Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The local media 'bottled' it!.

And I must include the EDP and the Pink un here, you ''bottled'' it!.

As a paying reader of the above papers, may I say how angry I was at the white wash they did in favour of Worthington this week.

No searching interview, or reports of his radio Norfolk uttering''s.

Shameful, that''s not sport reporting, that''s cowardice!.

[quote]And I must include the EDP and the Pink un here, you ''bottled'' it!. As a paying reader of the above papers, may I say how angry I was at the white wash they did in favour of Worthington this week. N...[/quote]

Or alternatively, they decided that the football is much more important than a childish witch hunt.

Well done Wiz, unlike some of our other esteemed posters, I tend to agree that the Archant group are consistantly guilty of covering up the issues which they find unpalatable. This is not a conspiracy theory, as it has been proven time and time again in the past. With reference to City, the lack of reporting during the Chase years, the failure to criticise Hamilton, Megson, Deehan etc, and apart from the occasional columns by Steve Gedge & Richard Balls, the poor performances of this season. The copy regarding Mr Munby''s views are a shining example of the ''head in the sand'' style of local reporting.

A number of national Sunday editions were not nearly so kind as today''s EDP.

could you please let me know which of the sundays you refer to rob so i can read them online, cheers

btw, completely agree with your views on the local press, but i wouldn''t be surprised - i am sure there are good enough reasons for it 

Radio Norfolk and Archant aren''t dim; I''m sure they''d love to pin Worthington / the Club up against the wall (metaphorically, of course!). However, they know damned well that if they upset Worthy / the Club they''ll get next to nothing in the way of stories, interviews, exclusives. S, Wiz, they didn''t bottle it - they''re just not being stupid.   

For the pinkun to not innclude the phrase "I don`t care what the fans think" is terrible journalism.

Its just pure bias, at least they could have put it in context and given a reason he was annoyed.

But no, they leave the phrase out all together.

Pinkun, you should be ashamed.

PS Is Dicky related to Worthington in any way as he seems to spend his whole time defending him rather than looking at the serious issues.

Ah but they do report on his "Sorry" don''t they?!!!

I asked exactly the same question in an earlier post - and I know it''s not the moderator''s fault, but there was just a ghostly silence.

How independent of the club are Archant?    I know that they need to have a good relationship with the club but surely that should be tempered by the fact that they''re an independent media organisation.   I''m sure Mr Munby would still be perfectly happy to take the Archant pound for his column even if they did have a little go at that naughty Mr Nigel for being so beastly to the oiks (sorry fans) who dared to presume that he had made the odd mistake....?

Still at least this thread hasn''t been censored!

I have been saying the same thing for over a year now Wiz - it seems they value continued interviews with the manager ahead of serving the community by producing a balanced factual report on what happened.    To not mention the quote or the furore it has caused on their own pages is indicative of the toothless hacks archant employs.  (at least they have had the decency to allows my posts on this to be posted in fall !)

OTBC   

What would happen if the EDP or Pinkun did print a story slagging Worthy?

Would the club stop giving them stories?

To be honest, its a case of the club needing Archant as much as Archant need the club.  It will forever be a boring stalemate.

If you had to pick a winner, I would say Archant because the club, without the voice of Norwich - the EDP/Evening News, they would have to go to the East Anglian Daily Times of which sells about 10 copies in Norwich a week.