Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Where do we go from here?

Correct JS.

The most useless manager in the History of Norwich City.

We''ll never be rid of him because the two turnips in charge know nothing about the game beyond interests of their self exposure.

Bring back Gunny. At least he was a proper football person.

But those names you mention Essjayess are just players AN has decided to keep. This must surely be regarded as his team as he has wilfully decided to retain them alongside those he has brought in. After two years he has had ample opportunity to make sure that the squad we now have is one that he is 100% comfortable with and one that he must now regard as fit for purpose.

There is so much wrong on the playing side at the moment that I don''t see any alternative but to get rid of AN. I, presumably like many others, had hopes that the mini run was signalling a turnaround, but sadly it was another mirage. All the issues since promotion return again and again.

It is just mystifying how the owners (forget the board, the owners will make or approve all these key decisions) do not or will not see this. More emotional involvement clouding sound judgement.

"It is just mystifying how the owners (forget the board, the owners will make or approve all these key decisions) do not or will not see this. More emotional involvement clouding sound judgement.

Agreed.

Wynn Smith and Delia Jones have no right to have such a grip on the Club I have supported since a very youngster.

Come back Smudger.

Totally respect those that want Alex out etc, but let''s face it - worry about that at the end of the season, if needs be. Right now there is still a chance, but there won''t be if we all down tools now - nobody can pick the team up better than the supporters so don''t underestimate your contribution folks. We should never be losing to Burton Albion, even Brighton and Hove Albion either really, but we were never going to go unbeaten for the rest of the season either. It does show how quickly the table alters from week to week, so I''m hopeful that the good folk will roar us on to victory against Ipshite and we can make some gains on Sheff Weds and Leeds before we have to play them as then we will at least put a little pressure back on those teams. The fact is that it certainly isn''t over, but as supporters, let''s not underestimate the effect we can have on the players too. Alex Neil isn''t going anywhere before the end of the season so those that wish him out need to accept that for now, I just can''t see any benefit whatsoever to us creating bad feeling at this stage of the season.

Do you not think Alex, that getting a new manager now would give them the best opportunity to assess the squad for next season, transfer window etc whilst also possibly giving the current squad a kick up the a*** and sneaking into the play offs. Win win imo.

Why should we just accept he''s here for the rest of the season? Oh yeh because the failure goes all the way to the top of the club unfortunately.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="FCC"]We don''t look like a top six side - and the players don''t look like they have the stomach for a scrap, or the togetherness needed.

Perhaps too many looking to leave in the summer anyway?

After last season I''m not sure Alex won''t offer to go in the summer again - and I honestly don''t know if we should let him or not. Somehow he needs to start finding some players with the desire and strength of character he has.[/quote]

If he offers to leave we should be all over that offer like a rash. He is useless. He won''t offer to leave again though as the idiots have given him a contract with a rudiculous payoff. Indeed it appears they may have done so in response to his last "offer to leave" such is their delusion/naivity.[/quote]Jim, when did Neil offer (genuinely or otherwise) to leave? That has passed me by.

Nemzadze wrote the following post at 2017-02-20 12:29 AM:

a clear out it''s the answer ..make it an Alex Neil team ..he has inherited some *** to be fair

Inherited some ****, maybe, but just how much has he brought in??

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="FCC"]We don''t look like a top six side - and the players don''t look like they have the stomach for a scrap, or the togetherness needed.

After last season I''m not sure Alex won''t offer to go in the summer again - and I honestly don''t know if we should let him or not. Somehow he needs to start finding some players with the desire and strength of character he has.[/quote]

If he offers to leave we should be all over that offer like a rash. He is useless. He won''t offer to leave again though as the idiots have given him a contract with a rudiculous payoff. Indeed it appears they may have done so in response to his last "offer to leave" such is their delusion/naivity.[/quote]Jim, when did Neil offer (genuinely or otherwise) to leave? That has passed me by.[/quote]

Sorry purple I was using the turn of phrase from the original post. I took it to be a reference to Neil publically considering his future post relegation from the prem, not him actually offering to step down.

I seem to remember some speculation that he had offered to resign after the Brighton debacle but was persuaded to stay.

I agree with Fiery Zac. IMO there is almost nothing to be gained by keeping AN now, I am not a stats expert but I reckon the odds now of getting into the play offs are very low. Just can''t see any sudden turn around in form consistent enough to do it and even then it needs to be combined with serious implosions or failures from those above (and below as others now have games in hand on us).

In my opinion we will be in a better position to challenge next year with a new man in now, do that assessment and change things round over the summer. If there is a new manager bounce and we get top 6 that would just be a nice bonus.

Sadly it seems as though it''s more likely that Sutton beat Arsenal than Delia sacks Alex Neil before May.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"It is just mystifying how the owners (forget the board, the owners will make or approve all these key decisions) do not or will not see this. More emotional involvement clouding sound judgement.

Agreed.

Wynn Smith and Delia Jones have no right to have such a grip on the Club I have supported since a very youngster.

Come back Smudger.[/quote]Stop being such a fanny broady, if you want to "protest" do it for yourself.

Hi Fiery Zac, I totally get that, and respect that - that could be the answer but you know as well as I do that AN will be here till the end of the season - as you have no belief in those at the top, what makes you think they will make a managerial change anyway?. I''m of the opinion that Alex Neil will be here till the end of the season regardless, that is how I see it, no matter however many rants take place on here, I just can''t see a change being made now. So for that reason, something that is completely out of my hands, I feel the best thing to do is get behind the players and trust that we can show that Burton was a blip and not a return to the bad patch we endured a few months back, because it really could go either way at this point. It''s not a question of ''I told you so'' for me, or Mystic Meg style message board point scoring - I simply want to see the team do well regardless of who''s running the show as that is irrelevant to me.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="FCC"]We don''t look like a top six side - and the players don''t look like they have the stomach for a scrap, or the togetherness needed.

If he offers to leave we should be all over that offer like a rash. He is useless. He won''t offer to leave again though as the idiots have given him a contract with a rudiculous payoff. Indeed it appears they may have done so in response to his last "offer to leave" such is their delusion/naivity.[/quote]Jim, when did Neil offer (genuinely or otherwise) to leave? That has passed me by.[/quote]

Sorry purple I was using the turn of phrase from the original post. I took it to be a reference to Neil publically considering his future post relegation from the prem, not him actually offering to step down.[/quote]But Neil never did offer to leave or consider the idea or even hint at it. This is one of those internet myths created by stupidity and a Trump-style relationship to truth. After relegation Neil gave an interview to the EDP in which he said - in a direct quote - that he would evaluate his own performance, and the performance of others.Despite this being in black and white available for all to see, a poster here reprinted the quote on a thread but changed the crucial word "performance" to "position", so Neil was now evaluating his position, meaning he was considering quitting. Nothing of the kind. He was just saying he would try to see how he could improve his performance as Norwiuch City manager next season, and if there was any doubt the clue was in the follow-up comment about evaluating the performance of others. Obviously a reference, as I said at the time, to the coaching staff. And, lo, a few weeks later Gary Holt  left "by mutual consent..."

Fair enough Alex. I agree he will be here until the end of the season, I just disagree it''s the right thing to do. I will always want the team to do well and I really hope we get into the play offs. We''ll see..

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="FCC"]We don''t look like a top six side - and the players don''t look like they have the stomach for a scrap, or the togetherness needed.

Sorry purple I was using the turn of phrase from the original post. I took it to be a reference to Neil publically considering his future post relegation from the prem, not him actually offering to step down.[/quote]

What are the details of his pay-off?

Well it was interesting that the Club did not come out and refute or deny the Sun story published a few weeks ago by Wyett which as I recall suggested a 2 year notice period.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Well it was interesting that the Club did not come out and refute or deny the Sun story published a few weeks ago by Wyett which as I recall suggested a 2 year notice period.[/quote]So because they didn''t you choose to believe it?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Well it was interesting that the Club did not come out and refute or deny the Sun story published a few weeks ago by Wyett which as I recall suggested a 2 year notice period.[/quote]

So you don''t know and you don''t if if it''s rediculous.

Jim, you''re an absolute embarrassment, just so desperate to believe any old tittle tattle, so you can use it as a stick to beat the club with.The club you supposedly support.

I believe it yes. I believe it for a number of reasons, namely that I had heard the same information from another source previously (although not that it was an amended contract post relegation), that national newspapers do not (contrary to popular belief) publish stories like that on their back page unless they have some evidence, that the club has not denied it, refuted it or taken any action against said paper and that I was again told recently that the potential financial cost was a key reason that Neil was not replaced during our bad run.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]Fair enough Alex. I agree he will be here until the end of the season, I just disagree it''s the right thing to do. I will always want the team to do well and I really hope we get into the play offs. We''ll see..[/quote]

👍

Must stress that I''m not saying ''it''s the right thing to do'', just my feeling is that this is how it will play out. So with that in mind, we just have to put our frustrations aside as we''re still in the hunt, there will be twists and turns, just have to hope that those ''twists and turns'' go in our favour - I know AN should be able to gee the players up but my feeling is that supporters can motivate players better than anyone, I''ve lost count of how many players have said that themselves at their respective clubs including ours, and I''m a firm believer of that. We HAVE to make the playoffs and not accept Championship football next season, as that would be a bit ''happy clappy'' in my eyes - so let''s do our bit and complain when the times right, no point now as the board won''t appease Jim Smith, Broadstairs etc with a change now, there is no chance of that.

Glad to see we''ve reached that stage of the season where some posters realise their positivity was misplaced but rather than actually admit it, will lash out at other posters for being negative.

We''re only a couple of games away from ''pant wetters'' and ''nappy crappers'' coming out again.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I believe it yes. I believe it for a number of reasons, namely that I had heard the same information from another source previously (although not that it was an amended contract post relegation), that national newspapers do not (contrary to popular belief) publish stories like that on their back page unless they have some evidence, that the club has not denied it, refuted it or taken any action against said paper and that I was again told recently that the potential financial cost was a key reason that Neil was not replaced during our bad run.[/quote]You believe it because you are desperate to.Because you are a miserable bastard.

[quote user="king canary"]Glad to see we''ve reached that stage of the season where some posters realise their positivity was misplaced but rather than actually admit it, will lash out at other posters for being negative.

We''re only a couple of games away from ''pant wetters'' and ''nappy crappers'' coming out again.[/quote]Believe it or not, there is a sensible middle ground, which is exactly where I am.

I''ve said before I accept they are not changing it now. I''ve accepted he''s here until the end of the season. Does not mean I can''t continue to comment on here that I want him gone nor that I don''t hope we miraculously still manage to make the playoffs. I still believe we are capable of doing so despite the manager although Saturday''s result has obviously made the task a lot harder.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I believe it yes. I believe it for a number of reasons, namely that I had heard the same information from another source previously (although not that it was an amended contract post relegation), that national newspapers do not (contrary to popular belief) publish stories like that on their back page unless they have some evidence, that the club has not denied it, refuted it or taken any action against said paper and that I was again told recently that the potential financial cost was a key reason that Neil was not replaced during our bad run.[/quote]

So you don''t know and you don''t if if it''s rediculous.

Jim, you must be out of your mind if you think clubs are going to take legal action every time a newspaper publishes an inaccurate piece of speculation - they''d never leave the High Magistrates!. Think you''ll find they reserve that action solely for only the most damaging of accusations.

@Morty

Well you can''t be the sensible middle ground because I''m the sensible middle ground.

Or- shock horror- everyone believes they are the sensible middle ground. I reckon even Highland believes he''s the sensible middle ground.

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty

Well you can''t be the sensible middle ground because I''m the sensible middle ground.

Or- shock horror- everyone believes they are the sensible middle ground. I reckon even Highland believes he''s the sensible middle ground.[/quote][:D]

Not at all. I''ve actually got back into enjoying the last few games I''ve been too a lot more because I concluded that getting wound up about Neil and the board was ruining my enjoyment of games. I''m reconciled to the fact he is not getting sacked and determined not to allow my frustration at the club and board to stop me enjoying my football.

Does not mean we cannot comment on issues on here though both positively and critically.

Its actually quite amusing that posters on here who actually rate most of our players and think they are capable of performing so much better or who want or demand better performances are lambasted as "negative" posters yet many who say we have poor players, "deadwood" or "are a mid table team" are seen as positive. Ironic really.