Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

So, on to Sheffield Wednesday...

Our biggest game of the season to date, and reading Owlstalk suggests they aren''t overly confident. Are away record has been pretty horrendous but I will be surprised if we manage to only score 1 goal or less for the third game in a row, so that coupled with the fact Wednesday''s record against those around the Top 10 or so leaves me feeling reasonably confident that we might throw the Play Off chase wide open. Sorry I can''t link properly on my iPhone but here''s their thread on their forum if you want to copy and paste 👍

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/251937-team-for-norwich/

*Our!. Also, I''ve not noticed how they''ve been performing at home but their thread suggests sluggish sideways football so hopefully we don''t match them in this department! It seems they''ve been performing better away from home. If only we could have Oliveira back on the bench for this game, I love Cam but worry about the burden being solely at his feet.

[quote user="Alex "]*Our!. Also, I''ve not noticed how they''ve been performing at home but their thread suggests sluggish sideways football so hopefully we don''t match them in this department! It seems they''ve been performing better away from home. If only we could have Oliveira back on the bench for this game, I love Cam but worry about the burden being solely at his feet.[/quote]For a footballer as good a place as any [;)]

Need to get at them.  The players will know this is pretty much a last chance saloon for getting back towards the play offs.  Sheff Wed will be feeling the pressure, so a result is possible. But we have to turn up with all guns blazing!

Yep, I kinda thought that as I hit ''post'' ASMS!.

Fulham and Wednesday both got horrendous fixtures in March, ours reads like this -

Sheff Wed

Sky Bet Championship

ASat 04 Mar 2017 15:00

Bristol C

Sky Bet Championship

ATue 07 Mar 2017 19:45

Blackburn

Sky Bet Championship

HSat 11 Mar 2017 15:00

Barnsley

Sky Bet Championship

HSat 18 Mar 2017 15:00

If we can beat Wednesday then March looks pretty favourable...

Whats the betting we put in a great performance against Wednesday, get 3 vital points to sit 3 points behind the playoffs (again) & then follow it up with a Burton-esque performance (again) at Bristol City to find ourselves 6 points off again?

Just been pointed out to me by a fellow Canary we''ve only ever one once at Wednesday in our history, this can''t be right!

On paper, fixtures for March (SW aside) look favourable. Then you look at fixtures for April and not so good considering our poor results so far against top six sides. We keep coming to games where we say three points are a must...but then the letdown. If we beat SW we are still in the mix but everything that has gone before us this season is telling me we are going to fall short of the playoffs. I just don''t see the consistency needed to pick up enough points.

Nah that knobhead, just looked it up we''ve won a few games at their ground.

Though I wouldn''t put my mortgage on us winning this time!

April''s fixtures don''t look great but there''s no one I fear whatsoever if we turn up so I guess it might work like this - we will either have given up several weeks ago or, should we still look in contention by then, then it will be because we''ve continued to find some good results in March. So if that was the case then the players would surely be on a high as well as many supporters and it''d be game on because we all know these players can play even better than they are. And that is without taking into account that one or two teams around us may choke/lose form etc - who knows?. I figured today that I will just keeping enjoying each game as it comes as to be fair I''ve actually only had one real disappointment for some time now i.e. Burton Albion, and crucially, we have good players slowly returning to the fold - in Nelson Oliveira we have a very special striker and he could make a massive difference to us, he would have had a hatrick yesterday and that''s exactly the kind of difference I mean.