Sign in to follow this  
daly

Roll on nest season

Season over for NCFC

Lets get rid of AN plus all the journeymen who are bankrupting this club. We should have seen the light when AN brought the Pie Man and Andreau to the club.

nah, Wembleyand I wonder how many of the whiners on here will be clamouring for a ticket ?

Agree look forward to next season only if we change manager,get rid of some players and make some quality signings,instead of the duds we have signed over last two seasons ,e.g. the wolf,Becchio Morrison,grabben,hooper,had some quality players but let them all go e.g. Snodgrass,fer,Redmond and would include Johnson as thought he was ok with us .

Next season in the chumps will be dominated by the dismantling of the squad and the academy as we seek to reduce the wage bill to around 15m, assuming year 3 of the ten year Alex Neil project. Enjoy this season - avoiding relegation next is the most we can hope for.

let them go ?or maybe they were offered better terms elsewherein the same way as we acquired Pinto, the two Dutch lads, Oliveirathat''s how it worksas to me I am looking forward to our next game, and the one after thatI will think about next season when the fixture list comes out and I can see who we will be playingso until then, no whining from me

[quote user="Bulldog Rummin"]nah, Wembleyand I wonder how many of the whiners on here will be clamouring for a ticket ?[/quote]

Dream on. We will finish 9th if we are lucky which is probably higher than where we deserve.

That''s what happens when you drown your sorrows at the bargain price beers at Wetherspoons

RIP NCFC

Personally, I do think the season is effectively over in terms of the playoffs. At a time when we needed to kick on and put pressure on the teams above us, we have taken two points from a possible nine. It''s not good enough. I only hope that come August we have a new manager who can organise and galvanise the players that we retain and buy. We have some good young lads who should be better next season.

[quote user="The Big Bad Wolf"]Personally, I do think the season is effectively over in terms of the playoffs. At a time when we needed to kick on and put pressure on the teams above us, we have taken two points from a possible nine. It''s not good enough. I only hope that come August we have a new manager who can organise and galvanise the players that we retain and buy. We have some good young lads who should be better next season.[/quote]

I wonder about AN and the younger players though.

We had the same with Redmond and now the twins. They very rarely go for the line and cross. They stop look behind and then come inside thus giving room for the full backs , which is still AN''s main attacking tactic.

Tottenham do they same thing and that is why they will never win the league.

I believe we have gifted players in the centre: Hoolahan, Pritchard and Maddison (don''t know about Wildschut yet). Then with Howson and Thompson we have the basis with the twins of a good enough midfield for this division.

But I can''t see AN using them properly.

Apart form the first game of the season I''ve been a bit disappointed this year and the feeling has grown as the season unfolded...that we were not quite at the races. Something seemed just not quite fitting. .....Board changes, the poor run, the defensive frailty, Delia''s ill-timed Times article (IMO she would have been better saying nowt), real struggles away from home, the Newcastle game away, the tactical shortcomings ( never been convinced that Alex N knows how to influence games, but he has got a bit better in this respect).

Before the season started I thought we were good for around mid table anyway. It''s the hope and expectation that has been so hard to deal with because every now and then the engine has fired up and we have looked half decent. There is a team in there but there are 7 or 8 better ones I reckon. Huddersfield have been superb. I reckon a top two spot could be theirs.

Some wonderful goals to savour though and come August I really look forward to the new season after seeing again how we have recruited in the summer and how we have restructured. We should have done it last June but we gambled on the status quo rather.

The investment spent surely has been not worth it, not that it has been completely wasted as we have some great prospects and players in our team and they have value too. We kept both of the Murphys to pick one example.

I expect us again to be there or thereabouts of course because whilst this season was going to be difficult in my view, we still have some parachute money to invest and to pay wages. Who knows just yet. There are some good younger prospects coming through.

I think today effectively trampled on our play off ambitions. As people have said 2 points from 9 over the last 3 games is just not good enough. And this team is not quite good enough.

At least we have effort on display though and this season has been miles away from the Roeder years to give one example.

I hope this post is balanced. I reckon we may trickle on towards 60 to 65 points this season. It would take something ridiculous now to win most of our remaining matches. It is mathematically possible but also seems quite a crazy concept and I believe we all need some perspective and realism.

We are miles better than Ipswich ....to watch what they have to see like today must be mind-numbing. It''s a shame this year as we have been better than many teams but have not had the marksman to convert chances on a consistent basis ...Nelson being crocked for a good while hasn''t helped. Hopefully he fires well next year.

I like your post Sonyc. Great stuff buddy. Home supporters haven''t had a bad season''s entertainment. Away results haven''t been good enough. I couldn''t get too upset about today. We played them off the park and it was just their keeper who played a blinder. 
I don''t see the point of throwing in the towel though. All you have to gain is being able to say you were right at whatever date / month in the season.

You can never throw in the towel Nutty. You always live in hope don''t you? You hope for a miracle but I reckon we have all been watching for so long, (many posters have watched for decades on this forum), that we can all see we are not the kind of team this year to work a miracle. That kind of expectation belonged to the Lambert years ( recently) which was unbelievable when I look back.

Oh.....and who really cares if one is right or wrong after the event. It is hollow even if one is right!

Can''t see any point in giving up, admittedly I haven''t been going away this season and I can sympathise with the views of those that have wasted their money on long trips, but it ain''t over! (Yet)

As someone who has to be an away supporter we have not been great (often we have overplayed, and become predictable). It isn''t over yet but don''t want to waste too much more time having one''s hope crushed each time! A frustrating season VW but I suppose in another way it has been quite an eventful one!

Maybe the acceptance has set in now.

2 points from the last three games, two at home and the other against a bottom three club would have been held to ridicule in November.

Some are still trying to be optimistic about that.

Lots of things to look forward too - growing vegetables in my greenhouse, walks by the river and a summer holiday (my wife wants to go to Malta). Such is the situation at the club that I find myself looking forward to lots of non-football things.

sonyc, agree with much of the above,

I''m normally positive but the last two results have put paid to my playoff hopes. I suspect in 2 or 3 weeks time we''ll be already thinking about & considering our prospects for another assault next season. It''s likely AN will move on in May or June as I believe a top six finish was the requirement this season. A positive legacy will hopefully be AN''s acquisition & nurturing of young prospects. Players such as Godfrey, Toffolo, Thompson, McGrandles, the Murphys, Pritchard & Maddison could be ready to stake a claim as first team regulars next year. A massively important summer beckons.

I hate to throw the towel in but, perhaps in the short to medium-term it could be beneficial to use the last ten matches to prepare the road for next season.

get a grip of yourself ladin ''82 we came through and went uptwo years ago we picked ourselves up and went back to the PL via Wembleysummer of 09 we were broken, down and out in L1 and beaten 7-1 at home... then went on to walk the leagueSaturday is another game as is the one after that - and I shall be cheering the team on until it is mathematically impossible to finish in the playoffssomething I would expect every City supporter to be doing40,000 at Wembley  ooh what supporters we aregoing gets tough.... oh grizzle grizzle whine whine

[quote user="Bulldog Rummin"]get a grip of yourself ladin ''82 we came through and went uptwo years ago we picked ourselves up and went back to the PL via Wembley...[/quote]
Not to put a damper on that thought but we are currently 10 points behind that season, we were also third and 1 point from the auto spots [*-)]

if it''s 2015 you are talking about then we finished 8 points ahead of 6th placeso we are only two points behind, on that basisnot that much to make up over a dozen games

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="The Big Bad Wolf"]Personally, I do think the season is effectively over in terms of the playoffs. At a time when we needed to kick on and put pressure on the teams above us, we have taken two points from a possible nine. It''s not good enough. I only hope that come August we have a new manager who can organise and galvanise the players that we retain and buy. We have some good young lads who should be better next season.[/quote]

We had the same with Redmond and now the twins. They very rarely go for the line and cross. They stop look behind and then come inside thus giving room for the full backs , which is still AN''s main attacking tactic.

I believe we have gifted players in the centre: Hoolahan, Pritchard and Maddison (don''t know about Wildschut yet). Then with Howson and Thompson we have the basis with the twins of a good enough midfield for this division.

But I can''t see AN using them properly.[/quote]There''s a good reason why virtually no team in any of the top leagues play with orthodox wingers; it''s the same reason why a full back will always try and force an attacker wide rather than let him cut inside, namely that crosses from wide are far less dangerous to a defensively well-organised side than pull-backs from much closer in. Engineering a penetrating run to the by-line inside the box from centre midfield is far more likely to produce a goal than crossing from the wings.
Tottenham may not win the league but it''s not because they don''t have wide players "going for the line and crossing". None of the contenders for the title rely on orthodox wing play and one of them is going to top the league

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="The Big Bad Wolf"]Personally, I do think the season is effectively over in terms of the playoffs. At a time when we needed to kick on and put pressure on the teams above us, we have taken two points from a possible nine. It''s not good enough. I only hope that come August we have a new manager who can organise and galvanise the players that we retain and buy. We have some good young lads who should be better next season.[/quote]

But I can''t see AN using them properly.[/quote]There''s a good reason why virtually no team in any of the top leagues play with orthodox wingers; it''s the same reason why a full back will always try and force an attacker wide rather than let him cut inside, namely that crosses from wide are far less dangerous to a defensively well-organised side than pull-backs from much closer in. Engineering a penetrating run to the by-line inside the box from centre midfield is far more likely to produce a goal than crossing from the wings.
Tottenham may not win the league but it''s not because they don''t have wide players "going for the line and crossing". None of the contenders for the title rely on orthodox wing play and one of them is going to top the league
[/quote]

Maybe you will say there are exceptions but Real Madrid made perfect use of that tactic last night when 2-0 down to win 3-2.

Yes Manure under Fergy played with two wingers and two strong midfielders I think it worked for them!

Yes I know top teams have better players but in principle it works, it''s about buying the right players for the system you want to play!

Surely if you play with one striker and two wide attacking players as we do you need two good wingers.

All the games I''ve seen we attack really well keep control of the ball, but after 20 minutes we drop off and start to fall deaper and that''s when we tend to concede, I don''t believe we get caught short in numbers but more too many numbers back and failing to pick up runners from deep, be it set pieces or normal play.

I can''t say next season will be one which many will be happy with, the board have already said they are fully behind AN, so even if we don''t get into the playoffs I think he''ll still be here.

Also believe there will be a very large number of players out the door in the summer.

One thing for sure there will be a huge number of threads on here with a lot of discussion .....should be fun.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Couldn''t agree more. Get rid on AN & the deadwood hanging on here.[/quote]

I can think of plenty of dead wood on here I''d like to get rid of. Quite a few posting on this thread.