Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Neil out

I am not really one for posting on message boards but the situation has deteriorated for so many months that really he has to go

I was at Burton and the fight their players showed compared to ours was embarrassing

He is a poor leader and needs to go

Until we beat Ipswich. Then it''s Neil In!.. and then out.. and then in.. ad infinitum.

How about we stop over-reacting to every bloody result and just see where we end up at the end of the season? He''s not going anywhere anyway so you''re just shouting in to an empty room.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]Until we beat Ipswich. Then it''s Neil In!.. and then out.. and then in.. ad infinitum.

How about we stop over-reacting to every bloody result and just see where we end up at the end of the season? He''s not going anywhere anyway so you''re just shouting in to an empty room.[/quote]

This ^^^ And I don''t think anyone was complaining last week with the quality of goals on display....

No it''s not until we beat Ipswich.

I and many others have wanted Neil out for a long time as he''s shown he''s not up to motivating a highly talented squad consistently over the season.

It''s more important now as a new manager should have the chance to assess his squad for the probability of championship football next season and be fully prepared for the summer transfer window.

Many agree if we don''t go up AN has to go, well the chances of promotion are slim when looking at our away form so why, for once, can''t the club be proactive in planning for next season and give a new manager the best possible chance in succeeding next season (and possibly this).

Unless of course the plan is to stick with AN next season, hope he''s learnt from his mistakes (which hasn''t worked so far) to the extent needed for what will be a significantly weaker squad. If that''s the case, god help us.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Crystal Canary"]Until we beat Ipswich. Then it''s Neil In!.. and then out.. and then in.. ad infinitum.

How about we stop over-reacting to every bloody result and just see where we end up at the end of the season? He''s not going anywhere anyway so you''re just shouting in to an empty room.[/quote]

This ^^^ And I don''t think anyone was complaining last week with the quality of goals on display....

[/quote]

Of course no one was moaning at the quality of goals, but that''s the problem. That performance and those type of goals are what this squad is capable of. That we haven''t seen this consistently enough is why we''re more than likely going to be in the championship next season.

We need a manager to get us to play consistently well over a season, not in fits and starts.

[quote user="morty"]Crystal gets it.[/quote]

No, crystal really doesn''t. He may speak for the Keith Scott''s of this forum but I haven''t lowered myself to that level yet.

Agreed Zac.

The result against Ipswich wont make any difference at all as far as I''m concerned. Two years is plenty long enough to judge a managers qualities in tactics, transfer dealings, man management, addressing weaknesses etc. We massively under achieved last year and are now doing the same this year - taking into account the squad he inherited and the money he has spent.

I''m utterly exasperated with fans who are still saying we need to stick with him despite all the evidence showing he is not up to the job.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Crystal Canary"]Until we beat Ipswich. Then it''s Neil In!.. and then out.. and then in.. ad infinitum.

[/quote]

Of course no one was moaning at the quality of goals, but that''s the problem. That performance and those type of goals are what this squad is capable of. That we haven''t seen this consistently enough is why we''re more than likely going to be in the championship next season.

We need a manager to get us to play consistently well over a season, not in fits and starts.[/quote]

It''s frustrating, I grant you, but it''s the players who appear to be inconsistent to me, not the manager.   Whether a different manager would inspire a change of fortune away from home, or get consistently good results, I don''t know.....perhaps ask Villa? 

Nobody gets consistently good results at our level. Nobody is asking for that.

What is needed is for us to achieve a level, over time, commensurate with our squad and the money were have spent. He has under achieved, not just recently but for two years.

Yes of course it''s the players but they need a manager that will get them to play. Simple case is Lamberts squad Vs Neil''s. Neil''s is vastly superior imo yet Lambert got us promoted. It wasn''t all down to momentum from winning League 1. We need a manager to get us through tough times and grind out some wins,

Also, Neil has been manager for 2 years, Steve Bruce has been at Villa for 4 months. Not a fair comparison.

The Forest result made no difference to my view and nor will the Ipswich result save that to say that if he manages to preside over our first defeat to that lot for years then it will mark another new low in this dreadful season.

If you actually look at the Forest game and the Newcastle game they really sum up things. Three early goals against Forest, primarily due to individual brilliance rather than any particularly cohesive team play. We have that in our locker and because of it we will regularly win games. Even Pritchard''s second half efforts were solo efforts. In between we had enough of a cushion to hold them at bay for once but they still had a free header from which they should have scored and scored from a one on one with the keeper whilst down to 10 men as a result of a throughbsll which caught out the central defence.

The Newcastle game/result was another mixed bag. I was proud of the effort and commitment from the players but the defending, especially first half, was at times horrifically bad and we ended up playing like a lower league side in a cup tie against a team we were the equal of last season, simply hoofing it up to the tireless Jerome who chased down lost causes.

Derby had two one on ones where they could and should have scored, one of which would have levelled it before they went down to ten men.

Even during our better recent run, the poor defending and giving gilt edged chances to the opposition has still been present. Sooner or later it catches up with you.

Not going to get drawn into one of your petty spats and I see we''re all going to be denied that pleasure as you and Lakey are in agreement for once.

I''ve made my point and will discuss if anyone wants to actually address the topic.

As this forum proves, my opinion hasn''t changed regardless of our form.

I posted on the ''who still wants Rowett'' thread once we started winning again and I just don''t think the odd win, mostly at home proves in any way he''s the way forward.

With every week that passes I realise that I understand Football less.

We have one of the best squads in the division (and one of the most expensive), but that doesn''t make us a good team. Crystal Palace are an example of that in the Prem - what a squad - what poor results.

I have said before that i feel we are trying to play Premiership football in the Championship, which I still maintain, and AN''s signings are still more Prem type players - Olivera and Pritchard.

Maybe Dijks is more of a Championship player, in that he gets stuck in.

But what is the magic ingredient, which brings success? Maybe there are several ingredients, but we do seem to be lacking whatever that magic is.

I''m sorry, but I have to come down on the Neil out side, as he has done little this season to show that he really knows what is required.

I think people are living under the delusion that we have a great set of players badly managed and if we just get the right manager in things will come good. The reality is far more complex I suspect, few good players, several average past it players, some under performing, some just plain bad, an inexperience manager, some rather poor past recruitment, etc, etc. 
Sacking the manager isn''t going to alter the rather large points gap between us and 6th and we can''t sign any players so I fail to understand what exactly this achieves, we may as well see what AN can do between now and the end of the season. If we can get around 75 points then I''d like to see what he and the recruitment team can do in the summer but a certain ruthlessness must be applied next season, the club has been more than fair to AN, we should be ready to make changes and quickly.

You are the Alex Neil of this forum Morty...

Confidence in own ability is admirable yet to the extent of arrogance that winds up and frustrates those that should be on the same side, and on performance: some great points and some petty squabbles... which all adds up to inconsistency. Definitely not a top 2 poster but could you sneak into the play offs?

[quote user="morty"]I''d have shown it more respect had you posted this last Monday.[/quote]I''m not convinced that this statement is entirely accurate.