Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Points dropped on Saturday

Not all of our current play offs rivals will pick up 3 points on Saturday, if only as some a playing each other

Brighton v Reading

Barnsley v Huddersfield

Leeds v Sheff Weds

are definites

I would suggest Cardiff''s resurgence might be enough to take 3 points from their home game with Fulham

so I suspect it will be a while yet before the fat lady takes to the stage

There will be twists and turns before the end of the season, theres no way that the table will stay the same. Lets hope that our recent pick up in form and players coming back from injury means that its us that are "that" team that makes a late surge.

Irrelevant. We have our own issues to sort out before we need to worry about other teams. If we don''t get a handle on our defensive and concentration issues for the run in we won''t make the play offs even if all 5 teams above us have indifferent to poor ends to the season.

If we somehow get the defensive side sorted then beat a couple of sides at home who try and spoil the game and play on the counter and win an away game against a top half team and then we should start looking at what others are doing in the table.

If we take our carry on as we are we''ll be lucky to hang onto 8th

I would hardly describe the points picked up, or lost, by our promotion rivals as irrelevent. Neither would I have thought many would describe their interest in those results as somehow being worried.I should imagine it is nothing more than the idle speculation that goes with supporting a club and so seeing how that club is doing in relation to other clubs, that''s all.And despite your suggestion to the contrary you will no doubt be looking at those results and maybe also see how the leave City in the table.

ps any clues to what is being issued ? perhaps it is some of those clappers for Sunday''s game

I would hardly describe the points picked up, or lost, by our promotion rivals as irrelevent. Neither would I have thought many would describe their interest in those results as somehow being worried.It is nothing more than the usual harmless speculation that goes with supporting a club, and being curious about how well it is is doing in relation to other clubs, that''s all.And despite your suggestions to the contrary I suspect you will be looking at those results Staurday teatime and also looking to see how they affect our club, that''s what we do, us football fans..

ps any clues to what is being issued ? perhaps it is some of those clappers for Sunday''s game

We still have to play the five teams between us and Brighton.

Win them and we have a chance.

However, we must not continue to undo the good work one week by then dropping points to teams like Burton.

The players can do it despite there not being a Holt or Johnson in the team who can lift by a performance.

It is up to the coaching team to make them believe it. I have a lingering doubt that they are good enough to do that.

While it''s heartening to know some of the pack we are chasing will drop points today, the fact that we are incapable of beating an egg away from home makes it largely irrelevant until we sort our travelling troubles out.

So Weds drop 3 as do DerbyBarnsley and Huddersfield drop 2 a pieceas do Fulhamdoes it foretell anything....nodoes it meaning anything, beyond the points dropped.... probably notall it does mean as that the thread will attract those who think others aren''t aware that we succeed by picking up points rather than others dropping pointsor that our away form is abysmal, or that whatever happens we will not finish in the top sixeach to their own I suppose  (which will be seen on here at 2pm tomorrow)

[quote user="VW"]Pretty good set of results today, pretty sure we''all do our bit tomorrow.[/quote]yep, that would set us up nicely to head up to Sheffied where another win would put us a point behind themhowever all ifs'' as we all knowbut a darned site better than having all your seasons hopes pinned on the one game (tomorrow) as the binners have

So Weds drop 3 as do Derbyand now Reading, it would appearBarnsley and Huddersfield drop 2 a pieceas do Fulham

so hopefully a chance to catch up a bit tomorrow