Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Tonights Games

Wednesday losing 2 nil to the Brentford and Hudders & Read 0:0 Hopefully it stays this way with Derby currently drawing . Seven points to Leeds and Sheffield. It can be done....Cough

It''s the hope that kills you.

Wednesday losing tonight, play Leeds on Saturday, then they play us - I can see us faring better against teams in the top 6 away from home than against teams in the bottom 6...

Results go our way, we could be 1 point off, or we could be 15 points off...

Huddersfield not far behind the top two now.

One of the three pre season favourites for relegation.

Leeds to beat Sheff Weds on Sat

we ''obviously'' win on Sunday

.....and then win at Hillsbrough the following week and we''re 1 point behind Wednesday.

....the first 2 are plausible enough.

If we harbour any thoughts of getting in the top 6, we''re somewhere along the line in all likelihood going to have to beat someone who''s in there.

....we''re lucky that we''re still talking in terms of having any sort of chance, given our away form and dreadful run from Oct - Dec

"I can see us faring better against teams in the top 6 away from home"

Is that a joke ?

Because our record against the top 6 has been amazing so far. About as amazing as our away form.

I wonder if Wednesday fans are going mental on their message boards?

This continued hope may ultimately kill us but in the meantime it''s keeping the season interesting.

Anyone who watched us at Burton would know it is over.

Clueless manager leads to clueless team.

Gordon Bennett wrote the following post at 21/02/2017 9:59 PM:

I wonder if Wednesday fans are going mental on their message boards?

This continued hope may ultimately kill us but in the meantime it''s keeping the season interesting.

Absolutely buddy, enjoy the rest of the season.

Was just thinking the same thing about the Wednesday board😀

The miserable gits like Tilly seem to assume that all the teams above us are infallible and will suffer no stress or pressure trying to hang on to a top six position.

We have done it before !!!

" The miserable gits like Tilly " Winky have looked at our record away from home this season which is four wins in seventeen and just one in the last five months and have based their opinion mainly around that statistic. I would dearly love to know how you expect our very decent home form to clamber us into the top six with three away games to come against sides in the top six. Sentiment and blinkered vision will not cut it i am afraid.

[quote user="Move Klose"]"I can see us faring better against teams in the top 6 away from home"

Is that a joke ?

Because our record against the top 6 has been amazing so far. About as amazing as our away form.[/quote]

its wishful thinking, but Wednesday will at least come on to us and the game should be fairly open. Wigan/Burton/Rotherham sat in to make it difficult and out fought us. Playing away to teams in the top 6 may just play into our hands

Or we struggle like we have all season...

Yeah but.....
If you''re right that''s the only pleasure you''ll get Tilly.
I don''t care about being right. Just enjoy dreaming and hoping......
And it''s never killed me[;)]

Tilly, the away games against the top six will be completely different to other away games played so far. Different sort of pressures and motivations for both teams. I wouldn''t write us off just yet. I expect at least one of the teams above us to have a bad run.

Do you give up now and be surprised if we make make it?

Or keep hoping and be disappointed if we don''t make it?

I would rather go to every home game with that little bit of hope...

Knowing the law of sod, Leeds/Sheff wed will probably draw on Saturday, making the points difference of eight by the time we play on Sunday.  Winning ourselves will put as back to five points behind both of them, so I suppose that is at better than it might have been.  The key match will be the match at Sheff Wed the following week.

Results went as well as we could have expected. Means nothing if we don''t do our bit but the season still has potential significance and makes the derby even bigger!

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 21/02/2017 10:30 PM:

If,but,maybe should really not be coming into the equation now should it ?

No it shouldn''t, non of us want to be where we are, but don''t let''s completely throw in the towell, there is a lot more football to be played.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Do you give up now and be surprised if we make make it?

Or keep hoping and be disappointed if we don''t make it?

I would rather go to every home game with that little bit of hope
...[/quote]Try telling that to the away season ticket holders [:D]

A great night for us! Realistically we were never going to catch Huddersfield anyway so need to concentrate on knicking 5th or 6th spot. Like a previous post says we could be a mere 1 point off after our game with them!

However with the Leeds v Wednesday game first, would we prefer a draw? Giving two teams still to play catch up on? Or just for one of either to win? If they draw then best case scenario is we are 2 points off both teams after our Wednesday game, if one wins then best case is 1 point off one team and 4 points off the other... Maybe best case is for Leeds to win, we end up beating Wednesday and only 1 point behind them. Then beating Leeds to which reduces their gap to 1 point (with one left to play after!)

Or for Wednesday to win, leaving us (best case) 1 point behind Leeds, then beating Leeds in the penultimate taking us 2 points clear with QPR at home to play!

[quote user="The Engineer"]

A great night for us! Realistically we were never going to catch Huddersfield anyway so need to concentrate on knicking 5th or 6th spot. Like a previous post says we could be a mere 1 point off after our game with them!

However with the Leeds v Wednesday game first, would we prefer a draw? Giving two teams still to play catch up on? Or just for one of either to win? If they draw then best case scenario is we are 2 points off both teams after our Wednesday game, if one wins then best case is 1 point off one team and 4 points off the other... Maybe best case is for Leeds to win, we end up beating Wednesday and only 1 point behind them. Then beating Leeds to which reduces their gap to 1 point (with one left to play after!)

[/quote]Two ifs and one maybe in there. [:D]