Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Neil out

Accept the fact that he is here for the season, they are not going to back him through that bad run and sack him now. In the summer if we miss out on the play offs then he should be shown the door

[quote user="JF"]Accept the fact that he is here for the season, they are not going to back him through that bad run and sack him now. In the summer if we miss out on the play offs then he should be shown the door[/quote]^^^ That.

I''m not saying get a new manager in and things will suddenly come good. Theres a lot of work to do with the squad and a lot of hard work that needs to go into a season, particularly the championship.

I''m saying AN has proven he''s the not the man to succeed in the PL or the championship and a new manager should be given time to build for next season with the potential to inspire a final push for the play offs.

The season so far shows us what to expect for the remainder....a decent home record and a poor away one that will see us just short of the play offs.... With so much at stake financially and in terms of keeping hold of our best players, why wouldn''t we make a change now?

@Trevo Hockey''s Beard

I agree to a large extent but i would query the assertion that we are trying to play premiership football in the championship. Maybe a bit at the back at times when a good bit of old fashioned non nonsense defending is called for but I think one of our problems has been not having enough confidence in our own ability to play our own game (whatever that may be - I''m not sure anyone really knows or remembers). Neil now seems to think that scrapping at this level involves going route one to Jerome and sacrificing ball retention but we should really be backing ourselves to go to places like Burton and give them the runaround.

[quote user="JF"]Accept the fact that he is here for the season, they are not going to back him through that bad run and sack him now. In the summer if we miss out on the play offs then he should be shown the door[/quote]

I agree they are not going to sack him now, especially as I have heard from a source that I trust that the decision not to sack was primarily driven by financial considerations. That worries me because many on here assume they may sack him in the summer if we don''t make the playoffs but the situation may be little different then in terms of those same financial considerations. Personally, I would rather they had sacked him, take the financial hit and not spent millions on Wildschutt but recruited a winger for a more modest outlay.

I did yes, as I''d just started a two week holiday.

Oh football... I felt the forest game was us showing how well we can play with some quality goals thrown in. The goals weren''t all as a result of fantastic play, they were just top quality that put us so far ahead that we could reasonably comfortably see out the rest of the game. We still showed our fragility in defence by letting in a goal whilst having an extra man on the pitch but the cushion was more than enough by then....and I put that down to having reshuffled the back 4 and Bennett getting caught out rather than a mark against overall performance.

It frustrated me as it showed yet again how we can play and how that unforgivably atrocious run shouldn''t have happened. It was during that run that I felt AN had had enough chances and needed to go. My opinion hasn''t altered since then.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]I did yes, as I''d just started a two week holiday.

Oh football... I felt the forest game was us showing how well we can play with some quality goals thrown in. The goals weren''t all as a result of fantastic play, they were just top quality that put us so far ahead that we could reasonably comfortably see out the rest of the game. We still showed our fragility in defence by letting in a goal whilst having an extra man on the pitch but the cushion was more than enough by then....and I put that down to having reshuffled the back 4 and Bennett getting caught out rather than a mark against overall performance.

It frustrated me as it showed yet again how we can play and how that unforgivably atrocious run shouldn''t have happened. It was during that run that I felt AN had had enough chances and needed to go. My opinion hasn''t altered since then.[/quote][:D]

"How about we stop over-reacting to every bloody result."

Where are we in this second tier league then?

Over-reaction?

My bum!

Toad eater (aka Morty) will be the only one happy with our demise.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"How about we stop over-reacting to every bloody result."

Over-reaction?

My bum!

Toad eater (aka Morty) will be the only one happy with our demise.[/quote]Oh Broady, you''re hilarious.[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]"How about we stop over-reacting to every bloody result."

Over-reaction?

My bum!

Toad eater (aka Morty) will be the only one happy with our demise.[/quote]Oh Broady, you''re hilarious.[:D][/quote]

What do toads taste like?

Slurp slurp.

If you find that "hilarious," as you put it, then your sense of humour has to be questioned along with your usual lack of judgement.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]"How about we stop over-reacting to every bloody result."

Over-reaction?

My bum!

Toad eater (aka Morty) will be the only one happy with our demise.[/quote]Oh Broady, you''re hilarious.[:D][/quote]

What do toads taste like?

[/quote]Kinda trippy.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Slurp slurp.

If you find that "hilarious," as you put it, then your sense of humour has to be questioned along with your usual lack of judgement.[/quote][:D]

He can''t answer BroadstairsR without making some silly boys comment or a smiley face.

How many people have posted that it''s not individual results but long term mis-management of the squad and under-achievement that has made them conclude that AN is not the man for the job? Yet still we get back the comment that fans are over-reacting to every result.

When we beat Ipswich on Sunday, which I feel we will do, I will be ecstatic but I will still want AN out because he is not up to the job, long term.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]He can''t answer BroadstairsR without making some silly boys comment or a smiley face.

How many people have posted that it''s not individual results but long term mis-management of the squad and under-achievement that has made them conclude that AN is not the man for the job? Yet still we get back the comment that fans are over-reacting to every result.

When we beat Ipswich on Sunday, which I feel we will do, I will be ecstatic but I will still want AN out because he is not up to the job, long term.[/quote]Because there is no reasoning with him, do you think he''s making reasonable, well thought out, points?

Recent results have changed nothing for me.  Forest showed that we have players who can score fantastic goals.  If you score several goals in a game that are all candidates for goal of the season, with a couple pretty early, then it''s going to be a good day at the office for the manager, let''s face it.  And it showed again our defensive fragility, like we need telling.

Burton showed (just like Barnsley, Rotherham, etc) that if we are confronted by an average or poor Championship team that is very organised, physical and willing to sit back, keep it tight and stop our creative players by fair means or foul, and try to counter on the break, we will give them chances, and if we go behind, we''re in real trouble.

If the owners have decided they can''t afford to sack AN now yet can spend £7m on a winger who is largely unproved, that''s madness in my book.  This season is now effectively written-off - if we get into the playoffs that would be a bonus now.  So it''s all about getting in a new manager (not someone on the cheap) with time to work with the squad over the summer. 

I would never want us to lose to the scum.  But the scum must realise Sunday is their best chance to beat us for quite a while, and you wonder whether a defeat might be enough to push the manager over the edge.  Otherwise as has been said, it looks like he''s going to be here for the season.  So now I''m just hoping we do get rid of him at the end of the season and we choose his replacement wisely (and not on the cheap).

This illustrates that we are well beyond the point of no return with AN.

This will never be fixed, it''s ridiculous holding on to him for any longer.

He''s managed to put together a good run, then one defeat and its AN out again from the fans. And that''s not unreasonable, its a reaction to his tenure as a whole.

For AN to be able to get to a position whereby one bad result wouldn''t cause an AN out reaction, he''d need to go on a run of epic proportions over a long period of time, to win the fans back. This simply isn''t going to happen. Even if it did, this awful run over the last year would be dragged up again at some point.

Managers have a short shelf life, and do not recover after a sustained poor run of form. Fans are very rarely won back either. Nothing different here, AN still has to go. Waiting until the end of the season is grossly negligent and irresponsible from the board.

Our season could have been so very different if the correct decision was made at the correct time (Leeds at home).

@Morty

I''m not trying to get at you here but I think you seem to want everything from everyone on here.

If we win and people are still negative about the manager you get on their back about not being able to enjoy the win/being miserable.

If we then lose and people are negative it then becomes ''well I didn''t hear you making these points after we won last week, you''re fickle.''

"reasonable, well thought out, points?"

What? Is there no end to your rubbish?

Please explain how our league position, in the second tier btw, equates to our expenditure and wage bill etc.

Is that "reasonably" thought out enough for you?

Toady.

No Morty I don''t. But I did think Fiery Zac put his case well and you reacted exactly the same way.

I accept you have a different view. No problem with that.

Why not explain what you have seen from AN, long term, that shows we are going in the right direction and that he deserves to stay?

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty

I''m not trying to get at you here but I think you seem to want everything from everyone on here.

If we win and people are still negative about the manager you get on their back about not being able to enjoy the win/being miserable.

If we then lose and people are negative it then becomes ''well I didn''t hear you making these points after we won last week, you''re fickle.''[/quote]Like I say, I''m a realist, and by that not a whingeing miserabilist who say they are a realist, to disguise the fact they are pathetically fragile.Football has ups and downs, I enjoy the ups, and realise there has to be downs too.And yes they are fickle.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]No Morty I don''t. But I did think Fiery Zac put his case well and you reacted exactly the same way.

I accept you have a different view. No problem with that.

Why not explain what you have seen from AN, long term, that shows we are going in the right direction and that he deserves to stay?[/quote]Or why not read the posts where I have previously stated my view, rather than assuming I''m some kind of idiot?There is a sensible middle ground to be had here that doesn''t involve pi$$ing your pants every time we lose.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="king canary"]@Morty

If we then lose and people are negative it then becomes ''well I didn''t hear you making these points after we won last week, you''re fickle.''[/quote]Like I say, I''m a realist, and by that not a whingeing miserabilist who say they are a realist, to disguise the fact they are pathetically fragile.Football has ups and downs, I enjoy the ups, and realise there has to be downs too.And yes they are fickle.[/quote]

How did you accquire this reputation for eating toads?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]KC.

You are correct.

Morty is the ultimate toady.

He probably even dreams of licking his boss''s backside.[/quote]Broady, you really are coming across as a bit unhinged now, are you okay?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="morty"][quote user="king canary"]@Morty

If we then lose and people are negative it then becomes ''well I didn''t hear you making these points after we won last week, you''re fickle.''[/quote]Like I say, I''m a realist, and by that not a whingeing miserabilist who say they are a realist, to disguise the fact they are pathetically fragile.Football has ups and downs, I enjoy the ups, and realise there has to be downs too.And yes they are fickle.[/quote]

How did you accquire this reputation for eating toads?

[/quote]I don''t think my toad dealer is very discrete.

It''s not about being fickle. I still had serious doubts over Neil after all these decent home wins; however it''s unlikely anyone is going to criticise Neil after a 5-1. These wins are just papering over the cracks.

He''s had three quarters of a season to prove his doubters wrong and he hasn''t. If we definitely slip out of the playoff picture I''d sack him then. No point hanging on and hoping and ending up in the same situation this time next year or worse. This is all getting a bit latter Worthington - hanging onto a manager on past glories rather than the present.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]It''s not about being fickle. I still had serious doubts over Neil after all these decent home wins; however it''s unlikely anyone is going to criticise Neil after a 5-1. These wins are just papering over the cracks.

He''s had three quarters of a season to prove his doubters wrong and he hasn''t. If we definitely slip out of the playoff picture I''d sack him then. No point hanging on and hoping and ending up in the same situation this time next year or worse. This is all getting a bit latter Worthington - hanging onto a manager on past glories rather than the present.[/quote]Completely agree.But its still fickle crying every time we lose.