Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Say what you like about Mick he's a good manager.

Given the shite he''s had to work with and that environment, he''s a bloody miracle worker.

Not stink I''d want him here but gets more out of his ragbag set of players in effort and organisation then AN ever has! Just shows how far our team of 57 million pounds is underperforming.

He knows how to set up a team and get the best out of them. Wouldn''t surprise me if he gets a job in the Prem next season.

He''s far better than Ipswich...

Just noticed......."don''t think"that should say........

You might be right, certainly can get more out of players than most at this level.

I agree, i dont like the football his teams play but he is a good manager. On the up side i think Ipswich will make a change in manager, i then think they''ll realise just what a good job he''s done on zero resources.

Iwan Roberts was spot on when he said that if McCarthy was our manager that our defenders would have learned how to defend properly by now!

We''ve already got a manager who sets up to stop the opposition on most occasions.

McCarthy could have brought in players with a bit more attacking intentions but instead has chosen to bore and defend his way to safety. Fair enough and he might well have added something to our defensive setup.

Does anyone at NCFC really want that week in week out?

is he a good manager?.....I don''t think I''ve seen a team more guilty of being blatantly instructed by a manager to lump it aimlessley forward.

yes, we''re guilty of a long ball, but by and large its for someone to run onto.

Berra for instance, every time is just putting his foot through it as hard and long as he can, and theyve been doing this for a few seasons now.

regardless of resources , its a fairly low grade of football

No Nutty, I''m bored with the match days, doesn''t matter who the manager is, I''ve not renewed and won''t change my mind thanks.

Just making the point that he''s spent something like a tenth of what AN has in his time with the binners and he got an inferior team to draw both times with us.

Like I said if you bothered to read my op I wouldn''t want him here but he''s definitely got more about him that AN.

[quote user="Indy"]No Nutty, I''m bored with the match days, doesn''t matter who the manager is, I''ve not renewed and won''t change my mind thanks.

Just making the point that he''s spent something like a tenth of what AN has in his time with the binners and he got an inferior team to draw both times with us.

Like I said if you bothered to read my op I wouldn''t want him here but he''s definitely got more about him that AN.[/quote]About twenty yearsand if he was that good why hasn''t he moved on to somewhere that doesn''t deny him the riches he supposedly derseves ?

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Nobody said he was good. Just that he had more about him than AN[/quote]maybe you should check the thread title

To be honest it would be harder for a manager not to get our squad in the top 6 of this league. So would McCarthy have done better than Neil with this squad? No one knows for sure but the chances are he would have

He is a good manager, like it or not, he''s got a pile of shite and we''ve not managed to beat them this season.

£57 million worth of AN signings and we can''t beat them, I''d say he''s a good manager, but heck you can all form your own opinions.

[quote user="Bulldog Rummin"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]Nobody said he was good. Just that he had more about him than AN[/quote]maybe you should check the thread title[/quote]
Stand corrected City 1st. For the record I think he''s bang average but the over riding sentiment of the thread was that he is over achieving with his band of journeymen where as AN is under achieving with a much more superior squad.

[quote user="Indy"]He is a good manager, like it or not, he''s got a pile of shite and we''ve not managed to beat them this season.

£57 million worth of AN signings and we can''t beat them, I''d say he''s a good manager, but heck you can all form your own opinions.[/quote]£57m signingshow come you get the exact contract details and we don''t ?and two games are hardly any measure of a managers competencebut thanks for allowing us to form our own opinions, I''m sure many would have not known what to do otherwise

Doesn''t a manager over achieving deserve the title Good?

Or is an under achieving manager tagged as Good Young?

[quote user="Indy"]...... but heck you can all form your own opinions.[/quote]or notas it would now seem

[quote user="Highland Canary"]McCarthy, much like Lambert, gets more from his team than the sum of the parts. No one could accuse Neil of that.[/quote]  Villa, Blackburn, Wolves

Well he''s certainly getting more out of his team than Bruce at Villa or Lambert at Wolves and Blacburn. Or even Lennon did at Bolton. So better than them for sure. But for me you lot can keep him. 

Bulldog Rummin wrote:

''''£57m signings

how come you get the exact contract details and we don''t ?''''

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FFS every single time anyone mentions a transfer fee you jump all over them.

Are you trying to suggest that we haven''t spent a fortune on players when compared to Ipswich? Because that''s the sentiment here, no need for you to be pedantic about it - if we can''t use the reported figures as an estimation of a player''s fee than what can we use? Just nothing - don''t use them? I really don''t understand the point you are making.

I bet you point blank refused to attempt Physics questions at school because wind resistance is not accounted for in the answers..

Someone else who thinks you''re pedantic in order to derail the point being made Bulldog. When there''s something you don''t like you spout some vitriol and lo and behold the point being made is lost.
You got a view on the subject?