Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

When will we get a proper right winger?

Imo we have needed a pacy, good on the ball winger for a few seasons now. Im just wondering if we are ever going to get one? Or will we just keep buying strikers or centre mids and playing them there?

Out of all the players who have played there these last few years i cant think of any that were actually full right wingers?

McVeigh is a striker
Hux is a left winger
Marney is aparently a winger but he is more central
Jonson was a striker
Bentley was a striker
Rivers was a striker, no?

When is right wing going to be our priority? i would love a fast winger who will put in a good ball and score a few goals.

We had one - Kevin Cooper who arrived two seasons ago at a time when fortunes were starting to go against us ( Crystal Palace away )and turned our season around. Another one of Worthy''s bad decisions to let him go .

Ryan Taylor does sound like a good player to have so thats probably why Wigan brought him in the summer. We was after him as the rumours went but he opted for Premiership Football..

Kevin Cooper is a 32 year old left winger. He was played out of position by Worthy on the right, therefore was never going to beat his man and put in a cross and although he did well, was NEVER going to make in the prem. And we have Paul McVeigh - just as good, but two footed and younger.

I thought Worthy got that decision spot on.

something i have wondered for a long time..... who knows?

with worthy in charge it could be a long while till we do...... he has always played a stiker out of position on the right wing, from Rivers to Jonson.

We need a right winger who will run at players and beat them getting those vital crosses in.

its not a matter of who, more of a matter of when at the moment in my opinion!

Ah, Neil Adams... remember him on the right wing?! Steeno did a pretty good job there too. But yes, we seem to have been alright for left wingers for years, but not on the right. Marney did a fantastic job tonight though... great cross for Doc''s goal and some sublime crossfield balls to Hux. More of the same please Dean!

Alright Northern? Its Jez. Your man is Ahmet Brkovic from Luton, he is quick pacy and would case defenders problems all day long, I''m not sure how much Luton would sell him for, but would definitly would be worth every penny!

Problem is though there are not too many wingers around.

I was disappointed (and laughed at) that we missed out on Ifill in the summer.  He goes past people, can cross and scores goals too.  At the money Sheffield Utd paid for him, we should have been interested.