Sign in to follow this  
BIC

Cheerful rumour

Some of you may have read the rumours in the Guardian''s Fiver yesterday.
If not:

"And Tottenham defender Calum Davenport is ready to cut his losses at White Hart Lane and make his loan move to Norwich a permanent one."

Just a rumour I know, but a totally believable one.
Mind you though, things going the way they are, he might not want to join a "club in crisis".

I take it you''re being ironic, as we''re hardly a club in crisis regardless of how many people get upset cos Worthy''s not really interested in their fickle views or even ''cos we''ve had a poor start to the season. Perhaps come christmas and we''re still in the bottom 3, that would be a crisis.

Davenport would be a superb addition to the club, he might be put of by booing "fans" though

Ironic? Me?

I can''t really see us being called a club in crisis ever, what with the sensible administration going on.

I''m sure things''ll turn around anyway, whether Worthy continues or not. It''d help if Davenport stays that''s for sure.

Well Davenport signing would be a very nice Xmas present. Just the type of player we need to be attracting, young, talented, but maybe never going to make it at Spurs.

We have a history of picking up good defenders from that club and that may now also include the Ginger Pele!

Great result tonight and lets hope we can go on a wee little run and settle the nerves at FCR! I hope so since some happy news on this website is needed. Sometimes of late it''s been more fun reading the Samaritans message board...

im not entirely sure he would come to the club BUT:

a) hes not being played at spurs

and b) he might not want to drop a tier

only thing is if he does not minds is finding the money to buy him, they bought him for 3 million, so they are going to ask for atleast 1.5 million.

If Jol''s got any sense, he''ll hang on to Davenport. So I hope Jol''s very stupid. I hadn''t seen Doc and Dav before last night, but they looked very good, with Dav just shading it because Doc "did a Fleming" a couple of times, and headed the ball back into the danger zone instead of clearing it.