Sign in to follow this  
Ray

Attitude is more important than ability

@Ray

But whilst I accept the mindset of each and every midfielder is ultimately set by them and them alone, it can be be massively influenced by their boss?

Absolutely, the speed of the pack is determined by the pace of the leader!

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]@Ray

But whilst I accept the mindset of each and every midfielder is ultimately set by them and them alone, it can be be massively influenced by their boss?

Absolutely, the speed of the pack is determined by the pace of the leader![/quote]Alternatively, the speed of the pack is determined by the slowest member. For every proverb there is an opposite, which is why such dicta offer little illumination!
Nor, with respect to Ray, does a generalisation about bosses exercising massive influence. It is true, for example, that a good head teacher is almost certain to be found at the top of any good school, but this is not because his influence is enough to turn failing teachers into good ones. It works by getting rid of poor teachers and replacing them with better ones.

I agree Westcoast, but, whether the teacher is good or poor they can be influenced. Not to say you couldn''t empty better but my point is we''ve got what we''ve got and they are good enough

On my way to the game now. OTBC

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]@Ray

Absolutely, the speed of the pack is determined by the pace of the leader![/quote]Alternatively, the speed of the pack is determined by the slowest member. For every proverb there is an opposite, which is why such dicta offer little illumination!
Nor, with respect to Ray, does a generalisation about bosses exercising massive influence. It is true, for example, that a good head teacher is almost certain to be found at the top of any good school, but this is not because his influence is enough to turn failing teachers into good ones. It works by getting rid of poor teachers and replacing them with better ones.
[/quote]

Unless of course, circumstances change and the level at what a teacher is considered good is raised thus meaning there might be more teachers considered failures.

Of course, the easy way out which is for the level to be lowered thus increasing the apparent number of good teachers.