Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Don't panic !

yes, we should not have lost to Burtonyes, it was another defeat away at a lowly clubhowever, if we do beat the binners then we are pretty much back to where we were before the Newcastle gamethen we needed an average of 1.66 points a gamebeating the binners will mean we need an average of 1.75 points a gamenot an impossible task, nor much more than what we wereyes, I know this is about ifs and buts, and we need to be seeing a squad who can pick up these points on a regular basis we are where we are,, and that is still with a chance of the play offs so maybe less stop all this wailing and whining until the season ends

"Still with a chance of the play offs so maybe less stop all this wailing and whining until the season ends."

Still with a "chance" of the play offs then. Is that what we are reduced to now?

I''m "wailing and whining" big time.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Still with a chance of the play offs so maybe less stop all this wailing and whining until the season ends."

Still with a "chance" of the play offs then. Is that what we are reduced to now?

I''m "wailing and whining" big time.[/quote]nothing new there then

I expect we will still be in with a chance for quite a while yet but its beginning to look slimmer by the week. Odds no better than 2-1 against IMO.

74 points isn''t going to be enough for a play off spot, it will be close but no cigar.

"nothing new there then!

You bet.

Please explain why you seem so pleased with things as they are.

If you can manage it without resource to insult that is.

With results going against us and the fact we didn''t win either of the last two games, we could easily be ten points off 6th place after this coming midweek and Saturday results. Even if we beat the binners, we''ll still be possibly seven points off 6th. Not good.  If we had beaten Newcastle and Burton that potential distance could have been one point off 6th if we beat the scum.  We need to win games and we are not doing it enough.

[quote user="Ginja"]74 points isn''t going to be enough for a play off spot, it will be close but no cigar.[/quote]The point is not whether the total used (75 actually) is correct but that that same total still requires much the same points average per game as it did beforeAs to whether it will be enough time will tell, the point being that we have not slipped as bad as some folk would have (assuming we beat the binners)so everything still to play for

I am not quite clear whether 75 points is being touted as a target or not. But for the sake of argument, to reach that we need 24 points from the last 13 games, which is 1.846 points per game, while we are so far at 1.545 ppg. But the real point here is not so much a specific final points total as whether in reaching such we also overtake one of the top six (assuming someone below doesn''t overtake us, which is hardly out of the question).In practice that means Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday. Getting to 75 points does us no good if they reach 76, and to do that Leeds need only to rack up 1.38 ppg and Wednesday 1.28 ppg.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am not quite clear whether 75 points is being touted as a target or not. But for the sake of argument, to reach that we need 24 points from the last 13 games, which is 1.846 points per game, while we are so far at 1.545 ppg. But the real point here is not so much a specific final points total as whether in reaching such we also overtake one of the top six (assuming someone below doesn''t overtake us, which is hardly out of the question).In practice that means Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday. Getting to 75 points does us no good if they reach 76, and to do that Leeds need only to rack up 1.38 ppg and Wednesday 1.28 ppg. [/quote]I am not quite clear whether 75 points is being touted as a target or not''The point is not whether the total used (75 actually) is correct''   which should explain itI''m not too sure why you have chose to misrepresnt a fairly basic point, but there ...each to their own I suppose

It''s clear that there''s a huge likelihood of us playing in the Championship next season.

There''s an increasingly unlikely chance of reaching the playoffs.

While you play on your calculator, you''re not focussing on the blindingly obvious.

[quote user="Number 9"]It''s clear that there''s a huge likelihood of us playing in the Championship next season.

There''s an increasingly unlikely chance of reaching the playoffs.

While you play on your calculator, you''re not focussing on the blindingly obvious.[/quote]yes, what a shame I did not write something like this"and we need to be seeing a squad who can pick up these points on a regular basis"

[quote user="Number 9"]You haven''t mentioned the manager and coaching staff[/quote]why, do they play as well ?

How would we be back to where we were before the Newcastle game? We''d probably be seven points off 6th with less games to play.

I''m not sure what your point is hereit has little relevance to my OP

[quote user="king canary"]How would we be back to where we were before the Newcastle game? We''d probably be seven points off 6th with less games to play.[/quote]did yu actually read the OP ?if you did, then you wouldn''t be asking that erroneous question

my key boardall those characters are on there

ps read through the thread