Sign in to follow this  
GPs Beard

Ranieri sacked

Absolutely disgraceful decision and just about sums up everything that is wrong about the game now a days.

Last year was a one off miracle and possibly won''t happen again, he deserves to have been treated so much better than this.

ALMOST makes me reepsect the loyalty our board have shown to Alex (unless we lose Sunday 😏)

The main issue is, as I heard a pundit put it today, modern day footballers are "precious". They can''t take criticism and a teams poor performance is everybody''s fault other than their own. Top flight footballers are happy to take the £60K+ a week for their services, but if they don''t do their job it''s not their fault, it''s the fault of the manager.

Mancini would be a good replacement. I can understand if they have him lined up given how their season is going, look at how we''ve struggled since we slipped out in our third season after spending most of the year clear of relegation and not really mentally preparing for the struggle. It''s harsh but at least they''ve acted before it''s too late.

I fail to see how this is any different to any of our fans wanting Hughton or Neil sacked when we were " sleepwalking towards relegation".

[quote user="morty"]I fail to see how this is any different to any of our fans wanting Hughton or Neil sacked when we were " sleepwalking towards relegation".[/quote]My guess is that it''ll be different because the Leicester board won''t scour the whole of Europe looking for Ranieri''s replacement, before deciding the best man for the job is the local radio pundit.

morty wrote the following post at 23/02/2017 11:52 PM:

I fail to see how this is any different to any of our fans wanting Hughton or Neil sacked when we were " sleepwalking towards relegation".

Er, maybe because he had just delivered them the title?

[quote user="JF"]morty wrote the following post at 23/02/2017 11:52 PM:

Er, maybe because he had just delivered them the title?[/quote]So??Alex had just got us to Wembley for the first time in decades but that didn''t stop people calling for his head pretty quickly. Leicester have won only 5 games all season. I highly doubt the majority on here would be very lenient if it was us.

If he hadn''t won the title last season everybody would be saying this is an expected decision. The board wants to stay in the division, Ranieri''s form was the worst of the 92 clubs and was showing no signs of improvement and they thought a change was needed. I agree.

[quote user="morty"]I fail to see how this is any different to any of our fans wanting Hughton or Neil sacked when we were " sleepwalking towards relegation".[/quote]

Exactly they''ve acted before they got relegated though, it may work it may not,last season has nothing to do with things.

I''m sure all Leicester fans love ranieri for what he got them, but the board clearly want to stay up and has sacked a manager who''s not doing his job.

You can''t just ignore the fact he won them the premier league title and even more incredibly with a shoestring team against the richest clubs in the world....if that doesn''t buy you some loyalty what does.

Would the Leicester board and fans have preferred two seasons of just missing relegation instead?!?

Don''t forget the slightly odd way he got the job in the first place . Pearson keeps them up in unbelievable circumstances then gets sacked , in some part due to his son''s behaviour on tour . The Leicester fans were up in arms and certainly didn''t welcome Ranieri. Then he becomes God. Then he becomes useless.

To quote David McNally. "That''s football" !!

It''s all about increasing the likelihood of winning football matches to maximise the likelihood of retaining Leicester''s PL status. Managers only appear to be able to get a tune out of players for a limited period. Sad for Ranieri but there''s no room for sentiment in football. A focused, proactive and forward-looking board.

I think it simply comes down to whether the manager is still able to get the players to perform to a high enough level, and it shows how ruthless modern football is.

Ranieri has clearly lost that this season and you only get so long, plus I suspect Leicester have someone lined up at a high level to take over.

With Hughton although we were above the drop zone this masked the fact that a team below us had games in hand which put us in the drop zone when they''d played them and we had the final 5 game which were as tough a run is as you could ever get.  From Christmas onwards the results and the team performances were awful (and they hadn''t been great the previous autumn) with the odd result scraped out, so it was inevitable he''d go sooner or later and should with hindsight have been sooner, the eventual timing and selection of the replacement were the mistakes there.

Similarly with AN since January 2016 he''s failed to remedy the key flaws in the team defensively and the squad as a whole has consistently performed well below the players'' ability with a couple of horrendous runs of form so it was inevitable he''d be sacked... hold on a minute...

Yes VW, I''m going to go for Huddersfield as this year''s "Why aren''t we..." or "If they can do it, why can''t we?"

Apples

There certainly aren''t any grey areas on this topic are there.

Its either "unbelievable" or "tough, he''s failing".

It is fairly obvious that directors are not really bothered about supporters opinions. They know full well that they turn up match after match and in most cases have their season ticket money safely under the mattress.

And in Leicesters case, the thought of, lets face it, no big Prem money next season, despite the fact they have had all the CL money this, the driver of modern football has made them commit an act of unbelievable stupidity.

To me, and many, maybe most, might see me as a dinosaur, if this is football then forget it. It is being polarised toward a cartel of a few mega rich, foreign owned clubs that have a totally different view of what started out as the common man''s game that was enjoyed throughout all the ups and downs by millions.

Despite my puzzlement at some of our board''s decisions, their "amateur" approach is far more acceptable than what is happening elsewhere.

JF wrote:

morty wrote the following post at 23/02/2017 11:52 PM: I fail to see how this is any different to any of our fans wanting Hughton or Neil sacked when we were " sleepwalking towards relegation". Er, maybe because he had just delivered them the title?

So??

Alex had just got us to Wembley for the first time in decades but that didn''t stop people calling for his head pretty quickly.

Leicester have won only 5 games all season. I highly doubt the majority on here would be very lenient if it was us.

I can''t see any comparison between winning the title with a team that the bookies had at 5000/1 and getting the favourites for the championship to the play off final?? He performed a miricle where as Neil got a team that should have been promoted, promoted.

Is there any proof that changing the manager has the desired effect. By proof I don''t mean exchanging examples of those that have worked and those that haven''t. Are there any stats out there?

No nutty, it''s a complete roll of the dice. However it''s one some owners feel is necessary. Swansea and Hull have both improved dramatically since their changes whereas Crystal Palace have gone backwards under Allardyce. Simiarliy Sunderland have made late changes and stayed up on more than a few occasions. There''s no definitive answer to the question.

BBC reports that some senior players wanted Pearson back suggests to me that some clubs should probably sack one or two players first.

But of course they can''t because the poor little darlings want to be treated like any other worker.

Well a bacon factory near me is sacking 110 because results aren''t what they expected but the managers are staying.

Can''t say I would be too upset if Leicester got relegated. I enjoyed them being top at first, but after they whinged about and appealed Vardy''s deserved red card last year, together with all the Jamie Vardy masks the supporters wore during his suspension, I thought they were taking themselves a bit too seriously.