Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Good performance

Though t we played well apart from Wes who looked off form. difficult match but lack of quality striker showed ,think olivera would have made a difference. can''t see us going up this season ,hard games coming up ,next season hopefully .

We were the better team by far, just finishing let us down. Their keeper had a great game despite the fact he let Jacobs shot in.

No, only 20+ shots. Not clinical enough today, and surprisingly underwhelming performances from key players, but really we should have been out of sight. Their keeper kept them in it.

We were ok, no better than that. As usual, poor defending and finishing let us down. How you can have 14 corners and create absolutely nothing from them is beyond my comprehension. Ipswich were poor.

Awful Ipswich team full of players released by clubs in lower leagues and we still didn''t beat them.

Yes, they set their stall out but you just knew that we would go to sleep once and Jacob gifted them their goal. Their only worthwhile attempt.

Naismith was moved all over the pitch apart from his preferred one and the same happened to Pritchard when he came on.

Still no courage from the manager I''m afraid. It was obvious from the off that they weren''t there to entertain. Think we could have played far higher up the pitch.

Who would be your choice for manager then Broadstairs? Bruce? Lambert?

Nah it was a good all round effort, just Wes & Howson off their game. Funny how when these two are on form we get lots of goals.

Thought Pinto & Dijks were superb, will be sorely missed next season if we don''t go up.

We were totally in control but I wouldn''t call it a good performance, certainly not to the level needed to be challenging for the play offs.

I know it won''t happen, but if I were on the board I would be looking at changing the manager tonight. Under Neil the season is realistically now over, so I would throw the dice and if Hodgson were interested give him the role until the summer, and pray he had that new manager bounce to get us into contention.

"Who would be your choice for manager then Broadstairs? Bruce? Lambert?"

What is this obsession with having "choice" of a replacement?

Does not having a particular "choice" make him any better a manager?

Hopeless is hopeless. Get rid

(I would bring in Delia''s friend Woy. A bit of status at least. He could spin a few necessary wins in a row that we need and would possibly make our season.

Temporary though.)

Was an ok performance for me. The defence let us down again conceding from a straight forward ball to the far post. It''s our Achilles heal again. No need to create something special I''m afraid.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Was an ok performance for me. The defence let us down again conceding from a straight forward ball to the far post. It''s our Achilles heal again. No need to create something special I''m afraid.[/quote]

The goal wasn''t the defence''s fault. Klose was marking, Martin stayed spare and Pinto was marking. Murphy ball watched a left his man for an untouched free header.

Obvious mistake from Murphy aside, I thought Dijks (who had a good game overall), could have done a lot more to prevent the cross coming in.

Agree with that Ian, he turned his back as the ball was crossed. But there were also plenty of opportunities to be get a tackle in as they played their way through the thirds.

I wouldn''t blame Dijks. Naismith was closer to the crosser when he received the ball but just pointed at him and did nothing himself. Sent a few folks around me apoplectic.

I thought we played well overall today. Wes and Naismith were a bit disappointing though, perhaps the latter can be excused as he has just been injured nothing really seemed to be coming off for him apart from one very nicely hooked clearance to Murphy.

Dijks was awesome, should be playing in the prem! Murphy had some great touches too and his decision making seems to have improved. Martin as well had a solid game, can''t recall him putting a foot wrong actually.

Another day we win that game comfortably! Just a shame its killed off our play-off hopes, a win would''ve put us back in - albeit unlikely - contention.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]Was an ok performance for me. The defence let us down again conceding from a straight forward ball to the far post. It''s our Achilles heal again. No need to create something special I''m afraid.[/quote]

The goal wasn''t the defence''s fault. Klose was marking, Martin stayed spare and Pinto was marking. Murphy ball watched a left his man for an untouched free header.[/quote]

Martin is always spare points at other people to pick up

He''s playing as a centre back even if he isn''t one he should be marking someone at crosses not just standing there

If Martin had been marking their left wing back (who scored the goal) there would have been a bloody great gap in the middle of the defence that you would be moaning about. He can''t mark someone who isn''t there.

It was a good performance and Naismith was at fat for not getting to the guy who crossed the ball in.

I''ve been wavering on whether Niall should stay ot go and I''ve come to the conclusion he should stay.

There are some players that we need to be rid of, not rhe manager.

It''s unfortunate that the manager either signed the players we need rid off or they''re only in the team as his replacements are no better than said players.

Two seasons of failing to meet his objectives, despite spending, in our terms, an absolute fortune. The buck has to stop with him. We are no better now than the team he inherited from Adams.