Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Jerome and Naismith.

Lol, suggest you watch Jerome''s performance again Keith.

Jerome was poor today, I don''t see how anyone can argue that. But he''s been very good lately so I''ll let him off. On the other hand, I''ve never seen Naismith have a good game.

Naismith was back to jogging in a ten yard area pointing and only occasionally getting forward, not good today, looked better once Josh came on that side.

Jerome was very solid again, no complaints on his running and effort, but his finishing was lacking today.

Not a great result but at least we got a point today, at one point it looked like we''d lose!

Howson was so deep he didn''t influence the game as I thought he would and Wes was very quiet for a derby game.

I''m going to defend Jerome as this is annoying now. You know what you get with him and the fact that so many people constantly come out to put him down after every game just baffles me.

He isn''t Ronaldo, Messi or Alan Shearer. You must know by now he misses chances, has his off days and you get that with basically 99% of strikers at this level. He''s up front on his own and shows more determination than anyone to try and chase everything down... He creates things that no one else would in our entire team.

Not sure what some people want from the guy because no one scores every single shot they have. I''d understand if he was lazy or actually didn''t score much but being our top scorer for a couple of seasons now I don''t know how everyone constantly bangs on about the guy not being good enough. Maybe help up with him would make a difference?

Aside from that, Naismith is just lacklustre in everything he does except his ability to remonstrate with the referee. World class at that.

How the hell was Jerome outstanding? Missed a simple header and constantly offside! If that''s outstanding to some of you no wonder so many think it''s been an acceptable season!

Two be fair he missed 2 or 3 free headers and was hardly moving by the end of the match. The fact that we have no more than 2 viable strikers at this stage of the season is scandalous.

Jerome is what he is, a wholehearted lone front man who puts himself about and unsettles defences. What you also get with him is a striker who will work a good number of clear chances. Unfortunately, only around 20% of these will be converted.

Naismith also is what he is - a complete waste of space (and money).

The point about him being knackered by the end of the game is a valid one to be fair but that shows the ineptitude of our failing manager in that he could have swapped Jerome for Lafferty, and also the fact that the only alternative to Jerome currently is Lafferty because Neil failed to get the striker situation sorted in the January window!

Jerome missed two gilt edged chances. Probably match winning chances.

On the other hand he ran and ran and ran and made him self available in a setup where nobody was bold (or told) enough to make a run for him.

In the physical sense of the game, Jerome is an 8/9 out of 10 pretty much every game he plays. He''s stronger and faster than most defenders below the top 8 in the PL and can dominate the whole final third in certain games.

Unfortunately he really isn''t all that in the technical side of things and it does show in games where we dominate the play.

The bloke gives everything he has and you can''t ask for more than that. (Jerome obviously not Naismith!)

The real issue is that we have spent millions and millions of pounds on players that can''t get in the team and are one injury away from the waste of space Lafferty being our alternative striker. No wonder Jerome can''t get a rest.

Naismith seems a waste of space totally ineffective, Why does this Manager persist with him. Jerome cannot be subbed so why does Neil consistently put the waster Lafferty on the bench.

He did for one game certainly. And 1st half he was out on the left and their 5 in the middle gave him no room.

2nd half he was more central but had no space to play in and was totally lost.

Funny Naismith played well in January, prior to and now after we shall see if mr semaphor signalman can keep up his level of performance he''s shown glimpses of.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Two be fair he missed 2 or 3 free headers and was hardly moving by the end of the match. The fact that we have no more than 2 viable strikers at this stage of the season is scandalous.[/quote]or maybe just down to injuriesit does happen after nearly seven months of a seasonso I would hardly call it ''scandalous''