Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Are we all flumoxed?

It seems as if a lot of people are a bit flumoxed by recent events. The fabulous goals scored one week, the improved position in the league and then bang, down to earth the following week.   Just when people thought that maybe things were on a more permanent up, we get knoced back again.  The wailing of one or two pathetic cries of "Neil out" resonate across the message board, but with no conviction - how can we shout for a manager gone who''s team put on the display against Forest, took a point off Newcastle and looked on the up?   Judging by some of the more err.... eccentric threads that have appeared this week, it would seem to show that people are kind of in limbo - are we on the up the table?  Are we on the way down the table?  Are we going to be the team as against Forest or the one against Burton?   Truth is, I don''t think anyone knows what will happen in the next few games.  It is imo, quite unpredictable. 

That''s what we need after all this shilly shallyinga bit of certaintyyes sirree, certaintythat''s what we need... or maybe noti''ts hard to tell really

Exactly, who knows what will happen. Inconsistency has been all we can rely on this season.

The display against Forest and a few other performances (key word is few) are all the more reason for me to ''shout'' AN should be gone. We''ve seen all too rarely what this very talented squad is capable of and its time to look to the future. AN is not the future.

...and no I''m not flummoxed. Whilst I will always enjoy and have been enjoying city wins, Neil needs to go... That''s the one bit of consistency there is.

People are beginning to realise that the bubble they''ve been in is deflating. This season could be the first one since 2010/11 where we''ll not be either in contention for the Premier league or actually in it.

as we are still in contention and mathematically will be for some while yet I''m not to sure how you come to that ideathough it might be the first one since 2010/11 that the binners win a game against us

might

Lakey, people are entitled to their opinion if they want Alex Neil sacked. As the recent poll suggested, 80 or 90% wanted him out.

We mustn''t hold onto a manager forever in the hope that that one day he''ll turn it around because he might never.

I''m not flummoxed. We''ve been inconsistent and have under-performed all season. Rarely have we looked strong.

We have a strong squad, but not a balanced team, and the selection chops and changes every week (not because of squad rotation)

In almost every interview AN states he knows what the problems are, and yet 33 games in hasn''t addressed them. And the same mistakes are made the following week!

The defense looks in tatters every game, and as someone else has said, AN has now had 5 windows to improve it. I dare anyone on here to defend our defense.

And this from someone who was an AN fan. Defeats against Burton and Rotherham border on embarrassing. I know he''s a young manager, but he doesn''t appear to be learning. I know the grass isn''t greener, but AN has had more time, and more support, and more poor performances+ defeats than almost every manager in the game.

And every game we have absolutely no idea what team will turn out for NCFC. Rarely is it the Forest one!

"how can we shout for a manager gone who''s team put on the display against Forest, took a point off Newcastle and looked on the up?"

- lost against Burton and Rotherham, two of the worst teams in the division, who have found wins hard to come by.

- embarassed 5-0 at Brighton

- 1 away win in 5 months

- we continue to defend abysmally, with the manager given four windows to sort it out.

- we have not beaten a top six side all season.

- 40 million spent and yet some of the dudes above us have barely spent a fraction of that.

Some of the wins at Carrow Road have been fantastic, but don''t disguise the fact that this squad has under performed.

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 22/02/2017 8:53 PM:

Lakey, people are entitled to their opinion if they want Alex Neil sacked.

The sense on entitlement on here is outrageous.

I''m flumoxed.

I bought some powdered water and don''t know what to mix with it.

"The wailing of one or two pathetic cries of "Neil out" resonate across the message board, but with no conviction - how can we shout for a manager gone who''s team put on the display against Forest, took a point off Newcastle and looked on the up? "

What is this nonsense?

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 22/02/2017 9:07 PM:

Ok, I don''t know anyone called Josh though.

Perhaps your flummoxed

[quote user="king canary"]"The wailing of one or two pathetic cries of "Neil out" resonate across the message board, but with no conviction - how can we shout for a manager gone who''s team put on the display against Forest, took a point off Newcastle and looked on the up? "

What is this nonsense?[/quote]Nice to see that after a fortnight away on a fantastic holiday some things remain the same. Death, taxes and the daily cry for help from Lakey [:)]

[quote user="Samwam27"]I''m not flummoxed. We''ve been inconsistent and have under-performed all season. Rarely have we looked strong. We have a strong squad, but not a balanced team, and the selection chops and changes every week (not because of squad rotation) In almost every interview AN states he knows what the problems are, and yet 33 games in hasn''t addressed them. And the same mistakes are made the following week! The defense looks in tatters every game, and as someone else has said, AN has now had 5 windows to improve it. I dare anyone on here to defend our defense. And this from someone who was an AN fan. Defeats against Burton and Rotherham border on embarrassing. I know he''s a young manager, but he doesn''t appear to be learning. I know the grass isn''t greener, but AN has had more time, and more support, and more poor performances+ defeats than almost every manager in the game. And every game we have absolutely no idea what team will turn out for NCFC. Rarely is it the Forest one![/quote]

I agree.  I went to Burton and was not in the least surprised by the performance or the result, so I''m not flummoxed in the least and this is why I''ve felt for quite a few months we should be changing our manager.  The only reason to delay would be until we have a suitable replacement lined up, which is the biggest managerial appointment we''ve made for quite a few years, because he''ll have one season with parachute payments to work with, the current manager having blown this year''s chances (aside from the possibility we might sneak back into the top 6).

FTW

"

Nice to see that after a fortnight away on a fantastic holiday some things remain the same. Death, taxes and the daily cry for help from Lakey Smile [:)]"

Hope you''ve been somewhere hot 😀

I''m one of the deluded ones who happens to think we have a right to top status football.

Big enough city. Biggest club by far in the area (take wee little Ipswich Town by comparison.)

If you want to disagree with me look at the clubs at the bottom half (and more) of the Prem at the moment.

(P.S. Mosul is retaken. Time for a drink or two.)

[quote user="VW"]FTW

"

Nice to see that after a fortnight away on a fantastic holiday some things remain the same. Death, taxes and the daily cry for help from Lakey Smile [:)]"

Hope you''ve been somewhere hot 😀[/quote]Colombia. Amazing country, wonderful people, and never dropped below 25 degrees the whole time I was there, even at night! [:)]

[quote user="VW"]Bogata is Amazing, and one South American Country where they seem to like the Brits.[/quote]I was up on the Caribbean coast, spent most of the time in Cartagena. Incredible place, and from what I saw Colombians seem to like everyone! You can get a return flight for less than £500, and food/accommodation is dead cheap. Thoroughly recommended!

Feedthewolf wrote

I was up on the Caribbean coast, spent most of the time in Cartagena. Incredible place, and from what I saw Colombians seem to like everyone! You can get a return flight for less than £500, and food/accommodation is dead cheap.

Excellent price for the flight, last time I went to South America took me nearly 30 hours, 3 separate flights, did you fly direct?

[quote user="VW"]Feedthewolf wrote

I was up on the Caribbean coast, spent most of the time in Cartagena. Incredible place, and from what I saw Colombians seem to like everyone! You can get a return flight for less than £500, and food/accommodation is dead cheap.

Excellent price for the flight, last time I went to South America took me nearly 30 hours, 3 separate flights, did you fly direct?[/quote]Heathrow to Bogotá direct, then an internal connection to Cartagena - about £550 return, including the connecting flight.