Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

1p5wich (aka The Scum) - Team and Score Predictions!!

This forum is far too miserable at the moment. We''ve got a derby game on Sunday. As Alex Neil has said himself, this is probably the strongest squad he''s had at NCFC (this ain''t the place to discuss our season though). Whereas Mick will probably feel he has one of the weakest squads.

Unfortunately that can be thrown out the window for derbys, but lets hope not.

So, team for me (making some guesses about fitness):

Ruddy

Pinto

Martin

Klose

Dijks

Tettey

Howson

Jacob Murphy

Wes

Naismith

Jerome

Worth noting that Wildshut had an excellent game against them earlier in the season so might be enough to put him ahead of Naismith but i''d like to see him in and around the team for this one.

Score prediction? It''s sunny today - i''m going for a 4-1 and lot''s of songs about a certain Mr Holt. Oh, and :

"It''s Wes Hoolahan...it could get worse for Ipswich.....it HAS got worse for Ipswich!!!"

Bet Naismith Isnt back. Time for Wildschut to shine.

Really wouldn''t suprise me if Oliveria is back. Think the 4-6 wks might be a ploy.

He posted a video clip on Instagram last week of his foot in an ice bucket. I''m no Dr, but it didn''t look bruised or swollen, but I believe the official comment was a broken bone, so obvs wouldn''t be able to see that.

Hopefully he will be back, but doubtful personally.

Awful word.

They call us the same though.

Binners and budgies are far more educated terms.

Wellington called his men in Spain (Peninsular War) the "scum of the Earth" but mitigated by saying they make "damn fine soldiers."

The bimen make damn fine losers.

I think 1p5wich aka the scum covers it nicely.

I''m worried by how fragile we are at the moment (i.e. this season) and I think this is the ideal time for the scummers to claim a win.  I won''t be watching frankly, I can''t face it.

Worryingly Ipshit are the type of side we''ve struggled against this season. Defend well, hard to break down, physical & direct. On paper we should really smash them especially with Lawrence out suspended but Tbf Mick Mccarthys Ipshit haven''t had too many maulings. Definitely a side there for the taking but it depends what Norwich turns up.

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Dijks

Howson Tettey

Pritchard Hoolahan Wildschut

Jerome

No worries ICF. I agree it''s the best time but looking at their squad it''s probably one of the worst Ipswich sides in recent years, just with a good manager.

I intend to be too drunk to know.

I''m always pessimistic about this game going 1 nil to the binmen. Please note we could of won every game this season and would in this instance predict defeat😂

To be honest I can see this going t*ts up. Wouldn''t be surprised to see a draw here.Ipswich have run into a bit of form in their last three games with unexpected points at Brighton and home to Leeds - everyone seems to beat Villa at he moment - and we need to pick ourselves up from the Burton result. The good news is that they''ve lost Lawrence which counters us losing Oliviera.On paper we ought to win but this could be the game when Alex Neil''s luck finally runs out....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[quote user="hogesar"]This forum is far too miserable at the moment. [/quote]
You got that right Hoggy [;)]

Home form is indicative of a win but I''m going for one of those so-called "hard-fought" draws with controversy enough to create a mixed post match reaction. No idea how a draw would play out on here... because of our season under-performance, every match now is a must win, let alone against bitter rivals''.

If a good man comes to me and says, "thank you, David, for the opportunity and continued support in the work-related arena, but I''ve done that, I want to better meself, I want to move on," then I can make that dream come true, too, a.k.a. for you. The point is: you talk the talk, you do not walk the walk -- vis-a-vis, you have not yet passed your forklift driver''s test.

Dire away from home ICF. Not seen an away crowd so tetchy as we were on Sauurday since Hughton but Neil will drag a result out on Sunday at home. But expect a footballing lesson at Wednesday the following week. The staggering complacency around the squandering of a PL legacy continues to amaze me. Think we''ll do well to avoid relegation next season with Neil in charge.