Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

How many points are we likely to need to reach the playoffs?

We have 13 games left, meaning a maximum of 39 points. How many of these do we need to make the playoff places. Last year Sheff Wed made it with 74 points. In 2015 78 points was not enough to get Wolves into the playoffs. 2014 Brighton go 6th with 72 points and in 2013 Leicester got in with just 68 points.It seems that to be more or less certain we would need 79 points - that''s 28 points from 13 games - 9 wins + a draw? I''m interested in peoples'' views as to whether we will need this many.

Having supported City for many years , I feel , as Ricardo does , that this is the beginning of the end ( for now ) of our higher league adventures . We have not displayed nearly enough consistency to achieve a total of points needed to achieve a playoff position . The squad is ageing and stale . It will very likely be a year or two before we seriously challenge for anything . I am not being a doom monger ,, just feel that after this seasons erratic form , the realism is chumpionship for now . That''s not all bad , we can be back to seeing plenty of goals , and more anticipation of success .

Its not about how many we get but if the teams above us are going to slip up.

Wednesday are 7 points ahead. Could be 10 by the end of the day.

Barring a cataclysmic side by 3 teams (ensuring we overtake and pick up enough) then it''s time to give up dreaming this season.

More than the team that finishes 7th...

Its pointless trying to put a figure on the amount of points we need

As it stands, our season hinges on next week

I think if you can get to 75 pts you are in with a shout, I wouldn''t be surprised if 6th spot end on about 78 pts, I''ve had a long scroll through the table history though I don''t any record of 6th spot requiring 80+

With 13 games to go, I think that it is a little early to write the season off. I know that our defence, in particular, makes it hard to be optimistic, but if we did play anywhere near as well as we should have been, there is still some hope (for the next week at least). Getting 70+ points shouldn''t be beyond us.

We need to gain 7 points than the current 6th place, 9 more on 5th place, 10 more on 4th and 14 more on 3rd.Think 6th is our only chance but even that is a slim one.Not only that there currently are two other teams between us and 6th.To get in a play off slot we need to hope that we have a big improvement on recent form (unlikely), Sheff Weds stumble and/or one of the others currently in the play-off places has a catastrophic collapse.(even more unlikely)Fail to win tomorrow and it ain''t gonna happen