Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Where do we go from here?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Not at all. I''ve actually got back into enjoying the last few games I''ve been too a lot more because I concluded that getting wound up about Neil and the board was ruining my enjoyment of games. I''m reconciled to the fact he is not getting sacked and determined not to allow my frustration at the club and board to stop me enjoying my football.

Does not mean we cannot comment on issues on here though both positively and critically.

Its actually quite amusing that posters on here who actually rate most of our players and think they are capable of performing so much better or who want or demand better performances are lambasted as "negative" posters yet many who say we have poor players, "deadwood" or "are a mid table team" are seen as positive. Ironic really.[/quote]Oh Jim[:D]

@Morty

I''ve consistently posted that I think we have the players to challenge for the top two.

I''ve consistently posted recently that I think we can still make the playoffs.

I''ve even posted recently giving Neil credit for his determination and for perhaps learning some lessons and being more consistent in his decision making in recent times.

I will say it again. Those on here who believe that we have good players at present who are capable of doing/performing a lot better are not the negative posters on here.

[quote user="king canary"]I''ve seen Jim make a few positive posts on here in recent weeks...[/quote]Lies[;)]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]@Morty

I''ve consistently posted that I think we have the players to challenge for the top two.

I''ve consistently posted recently that I think we can still make the playoffs.

I''ve even posted recently giving Neil credit for his determination
and for perhaps learning some lessons and being more consistent in his decision making in recent times.

I will say it again. Those on here who believe that we have good players at present who are capable of doing/performing a lot better are not the negative posters on here.[/quote]Really Jim?Really?

Its the one quality he has that I admire Morty, the way he has managed to hang on in there and keep his job. That''s it though.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Well it was interesting that the Club did not come out and refute or deny the Sun story published a few weeks ago by Wyett which as I recall suggested a 2 year notice period.[/quote]
Indeed Jim. But what is missing from the whole equation is information about his previous deal that McNally gave him in 2016. Without knowing that no genuine appraisal can be made of this new information. The new deal could be good or bad for the club in the event they got rid.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]Well it was interesting that the Club did not come out and refute or deny the Sun story published a few weeks ago by Wyett which as I recall suggested a 2 year notice period.[/quote]
Indeed Jim. But what is missing from the whole equation is information about his previous deal that McNally gave him in 2016. Without knowing that no genuine appraisal can be made of this new information. The new deal could be good or bad for the club in the event they got rid.
[/quote]
2015!!

True Nutty although the clear inference from the story was that we lengthened his notice period to compensate for the fact that his wages had been reduced on relegation.

I would be interested to know from someone with more knowledge of company law matters than myself whether shareholders can in any way compel disclosure of new contracts given to key employees such as the manager. I guess not unless you have enough votes!

That is how our season will pan out...

We will win all of our remaining home games, where we will bring ourselves to within ''a game or to of challenging for the playoffs''. This will keep the overall mood at home games good.

We will then back up these home games with an awful to mediocre away performance where we drift away from the play offs again.

After a few months of this we will finish somewhere from 8-10th & miss out by 5 points or so - it will look close but the reality is we know we are a million miles from the play offs.

Alex Neil will say how the players have kept fighting right to the end and we were unlucky to miss out & he will probably keep his job as we don''t seem to have a hard nose CEO to put pressure on the other board members to sack him. Assets are sold and replaced with overpriced Championship players & next season will be a long hard mid-table slog where we end up not in danger of relegation & never close enough to challenge for promotion...

Actually, didn''t this all happen under Worthington? or did we end up further down the league?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]True Nutty although the clear inference from the story was that we lengthened his notice period to compensate for the fact that his wages had been reduced on relegation.

I would be interested to know from someone with more knowledge of company law matters than myself whether shareholders can in any way compel disclosure of new contracts given to key employees such as the manager. I guess not unless you have enough votes![/quote]
Where is that clear inference Jimbo?
McNally gave Neil a new long term contract to replace the rolling one. What''s relevant is how long that contract is. Could be anything from 3 to 10 years. If it was 4 or above the new deal was in favour of the club.

Depends on what the notice period/termination provisions were really Nutty.

Either way its galling that someone can be monumentally cr*p at their job and get a multi million payout for failure. Not exclusive to Neil/Norwich by any means but a sad indictment of modern football. As also is someone like Mark Clattenburg becoming some sort of celebrity and being snapped up by Saudi Arabia on a megabucks deal. Very sad.

Rogue Baboon wrote:

''''That is how our season will pan out...

We will win all of our remaining home games, where we will bring ourselves to within ''a game or to of challenging for the playoffs''. This will keep the overall mood at home games good.

We will then back up these home games with an awful to mediocre away performance where we drift away from the play offs again.

After a few months of this we will finish somewhere from 8-10th & miss out by 5 points or so - it will look close but the reality is we know we are a million miles from the play offs.

Alex Neil will say how the players have kept fighting right to the end and we were unlucky to miss out & he will probably keep his job as we don''t seem to have a hard nose CEO to put pressure on the other board members to sack him. Assets are sold and replaced with overpriced Championship players & next season will be a long hard mid-table slog where we end up not in danger of relegation & never close enough to challenge for promotion...

Actually, didn''t this all happen under Worthington? or did we end up further down the league?''''

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sadly agree with everything here.. We already appear to be in this motion.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Depends on what the notice period/termination provisions were really Nutty.

Either way its galling that someone can be monumentally cr*p at their job and get a multi million payout for failure. Not exclusive to Neil/Norwich by any means but a sad indictment of modern football. As also is someone like Mark Clattenburg becoming some sort of celebrity and being snapped up by Saudi Arabia on a megabucks deal. Very sad.[/quote]
Totally agree with that but it''s a general moan which is not specific to our club. As for the deal, try thinking about the facts that we know like Neil got a long term contract in 2015. The article inferred that 2m was 2 years money. So if it was a 3 year contract no point in doing it. Anything longer than 3 years and the club gained by the deal.