Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Leeds v Sheffield Wednesday

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Struggling to stay awake. How on earth are we below these 2 teams? They''re awful[/quote]

They have managers getting the most out of average to decent squads. Leeds in particular look really up for the fight.

Because they do the ugly side of the game and win at teams where we have struggled

We can out play almost anybody at home yet go into our shells away from home

For me two out of owls Leeds and Fulham for last two play off slots. We have good home form but too soft away from home and terrible record against top 6. It is teasing to be close to playoffs spots but I would be very surprised if we made it top half and that''s it

Wonder how big that penalty save could be...

Ex Norwich keeper saving from ex-scum (ish) striker

If Wednesday lose this after losing midweek, how will hat affect them next week?

If and admittedly it''s a big if, AN can sort out our away form we are easily good enough for top six, especially with (hopefully) more players coming back.

Frustrating isn''t it 😒

purely because we have it in our own hands to beat them next week (not that I think we will), a Leeds win would mean that if we win our next 2 we would reduce the gap on Weds to one in the next 7 days.

If we really do think we have a chance of getting into the top 6 somewhere along the line we going to have to pull out a win somewhere against a playoff "rival".....if we can''t then we probably dont deserve to be there.

Exactly GJL. I also think that next week will be a lot different to our recent away games - Sheffield Wednesday wont sit in & try to make it as hard as possible for us (like Rotherham/Wigan/Burton) so the game may be more open, which may play into Wes''/Pritchards/Murphys hands

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Exactly GJL. I also think that next week will be a lot different to our recent away games - Sheffield Wednesday wont sit in & try to make it as hard as possible for us (like Rotherham/Wigan/Burton) so the game may be more open, which may play into Wes''/Pritchards/Murphys hands[/quote]

I''d like to share your optimism, but sadly I fear we''re capable of being beaten away from home against all types of opposition from any where in the league table

....it could as easily be another Brighton -away

I''m with you Baboon.

I''m giving us two more fixtures before descending into miserable old git territory

[quote user="VW"]I''m with you Baboon.

I''m giving us two more fixtures before descending into miserable old git territory[/quote]

Ought to be "ascending" surely?

...well Wednesday have done their bit by losing 2 games this week........over to you Alex Neil to take advantage of it by winning our next 2.

Lets see if we''re good enough to take advantage of this door left ajar??

But of course Fulham could win their next 2 and their game in hand and all of this speculation becomes a waste yet again!

keelansgrandad wrote the following post at 25/02/2017 2:13 PM:

VW wrote:
I''m with you Baboon.

I''m giving us two more fixtures before descending into miserable old git territory

Ought to be "ascending" surely?

Exaulted company you mean ?😉

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Struggling to stay awake. How on earth are we below these 2 teams? They''re awful[/quote]

This league was here for the taking this season.

Even the mighty Newcastle look like a team full of Championship and failed Premiership players.

Norwich havent played well and are still seventh.

Wednesday look weak and are there for the taking.

This league was here for the taking this season.

Even the mighty Newcastle look like a team full of Championship and failed Premiership players.

Norwich havent played well and are still seventh.

Wednesday look weak and are there for the taking.