Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Neil out

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"it gives you a much clearer view as to how the team is actually playing."

Does it fcuk.

Absolute nonsense.[/quote]Yes it does.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Was Chelsea''s collapse under Mourinho all because the players had become useless? Because it seems to me like the same squad

+ Kante is now running away with the title..

[/quote]

Mourinho? Conte? Managers influence? pah,

Kante IS the special one single handedly won the title for leicester, with David Luiz has made chelsea champions from also rans and most astonishingly won 3 england caps for Danny Drinkwater.

How well did Tettey play on Saturday, Broadstairs?"

Not a clue, I was in Moscow at the time.

His manager told me that he was back to his best having got over his recent lady problems.

And we thought the bloke with the ''bigger TV gives you a better view than being there" theory was mad. [:)]

Apples, just made me burst out in laughter.

That Grefstad fella''s twitter timeline has abuse towards me and morty etc every couple of months or so since his ban. It''s brilliant.

Are more managers out of work at the end of the season because their contracts have come to an end/not been renewed, or during a season because they''ve been sacked?  [:^)]

ZLF - Maybe he is largely the reason, but many players under Mourinho who were not performing are now playing regularly to a much better standard, you can''t say its ALL down to Kante and Luiz. Players like Costa, Hazard, and Moses have been completely reformed under Conte.

There''s likely to be more managers out of work at the end of the season. I''ll be surprised if theres many managerial appointments between now and the end of the season so I expect those available now still will be at the end of the season.

As I previously said it also gives us a much better chance if our target is a manager currently in work.

Don''t forget we''ve been here before with the ''not enough time to prepare for the transfer window'' excuse, when we''ve had an absolutley dire transfer window.  Does it not make sense to try and best prepare ourselves for the forthcoming season or is that just a crazy idea?

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]How many managers have had their contracts run all the way to the end? If they aren''t looking to retire, then surely they are only ever renewed or sacked before the end..[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]A lot of managers have some performance related stuff in their contracts. It''s entirely possible that being in contention for the play off positions is part of it. If that was the case individual fans stating the season is over wouldn''t hold water. Of course all this is speculation. And I''m sure I''m not alone in hoping it works out for Alex Neil. The idea that a new manager would do better is also speculation.[/quote]

Well, it would make some sense to me if AN''s contract has something linked to getting into the playoffs, meaning he could be sacked more cheaply if he doesn''t.  It would be an explanation for the board keeping him to this point, when almost any other club would have sacked him long ago.  And if correct, then I''d agree, we might as well see it out and save the money - the time to sack him this season would have been well before Christmas.  Yes, it''s just guesswork, but if people are saying the decision not to sack is financially-driven, it is plausible, when otherwise it is hard to understand.  We may, or may not, find out eventually....

As for the idea that a new manager would do better is also "speculation".... well, yes, in the sense that no one can predict the future, so it''s all "speculation".  Keep the manager... change the manager... no one can be sure how it will work out.  But so what ?  That''s life.  The board must make a decision one way or another, and need to make their best call for the future of the club.  They can''t be sure how it will work out, but the decision is unavoidable (and I think we''re all agreed they''ve made the decision not to change the manager this season, barring something catastrophic).

For me AN''s performance going back over 12 months has been much worse than I would expect for an "average" manager, given the squad he has available, at this level.  So IMO if we change the manager and get in a decent replacement, the chances are we''ll be better off.  And that''s as good as it ever gets in football, to say it''s speculation is irrelevant.

I don''t care whether people think this is whinging, I just see it as saying how it is about the club I love.

[/quote]
Nothing wrong with whinging although I think my buddy Jimbo finding negatives from the goals against Forest is a bitt too motherinlawish.
As I think you are saying the board have made a decision about the manager. And every time they finish a board meeting with him as manager they continue to make a decision as much as if they sack him. The new manager effect is unknown and such is speculation. I still remember that "anyone could do better than Worthy" although the result was Worthy could do better than anyone they tried.
Now I''m not saying this about you ICF but many people want the manager sacked to make themselves feel better. As sort of a punishment for disappointing them with results. The reality is that we would be worse off unless the new man did better. I''m not convinced just an average manager would do better. But if someone better was available I''d hope the board would make that change.

Generally I agree with you NN, that there are plenty who are quick to turn on a manager and happy to call for him to be sacked at any bad result.  1st Wiz, bless him, was the prime example of a poster who''d go from saying a manager was fantastic, to calling for his head (in just a matter of weeks with Neil Adams I seem to recall). 

But for me, looking at AN, I''m just painfully aware that at the moment we have a better squad that virtually all the teams in the division, but that won''t last beyond next season if we stay in the Championship.  Realistically this season was our best chance of getting back up and we''ve now blown it - only Newcastle and Brighton should have been competing with us for the top 2, instead we''ve self-destructed and left it open for them to take the top 2 spots comfortably.

Once the parachute payments run out, we''ll soon lose the better players in our squad, and people who this season have been complaining about Jerome missing chances, or Klose making a mistake, or RM playing at CB,  etc etc, will see how good we had it, in terms of our squad, this season.  I''ve been through it already with the decline of our squad after the ''95 relegation to an average Tier 2 (Division 1 as it was then called) squad a few years later.  I hope we can avoid a repeat but at the moment it''s looking on the cards.

I''m not even sure you can class Neil as a manager , for me he is a complete joke , a fraud who remains in the job because Delia has taken a shine to him . Right up there with the worst managers we have had and i was totally against Neil Adams but would take him back in a heratbeat instead of this deadbeat.

Alex Neil is the equivalent to Jeremy Corbyn. No one wants him apart from a few and is hard to get rid of despite not having a clue

A question for the "get rid now" posters, if the club were to release AN who would you want in charge NOW, assuming they would have to be available and then you would be sticking long term with your choice (as he would have had chance to asses the team)

If we wait until the end of the season, the club will have given the current manager every chance, then if they perceive that the job hasn''t been done to their satisfaction then surely the other options available then will be greater... potentially Mr Lambert and Mr Bruce might yet be available. even Neil Warnock :-)

Do you really think we need to wait until the end of the season until we can fairly review AN''s position? It''s pretty evident to me, after the weekend, that we aren''t going to make the play offs, our away form is just too poor. The sooner we get someone new in (I''d take Rowett) the better IMO.

AN will still be manager next season unless we have a catastrophic end to the season.

Of course many believe the season has been that anyway.

Some of you are forgetting we don''t even have a proper Chief Executive at the minute.

Out for me, preferably by Friday.

Should have gone at the end of October 2015.

The man is a joke, should be done under trades description act!

Warburton in Monday morning.

OTBC.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="morty"][quote user="king canary"]@Morty

I''m not trying to get at you here but I think you seem to want everything from everyone on here.

If we win and people are still negative about the manager you get on their back about not being able to enjoy the win/being miserable.

If we then lose and people are negative it then becomes ''well I didn''t hear you making these points after we won last week, you''re fickle.''[/quote]Like I say, I''m a realist, and by that not a whingeing miserabilist who say they are a realist, to disguise the fact they are pathetically fragile.Football has ups and downs, I enjoy the ups, and realise there has to be downs too.And yes they are fickle.[/quote]

How did you accquire this reputation for eating toads?

[/quote]I don''t think my toad dealer is very discrete.[/quote]As it happens I''m looking for a couple of toads to put in my greenhouse. They''re very good at keeping slugs at bay.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]If we wait until the end of the season, the club will have given the current manager every chance, then if they perceive that the job hasn''t been done to their satisfaction then surely the other options available then will be greater... potentially Mr Lambert and Mr Bruce might yet be available. even Neil Warnock :-)[/quote]With the way he''s going Mr Bruce might be available next week. No wins in 9 after £20m spent in January.

I think Rowatt would be a very large backward step, Warburton''s a good shout but always seems to leave a club under a storm for some reason.

I''m still behind AN personally and will be until the season ends.

Villa are a perfect example of how just changing a manager doesn''t necessarily work.

I''m not saying it wouldn''t work in our case but there''s never a definite solution.