Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Where do we go from here?

The manager says we are only one win away from challenging for - or at least being in reach of - the top six again, which is true up to  a point as it stands, but there is every chance we will be 10 points off 6th place by the time we play the scum.  (Sheff Wed home to Bentford midweek and Leeds at home to Sheff Wed on Saturday).  That puts the scum game into even more stark position - fail to win that and things will look very bleak. My optimism was high that we had turned a corner, but that optimism was plainly too optimistic.  From being in a position a week ago to challenge the top six and push on perhaps even further, we are as a result of 1 point in 6 in the last two games and the way others are still picking up points, now in another place entirely.  Amazing how one result can change your outlook, but yesterday was like a kick in the teeth.  Win it and we were nicely sitting behind the others, able to challenge. Lose it and we faced being way back in the race for the top six.  We lost it and that says it all. Is it all redeemable?  Of course, but only a win against the scum can get the mood back up again for players and fans  - draw or lose that game and the season is all but over, because I don''t think the team - or fans for that matter - can cope with another big setback in a season of setbacks. Sorry to be pessimistic for once, but it does show how one game can ruin a season. Yesterday''s may have been that game.....but bring on the scum - it''s not over until it''s over - and who knows, a good win there might restore some pride and confidence.  We need it!

One win away from challenging for the top 6? Really? Just shows how deluded he is as we are 2 wins and a draw behind providing Leeds or Wednesday lose! Very unlikely to happen really isn''t it with our away form and both of those to play away too!

Where do we go from here?

The words are coming out all weird,

Where are you now,

Hughes and Etuhu?

The message board''s in pain

Even Baldy''s back again

He''s like Keith Scott,

Only thicker....

We don''t look like a top six side - and the players don''t look like they have the stomach for a scrap, or the togetherness needed.

Perhaps too many looking to leave in the summer anyway?

After last season I''m not sure Alex won''t offer to go in the summer again - and I honestly don''t know if we should let him or not. Somehow he needs to start finding some players with the desire and strength of character he has.

I''m sorry to say this but getting rid of Neil is starting to become a desperately urgent decision.

He is under achieving with a talented group of players and is gradually developing a totally unbalanced squad, over populated in some parts and glaringly short of cover in others.

Next season will be our last with the parachute money and even that will be reduced. We are likely to have a weaker squad. If AN is under achieving with this group how will he do with a smaller squad. The season after will be even more financially restricted.

I''m exasperated that we are risking the oportunity that the parachute money has given us and exasperated that there are still fans out there, like the last caller on Canary Call this week, who think AN is doing a good job and needs to stay.

I can''t work out if I''m apathetic about the situation that''s unfolding in front of our eyes or just bloody angry!

1. Get rid of AN.

2. Get rid of deadwood players

3. The Board need to start taking football seriously and not like some self indulgent pastime.

If we drop fully out of playoff contention then we should sack Neil and bring in another manager to give them the rest of the season to asses the squad and make the changes they deem necessary.

LDC says:

“Sorry to be pessimistic for once, but it does show how one game can ruin a season.”

One!? One!!?

Short attention span?

Best not mention:

Birmingham 3 Norwich City 0

Brighton 5 Norwich City 0

Norwich City 2 Leeds United 3

QPR 2 Norwich City 1

Norwich City 1 Huddersfield Town 2

Reading 3 Norwich City 1

Rotherham 2 Norwich City 1

Wigan 2 Norwich City 2

Number of teams in the top 10 that we have beaten: NONE.

Played 10 won: NONE.

If only we had beaten the mighty Burton Albion.

@Nemzadze

What on earth are you on about? He''s had five transfer windows and about £50m to make it his own team. This is an Alex Neil team.

Making Plans wrote the following post at 19/02/2017 8:42 PM:

1. Get rid of AN.

2. Get rid of deadwood players

3. The Board need to start taking football seriously and not like some self indulgent pastime.

This. A complete clearout of the deadwood from the boardroom, through to the management team and then players. The board have failed as much as the manager and players this season and the whole club and atmosphere feels very different to that when Bowkett and McNally were here. There is a real lack of drive and that starts right at the top

''''The manager says we are only one win away from challenging for - or at least being in reach of - the top six again, which is true up to a point as it stands, but there is every chance we will be 10 points off 6th place by the time we play the scum. (Sheff Wed home to Bentford midweek and Leeds at home to Sheff Wed on Saturday).

That puts the scum game into even more stark position - fail to win that and things will look very bleak. My optimism was high that we had turned a corner, but that optimism was plainly too optimistic. From being in a position a week ago to challenge the top six and push on perhaps even further, we are as a result of 1 point in 6 in the last two games and the way others are still picking up points, now in another place entirely.

Amazing how one result can change your outlook, but yesterday was like a kick in the teeth. Win it and we were nicely sitting behind the others, able to challenge. Lose it and we faced being way back in the race for the top six. We lost it and that says it all. Is it all redeemable? Of course, but only a win against the scum can get the mood back up again for players and fans - draw or lose that game and the season is all but over, because I don''t think the team - or fans for that matter - can cope with another big setback in a season of setbacks.

Sorry to be pessimistic for once, but it does show how one game can ruin a season. Yesterday''s may have been that game.....but bring on the scum - it''s not over until it''s over - and who knows, a good win there might restore some pride and confidence. We need it! ''''..LDC

It is more fun to climb a mountain than it is to climb a molehill....Eric Sykes. those under 50 please google.

I had lunch with a chess champion the other day. I knew he was a chess champion because it took him 20 minutes to pass the salt.

i like the weaving of threads going on, the rich tapestry of City supporters showing their humour and resilience after what some would say was a humiliating defeat.

Clap till ya Snap!

Lets just take each game as it comes. Win the next, hope others go in our favour then who knows. Still lot''s to play for.

Too many of our fans get too excited when we win and too doom n gloom when we lose.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Is it down to the lake, I fear.

[/quote]Haircut 100!Been bugging me all evening, that has!

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]Is the Top Two still on..?[/quote]With Wooster''s, yours and my £2000 bet still on it - and other pledges - and with 90 points still achievable (90 points is usually enough for second place) then maybe miracles can happen?   Win every game from here on in and we wouldn''t be far off second....I''m not banking on it though [;)]

Our manager hasn''t developed as we''d have hoped and continues to make the same mistakes, failing to learn from them. It''s looking likely he''s going to fail to meet his minimum objective this season and has spent a huge amount of money to make us a bit worse than we were 2 years ago when we took over.

However he does have some good qualities, tries to play good football, has in the past had success with this squad, has kept the players on side through some awful runs, coaches young players well and plays at least a couple of our younger players every game.

I think we''ll carry on as we have been. Putting little runs together, winning comfortably whenever a team tries to play a technical passing game against us and then losing woefully in random games or if the opposition just unsettle us too much, scoring loads of goals but making mistakes and falling asleep plenty of times at the back and finish just outside the play offs, most likely really threatening them again at some point during the run in.

Then the board and our new CEO have a seriously important decision to make regarding his future. I think if we have serious ambitions of getting back to the PL and trying to stay there then he should be replaced before next season.

We go to the next game Lakey. Just a week ago we were on top of the world after watching our very own goal of the month competition. Who knows how we will be feeling next week at this time. That''s football for ya[:)]

[quote user="king canary"]@Nemzadze

What on earth are you on about? He''s had five transfer windows and about £50m to make it his own team. This is an Alex Neil team.[/quote]Oh really?..Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, Lafferty, Turner, Bennett,,,for many and varied reasons those are still here..I suggest its maybe a 60% ish AN team..this summers window, as ive been saying since at least January of 2016, will be pivotal, for good or bad.So, you say 50 million over 5 windows?..if that is so, that would equate to 10 mill per window, which, presuming you view us as a Prem club, or at least a Prem club for some of those windows, is absolute peanuts money.Moving on, i think Delia and the Board have a very difficult decision to make regarding ANs future at the club in the summer, do they stick with him, allowing him to continue reshaping the team? or sack him and get a new manager in? There has been many changes at the club, from CEOs to the coaching and recruiting staff, none of which in general have helped Alex one jot.AN has in many ways been a complete conundrum as a manager at this club, as has Citys  yo-yo form, also their yo-yo division hopping of the past few seasons. Only one constant for me...the weak defence. Where do we go from here?...who could possibly  know, we can but guess, mine is that we will be a Champs side for awhile to come.

[quote user="FCC"]We don''t look like a top six side - and the players don''t look like they have the stomach for a scrap, or the togetherness needed.

Perhaps too many looking to leave in the summer anyway?

After last season I''m not sure Alex won''t offer to go in the summer again - and I honestly don''t know if we should let him or not. Somehow he needs to start finding some players with the desire and strength of character he has.[/quote]

If he offers to leave we should be all over that offer like a rash. He is useless. He won''t offer to leave again though as the idiots have given him a contract with a rudiculous payoff. Indeed it appears they may have done so in response to his last "offer to leave" such is their delusion/naivity.