Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Lose Sunday and he's gone, else he's here for the season

Defeat Sunday, yes its against the scum, but would be just another game, therefore 2 defeats in a row, but he has survived worse, and I don''t see this one being any different.

Anyways we aren''t going to get beat Sunday, so it''s irrelevant. 😋😋😋

OTBC.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Heard this straight from the mouth of one of the many horses running the club

So make your choice people?[/quote]As far as this decision is concerned there are only six such people, so it would have to be straight from one of those.

If you remove the fact that it''s Ipswich Sunday, and the question is, in my mind, irrelevant. I''m sure the BOD will view it the same way, just another game.

The fact it''s a derby adds a little more spice, especially for the fans, but that''s all.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Heard this straight from the mouth of one of the many horses running the club

So make your choice people?[/quote]The club is run by ''many horses'', sounds like someones American Indian name.Is one of the horses called ''Winnie''?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Heard this straight from the mouth of one of the many horses running the club

So make your choice people?[/quote]As far as this decision is concerned there are only six such people, so it would have to be straight from one of those.[/quote]Knowing the OP and alsp aware of a recent event, I think this post is entirely credible........"The Trust board were delighted that the meeting was attended by Club

director Tom Smith who noted a variety of issues that he will discuss

with the Club Board and was very happy to chat with fans after the

meeting".
Perhaps Tom is starting to find his way.

Don''t see him being shifted under almost any circumstances this season. There may be a rethink over the summer but I wouldn''t want to bet on it.

[quote user="ricardo"]Don''t see him being shifted under almost any circumstances this season. There may be a rethink over the summer but I wouldn''t want to bet on it.[/quote]

Well, let''s face it, being in the Prem is over-rated...

Joking.. It''s like deja vu for the years after the ''95 relegation...

And a manager''s fate shouldn''t be decided by one game, which can go either way.  Either he has shown he''s good enough to manager the club over the last 2 years, or not - one result shouldn''t make the difference.

I think it''s exactly that. We look set for a longish stint in this league whoever is in change.

What''s the point in sacking him at this point? Only superman could get us promoted if we lose the derby. We''d either have to appoint a temporary manager and run the club on an ad hoc basis with corresponding uncertainty for the squad, or cast around for whoever is available, which at this stage of the season is likely to be an uninspiring choice. Better to let him go at the end of the season so it looks dignified - better for AN, easier to move somewhere else - and negotiate a lower payoff as a result.

"And a manager''s fate shouldn''t be decided by one game, which can go either way. Either he has shown he''s good enough to manager the club over the last 2 years, or not - one result shouldn''t make the difference."

Strange logic there. We''ve hardly convinced all season.

Lose this one following on from so many bad displays?

Last straw and all that.

I''m afraid to say I think you''re right Cantiaci.

I think they may well decide he''s the man to oversee a root band branch overhaul of the squad with so many being out of contract and see how he went with "his own team"

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I''m afraid to say I think you''re right Cantiaci.

I think they may well decide he''s the man to oversee a root band branch overhaul of the squad with so many being out of contract and see how he went with "his own team"[/quote]Exactly how many more players and transfer windows does AN need then Hairy before we see " his own team " ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]I''m afraid to say I think you''re right Cantiaci.

I think they may well decide he''s the man to oversee a root band branch overhaul of the squad with so many being out of contract and see how he went with "his own team"[/quote]Exactly how many more players and transfer windows does AN need then Hairy before we see " his own team " ?[/quote]

There was a good contingent out of contract last season and we went for the cheap option and renewed many of their contracts. We''ve looked far from convincing all season, but I see no one strong enough on the board to sack him

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]I''m afraid to say I think you''re right Cantiaci.

I think they may well decide he''s the man to oversee a root band branch overhaul of the squad with so many being out of contract and see how he went with "his own team"[/quote]Exactly how many more players and transfer windows does AN need then Hairy before we see " his own team " ?[/quote]
Totally agree Til. He is way past his sell by date in my eyes and where we are now is entirely down to him.
I just feel that the board have this blind faith in him, otherwise surely he would have been gone long before now, and will entrust the rebuilding job in the summer to him. I desperately hope I''m wrong

''''So win on Sunday then lose the next six and he''d still be here at the end of the season? ''''....Shucko

I fear that that''s about the size of it.

Really wish I knew what so many people see in Warburton. Would be nothing but a sideways step.

As much as I''d like to see him replaced soon. I hope you''re wrong OP as it would mean we''re being run amateurishly and with our fingers crossed. Either he''s the man to implement an effective style of play and to get us into the PL or he isn''t, short periods of bad form shouldn''t be enough for him to lose his job, likewise, what he did 2 years ago shouldn''t be enough for him to dine on forever.

They made the choice to stick with him through the transfer window. If he goes now they''ll be basically admitted they''be fu(ked this entire season up and have been completely wrong in their approach.

The reason I think he''s still here is because secretly, they think Championship consolidation this year wouldn''t be the end of the world (In footballing terms). But that topic''s been done to death so i''ll leave it there...

[quote user="ricardo"]I think it''s exactly that. We look set for a longish stint in this league whoever is in change.[/quote]I think this post qualifies you for the miserable old gits club ricardo or at the very least a whinger. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="ricardo"]I think it''s exactly that. We look set for a longish stint in this league whoever is in change.[/quote]I think this post qualifies you for the miserable old gits club ricardo or at the very least a whinger. [:D]

[/quote]

A study of the past is usually a good predictor of the future.I think this season has gone and next, thanks to the parachute payments, will be the last decent opportunity for promotion. If that fails then the longer term future looks somewhat bleak.That analysis doesn''t make me happy but reality is what it is. Lambert saved us from that fate once but lightening seldom strikes twice in the same place. If that makes me a miserable git, then so be it.

Samwam: There was a good contingent out of contract last season and we went for the cheap option and renewed many of their contracts.

I''m happy to be corrected, but wasn''t Whittaker the only contract that got renewed / offered a 1 year contract? The others, who many wanted out - Lafferty, Bassong, Mulumbu, Turner et al, all had contracts to the end of this season anyway and we haven''t been able to sell them or no one is prepared to match their salaries.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="ricardo"]I think it''s exactly that. We look set for a longish stint in this league whoever is in change.[/quote]I think this post qualifies you for the miserable old gits club ricardo or at the very least a whinger. [:D]

[/quote]

A study of the past is usually a good predictor of the future.I think this season has gone and next, thanks to the parachute payments, will be the last decent opportunity for promotion. If that fails then the longer term future looks somewhat bleak.That analysis doesn''t make me happy but reality is what it is. Lambert saved us from that fate once but lightening seldom strikes twice in the same place. If that makes me a miserable git, then so be it.[/quote]I wholeheartedly agree ricardo with every word you say but i was taken to task on another thread for using the word '' reality '' and on yet another thread was described as a '' miserable old git '' when i told posters to give up on the notion that we would make the top six.

If people want to fantisise about Auto or the Playoffs then it''s entirely up to them. Personally I realised that we had no chance of the former quite early on. The average goals against per game was quite revealing in that respect.

The Playoffs remain a possibility but now no better than a 2-1 against xhance.