Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Season over on the pitch

Little chance of making the top six with our awful away form, and winning out home games (assuming we can) won''t be enough.

Time to have a look at some of our young prospects coming through like Godfrey and Thompson, give them some first team experience and get them prepared for bigger roles next season when we sell on some of the old guard in the summer.

Time also to start scouring all of Europe for a new manager. Alex Neil has reached the end of his useful life for us. Hopefully we can at least get this sorted and move quickly when May rolls around so the new manager has time to assess the squad and bring in his own targets..

Just as we looked to be building momentum we take 2 points from Newcastle, Burton and Ipswich. There is no way we are going to scrape the playoffs as we just can''t put any kind of run together.

I do not think Alex Neil will be leaving any time soon. With the club being run on a friends & relatives ''happy clap'' model, Neil will be here until at least next Christmas. I''ve already written off next season.

I''m still not convinced AN actually picks the team, I can only come to the logic he uses a bingo machine to do it each week....

I think we will beat Wednesday next weekend, suddenly we will be 3 points behind and we will believe it is possible again.

Then we will lose to Bristol City and find ourselves even further behind...