Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Neil out

"How did you accquire this reputation for eating toads?"

The master of the one liners and pathetic attempts at being funny strikes again.

"Accqurire." One line and he even gets that wrong.

As for toad eaters. Use your dictionary.

You know really ... d i c t

Morty

"Oh dear BroadyBig Smile [:D]"

I am genuinely puzzled as to whether you see the funny side of this banter or you actually take it all seriously .. you tighten screws on a boat for a living after all so anything is possible.

Please enlighten me.

Smiley.

[quote user="king canary"]I''m not sure that is fickle though- fickle would be LDC when we win, Highland when we lose.[/quote]To be fair to Highland, he is consistently miserable.[:D]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Morty

I am genuinely puzzled as to whether you see the funny side of this banter or you actually take it all seriously .. you tighten screws on a boat for a living after all so anything is possible.

Please enlighten me.

Smiley.[/quote]Your "banter" is desperately unfunny.Sorry if this comes as a shock.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]No Morty I don''t. But I did think Fiery Zac put his case well and you reacted exactly the same way.

I accept you have a different view. No problem with that.

Why not explain what you have seen from AN, long term, that shows we are going in the right direction and that he deserves to stay?[/quote]Or why not read the posts where I have previously stated my view, rather than assuming I''m some kind of idiot?There is a sensible middle ground to be had here that doesn''t involve pi$$ing your pants every time we lose.[/quote]

Sorry but that is an unfair mis-representation. I''ve never, ever thought you were some sort of idiot and I have consistently and constantly posted on here that my view that AN should go has been made based on the long term. I have not oscillated back and forth as you suggest.

Not sure where this middle ground is to be honest. Either you feel he is the man for the job or you don''t. I don''t. You?

Is BroadstairsR still in China, scoffing MSG by the handful?

I thought Neil should go during December and am still not convinced he should stay, but he''s here for the season so just need to accept it.

Apples

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Morty

I am genuinely puzzled
as to whether you see the funny side of this banter or you actually take it all seriously .. you tighten screws on a boat for a living after all so anything is possible.

Please enlighten me.

Smiley.[/quote]

Do you have any good toad recipies? I found this one, it involves a peach.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fY-M41FGzI

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]No Morty I don''t. But I did think Fiery Zac put his case well and you reacted exactly the same way.

I accept you have a different view. No problem with that.

Why not explain what you have seen from AN, long term, that shows we are going in the right direction and that he deserves to stay?[/quote]Or why not read the posts where I have previously stated my view, rather than assuming I''m some kind of idiot?There is a sensible middle ground to be had here that doesn''t involve pi$$ing your pants every time we lose.[/quote]

Sorry but that is an unfair mis-representation. I''ve never, ever thought you were some sort of idiot and I have consistently and constantly posted on here that my view that AN should go has been made based on the long term. I have not oscillated back and forth as you suggest.

Not sure where this middle ground is to be honest. Either you feel he is the man for the job or you don''t. I don''t. You?[/quote]And thats absolutely fine, you''re entitled to your opinion, whether I agree with it or not.My opinion is that I see what the board are trying to do, and support them in that, but realise that football is a results based game, and that if he doesn''t at least make the playoffs, then the board have a decision to make.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Your "banter" is desperately unfunny."

Eh?

Since when was it meant to be funny?

Do you actually get anything right?

Toady.[/quote]Oh I assumed you were trying to be funny.#awkward.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]''a decision to make''....so if we don''t make the play offs, do you think he should go?[/quote]Yes.

I always said that having got us up, he should get a season to take us back there after relegation.

For me the season is now over,

A) I cant see us being anywhere near consistent enough to make seven up points up

B) I cant see any of Huddersfield, Wednesday or Reading having a meltdown. I think Leeds will wobble, but will hold 6th.

The time to change is now, give the new manager a a few extra months to assess his options for next season.

Which means come pre-season we will be prepared and ready to tackle recruitment.

How AN has managed to take us from top to 7th, behind Wednesday, Huddersfield, Leeds and Reading is completely beyond me and the defeats to the likes of Burton, Rotherham and some of the leads we have thrown away are nothing short of pathetic and embarrassing.

Well for me... we could beat the scum 10-0 Sunday and I hope we do (we are good enough that it could happen, or at least give them another drubbing (I''m not greedy, 5-1 would suit me fine - although I''m seriously worried the state of our team does give them a very real chance to win....)).

But even if we give them a thrashing, I''ll feel the same way as I do now about AN, because we''ve had some good performances already and then we''ve (repeatedly) had games like Saturday which show he''s out of his depth.  Hopefully I can come on here next Monday and say this again....

Looking back, Neil Adams had quite a few home games when we thrashed the opposition.  It didn''t mean he was a good enough manager for us, either.

If this is being fickle, I''m not sure what it means to be consistent...

If you consider some of the players playing for Neil were here when we were relegated the first time this summer could well be the opportunity to have a mass clear out included Neil himself.

I think we''ve given him a crack of the whip and it hasn''t worked out. Sure I''m disappointed but there''s been some blinding moments along the way.

It''s created such great debate too. So nothing''s been lost in that sense.

We desperately need to start with a blank canvas by the time the final ball is kicked this season. I think a lot will hinge on the right managerial appointment. I know people don''t seem keen on Rowett-Style but if it works to get up towards the top of the Champ despite it''s ugliness then so be it. I''d rather win playing ugly, than lose trying (and failing) to be Barcelona with the sorts of players who aren''t willing to roll up their sleeves on a Tuesday night in Bognor.

"Oh I assumed you were trying to be funny."

I said "funny side," big difference.

Perhaps you are missing tightening the screws on your boat.

Perhaps you should tighten a few screws in your head

Sadly he is still here when he should have gone before Christmas! Hopefully he will go at the end of the season, although with our board he is more likely to get the 10 year contract lol! Between now and the end of the season, I would hope he will stop placing all the blame at the players feet and start to accept he is as much to blame, maybe he will even start to see where things are going wrong during games too! I won''t hold my breath though!

To be honest stuffing Ipswich will be good for what it is. Winning another match well. I hope it is exciting with good football played, but unless we do it for every remaining game this season, this season has been a bad one.

So we can look forward to Sunday but know that the manager is, barring some falling out with the board, here until May.

But I think the majority of the 25K City supporters who will be there are not totally unhappy with our current situation.

And I believe if Steven Whittaker scores a goal to win on Sunday he will probably be voted POTS.

Alex Neil will be here for the rest of the season, people just need to deal with that and move on. Personally I do not think he is the man to take Norwich City forward, and if we fail to make the playoffs I feel he should be sacked.

It says a lot that this thread is started after the first defeat (albeit a very poor defeat) in nine games, rather than as part of an on going discussion.

Broadstairs, please could you stop the silly name calling, it detracts from your argument.....

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]To be honest stuffing Ipswich will be good for what it is. Winning another match well. I hope it is exciting with good football played, but unless we do it for every remaining game this season, this season has been a bad one.

So we can look forward to Sunday but know that the manager is, barring some falling out with the board, here until May.

But I think the majority of the 25K City supporters who will be there are not totally unhappy with our current situation.

And I believe if Steven Whittaker scores a goal to win on Sunday he will probably be voted POTS.[/quote]

The majority are not totally unhappy? That''s not the feeling I get listening to football talk in the pub on matchday and chatting to people in the ground. Neil has massively under achieved this season and last. When did you last hear is name sung? I do agree with you he will be hear until at least the end of the season and probably beyond.

A lot of managers have some performance related stuff in their contracts. It''s entirely possible that being in contention for the play off positions is part of it. If that was the case individual fans stating the season is over wouldn''t hold water. Of course all this is speculation. And I''m sure I''m not alone in hoping it works out for Alex Neil. The idea that a new manager would do better is also speculation.

Ginja wrote:

''''The reality is far more complex I suspect, few good players, several average past it players, some under performing, some just plain bad, an inexperience manager, some rather poor past recruitment, etc, etc. ''''

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disagree with this, in the few good performances where we''ve actually played to the sum of our parts, we''ve absolutely dominated teams this season. Think, Forest at away, Forest at home, Blackburn away, Derby at home.

The players have shown what they are capable of in flashes throughout this campaign, which has only added to frustrations. We actually have a stronger squad now than what Neil secured promotion with 2 seasons ago in my opinion. The first half of last season as well we competed very well in the prem.. How we can suddenly, just over 12 months later, have a team that can''t even compete against soon-to-be league 1 sides, is beyond me, and surely not down to the players at all!

A new manager has the potential to get more consistent performances from this team. It''s a roll of a dice but surely it can''t get worse than this!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]The Forest result made no difference to my view and nor will the Ipswich result save that to say that if he manages to preside over our first defeat to that lot for years then it will mark another new low in this dreadful season.

If you actually look at the Forest game and the Newcastle game they really sum up things. Three early goals against Forest, primarily due to individual brilliance rather than any particularly cohesive team play. We have that in our locker and because of it we will regularly win games. Even Pritchard''s second half efforts were solo efforts. In between we had enough of a cushion to hold them at bay for once but they still had a free header from which they should have scored and scored from a one on one with the keeper whilst down to 10 men as a result of a throughbsll which caught out the central defence.

The Newcastle game/result was another mixed bag. I was proud of the effort and commitment from the players but the defending, especially first half, was at times horrifically bad and we ended up playing like a lower league side in a cup tie against a team we were the equal of last season, simply hoofing it up to the tireless Jerome who chased down lost causes.

Derby had two one on ones where they could and should have scored, one of which would have levelled it before they went down to ten men.

Even during our better recent run, the poor defending and giving gilt edged chances to the opposition has still been present. Sooner or later it catches up with you.[/quote]
Are you really moaning about those goals against Forest Jim? Would you have preferred they were different goals? You really can find something to moan about even the most joyous of things. You could probably out-moan my mother in law. (I love her too BTW!) x

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Oh I assumed you were trying to be funny."

I said "funny side," big difference.

Perhaps you are missing tightening the screws on your boat.

Perhaps you should tighten a few screws in your head[/quote]Yes.I see now you weren''t trying to be funny at all.

So morty writes one word, antagonistic replies all thread against Fiery Zac and Hairy Canary, and then agrees with them in that Alex Neil should be sacked if we don''t make the play offs... Where do you see this season going morty?

Can you define how exactly either of these of posters have been whinging? I don''t really think you understand there is a middle ground between being concerned about the team you support and throwing your toys out of the pram.

Last weekend was a realisation for many that we won''t make the play offs. The final ''corner-turned'' feelings of the season in the Forest game and the vaguely improved away performances at Cardiff and Wigan have now been established as, once again, false dawns. Only this time it feels bleaker than ever.

We won''t make the play offs under AN, I don''t think that is a dramatically negative opinion to have by any stretch. We needed our away form to improve and it hasn''t, it won''t..

The sooner we get AN out and a new manager in for next season the better.

Am I whinging?

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]So morty writes one word, antagonistic replies all thread against Fiery Zac and Hairy Canary, and then agrees with them in that Alex Neil should be sacked if we don''t make the play offs... Where do you see this season going morty?

Can you define how exactly either of these of posters have been whinging? I don''t really think you understand there is a middle ground between being concerned about the team you support and throwing your toys out of the pram.

Last weekend was a realisation for many that we won''t make the play offs. The final ''corner-turned'' feelings of the season in the Forest game and the vaguely improved away performances at Cardiff and Wigan have now been established as, once again, false dawns. Only this time it feels bleaker than ever.

We won''t make the play offs under AN, I don''t think that is a dramatically negative opinion to have by any stretch. We needed our away form to improve and it hasn''t, it won''t..

The sooner we get AN out and a new manager in for next season the better.

Am I whinging?[/quote]Yes.Yes you are.

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]Think, Forest at away, Forest at home, Blackburn away, Derby at home.

The players have shown what they are capable of in flashes throughout this campaign, which has only added to frustrations. We actually have a stronger squad now than what Neil secured promotion with 2 seasons ago in my opinion. The first half of last season as well we competed very well in the prem.. How we can suddenly, just over 12 months later, have a team that can''t even compete against soon-to-be league 1 sides, is beyond me, and surely not down to the players at all!

A new manager has the potential to get more consistent performances from this team. It''s a roll of a dice but surely it can''t get worse than this![/quote]
Not down to the players at all? Are you serious? International players not doing the basics in defence is AN''s fault?