Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Burton Match Thread

Wes on the bench.No Maddison![URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitledr_zpsl79wvzhn.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitledr_zpsl79wvzhn.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]SUBS: McGovern (GK), Bassong, Hoolahan, Lafferty, Bennett, Jo. Murphy, Godfrey

Wes benched - FFS Neil.[/quote]Saving him for the scum, I suspect.

[quote user="rock bus"]Thought I''d read that Alex said Maddison would be in the squad?!?[/quote]You''ll probably find he travelled with the matchday squad, but there was a late call on someone''s fitness, and he wasn''t needed.

Had to laugh at the apalling effort by the BBC in their match preview:"Norwich are without forward Nelson Oliveira, who could be out for six weeks out with a fractured foot.

Steven Naismith (hamstring), Youssouf Mulumbu (thigh) and Ryan Jarvis (hamstring) are also out."

So Olive is definitely OUT (maybe they needed 1 more out in there), and apparently we''ve re-signed Ryan Jarvis!

Just lol

Alex Neil said in the presser that he was sweating on the status of two new injury worries, and it could be touch and go. He refused to name them (obviously in case Nigel Clough instructed his team to target them). Possibly that''s why Wes is on the bench.

Wes has been in good form, but no harm in resting him as long as those who come in do a job. I heard that Maddison was injured, but could be wrong - I expect the above was right and that he was back-up.

As for the Beeb, no longer respect them or bother going to them for news or coverage. It is always awful. Ryan Jarvis? Seriously?!

Is is going to be one hard game and we should not expect to turn them over. The lack of midweek game should assist Burton greatly.

How many times this season have posters written about shocking defending? No wonder either with our away form that we may fall short this season.

Come on City get an equaliser before half time.