a new man in to assess the squad before the summer[/quote]

Yeah seasons over now. Neil clearly will never learn about substitutions. He just doesn''t get it.

Whose going to come here though? Any suggestions? They wont sack him anyway, not with that 2mill parting handshake rearing its head on the finances

Agree with planning ahead for next season. We are so unbalanced with the squad and seriously lack the players and manager needed to really challenge in this league. Huge clear out needs to happen.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]So why does AN keep putting Lafferty in the squad?

Surely Morris is a better option?[/quote]Morris is out on loan.[/quote]Exactly.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]7 points behind Leeds.

Game over.

May as well sack Neil now and get a new man in to assess the squad before the summer[/quote]

Yeah seasons over now. Neil clearly will never learn about substitutions. He just doesn''t get it.[/quote]He doesn''t, never has and never will get it!

Bitterly disappointing.

When is AN going to realise that you take one game at a time and forgot bl00dy Ipswich.

It sounded like we allowed Burton to dictate right from the kick off as to how this match would be played out.

No Hoolahan from the off and Tettey can do no wrong.

It is looking harder by the game, one point this week only.

Not an excuse, but the run of games and injuries is definitely a factor.I wouldn''t be surprised if there weren''t a few players not even close to 100% fit today.

Hank, truth be told, if the penalty incident had happened on Paul Lambert''s watch then I''m sure for many it wouldn''t be an excuse. Read into that what you will...

[quote user="morty"]Not an excuse, but the run of games and injuries is definitely a factor.I wouldn''t be surprised if there weren''t a few players not even close to 100% fit today.[/quote]Bless

That Ladies and Gentlemen, is that. Once again out thought I''m afraid. Been so against the bottom clubs away from home , and we still cant beat the top six. Beating Wolves, Birmingham and Forest at home leaves you mid table. Its the "roll your sleeves up" games that get you up. We are a country mile from that.

He''s got to go I''m afraid. We have one more year of parachute money - for goodness sake don''t let him waste any more.

I have to say I''m completely unsurprised at this result. Team battling for their lives versus another with a poor defensive record and away form. I''m very disappointed but we are where we are. The play offs were extinguished today. Sad but surely its over. Who actually thinks we could beat any of Huddersfield, Leeds or Sheff Wed away? We are just not at their standard unfortunately. The table doesn''t lie.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"]Not an excuse, but the run of games and injuries is definitely a factor.I wouldn''t be surprised if there weren''t a few players not even close to 100% fit today.[/quote]Bless[/quote]Is that all you have?You don''t think its a factor?

morty wrote the following post at 18/02/2017 4:57 PM:

Not an excuse, but the run of games and injuries is definitely a factor.

I wouldn''t be surprised if there weren''t a few players not even close to 100% fit today.

Yes but for both teams.

[quote user="morty"]Not an excuse, but the run of games and injuries is definitely a factor.I wouldn''t be surprised if there weren''t a few players not even close to 100% fit today.[/quote]

It is a very reasonable and fair point. Gutted we didn''t get anything out of this game, but having a half a brain, I already understood why Hoolahan wasn''t going to start today.